IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Ooh, Half-Minute Hero 2 was released earlier this week. This is a Steam release of the PSP sequel that was only released in Japan (Yuusha 30 Second), rather than that "Super Mega Neo Climax" game on XBLA/PSN, and so this will be the first time it's been localised. :)

Got some sweet steam keys for people to steal. Don't take em all!

Replace the * with the letter at the end of each line.

GNMEL-083QA-03ZZ* Mark of the Ninja L

4E5O-AKMJ-S7TI-RU2* Eets Munchies G

DN3EF-D2YN3-KMW2* FTL: Faster Than Light Q

DK8CB-MANPW-J4JD* Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken Q

6KT7E-NCN3E-T66Q* Limbo X

R3W5G-2YPVX-ZEZC* Bastion Y

I have stolen Faster Than Light from here. Thank you very much; you are good people. x!

Finally completed Portal last night. Very enjoyable. I finally get all the cake references.

I've got a wireless keyboard with trackpad on it and an xbox 360 controller. Steam Big mode is nice and cool to use. Very much console like so far. Apart from the crazy low prices. :)

So....should I buy Portal 2 next?

I never got far into Half Life back in the day so should I try that next and its sequel?

If you have a spare key you fancy giving away for any of these then let me know please before I buy them. Assuming the source versions of half life are the definitive ones?

Portal 2 is lovely, and as you've just finished 1 and liked it it's easy to recommend.

Half-Life is... a series I enjoy less. Someone will probably be along to give you a key at some point, and there's nothing lost for trying HL1 and 2 again* but as you didn't get on with the original back in't day I wouldn't rush to pick it up. But then, I would say that.

*well, apart from your time

Got some sweet steam keys for people to steal. Don't take em all!

Replace the * with the letter at the end of each line.

GNMEL-083QA-03ZZ* Mark of the Ninja L

4E5O-AKMJ-S7TI-RU2* Eets Munchies G

DN3EF-D2YN3-KMW2* FTL: Faster Than Light Q

DK8CB-MANPW-J4JD* Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken Q

6KT7E-NCN3E-T66Q* Limbo X

R3W5G-2YPVX-ZEZC* Bastion Y

Mark of the Ninja taken, thanks :D

GFWL is such a great system that it doesn't even let me play RF:Guerilla. Any solutions?

(during the THQ intro the GFWL pop-up causes it to crash)

Had the same issue. It's not GFWL it's DX11. If you go to the Steam forums there's a variable you can copy paste into properties that will force it to boot under DX9.

Do it. Amazing game. It's GTA / Saints Row crossed with Total Recall.

edit: According to the forums

right click on the game in the steam library, select properties, then launch options, then add -nod3d10 it works.

Had the same issue. It's not GFWL it's DX11. If you go to the Steam forums there's a variable you can copy paste into properties that will force it to boot under DX9.

Do it. Amazing game. It's GTA / Saints Row crossed with Total Recall.

edit: According to the forums

Cheers! That command line worked. Thanks a bunch. :D

nnnnnnnnnnnnggg. Went to get this. No Linux version. I'm trying to avoid Windows if I can but everything keeps directing me towards installing it.

Give it a few more years and you probably can avoid Windows completely with the way things are going. Even the new CryEngine and Unreal Engine 4 offer Linux support going forward. But I think you're coming into PC gaming at least one year too soon to be able to use Linux exclusively.

Not exactly Steam, but I'm putting it here anyway -

Kickstarter for Outcast HD has started :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/outcast-reboot-hd/outcast-reboot-hd

Basically one of my favourite games of all time, with absolutely the most magnificent soundtrack ever.

I think the thing has been on the cards for quite a while, but looks like they're upgrading to the unreal 4 engine.

Really want this to succeed, although bit worried about the $600,000 target, which might be tough to get to.

Still, I'm in for it, and we'll see what happens.

Give it a few more years and you probably can avoid Windows completely with the way things are going. Even the new CryEngine and Unreal Engine 4 offer Linux support going forward. But I think you're coming into PC gaming at least one year too soon to be able to use Linux exclusively.

As much as I agree with that, I really think that Portal 2 will be ported ASAP.

Yeah it is already being ported to linux, there is a beta (or at least was) http://steamcommunity.com/games/221410/announcements/detail/1585569369676516320

Would imagine it will be available within a month or two.

Woohoo. thanks guys. I'll opt into the Portal 2 beta.

Not exactly Steam, but I'm putting it here anyway -

Kickstarter for Outcast HD has started :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/outcast-reboot-hd/outcast-reboot-hd

Basically one of my favourite games of all time, with absolutely the most magnificent soundtrack ever.

I think the thing has been on the cards for quite a while, but looks like they're upgrading to the unreal 4 engine.

Really want this to succeed, although bit worried about the $600,000 target, which might be tough to get to.

Still, I'm in for it, and we'll see what happens.

Kickstarter Spider-senses are tingling again. There is a lot of detail about those stretch goals and the budget jumps seem quite small for the amount of extra content - either they've already budgeted for it in the main funding, or they're going to need more than the maximum and anything less is going to leave a hole. I might be wrong, but I'd say "tread carefully" with that one.

Kickstarter Spider-senses are tingling again. There is a lot of detail about those stretch goals and the budget jumps seem quite small for the amount of extra content - either they've already budgeted for it in the main funding, or they're going to need more than the maximum and anything less is going to leave a hole. I might be wrong, but I'd say "tread carefully" with that one.

Yeah, I did think as much. When I said I'm in, I probably should have added 'sooner or later'! I can't help thinking 600,000 is just too much. I just hope against hope it does it though!

Where are the best places generally to buy Steam keys? I'm pretty new to PC gaming, and so far I've just been building up a collection via pretty much just Humble Bundles and Steam sales. I suddenly had a craving to play Portal today, having never played it, but found I have Portal 2 but not the first one :doh:

I was just going to get it through Steam, but is there a better idea?

Where are the best places generally to buy Steam keys? I'm pretty new to PC gaming, and so far I've just been building up a collection via pretty much just Humble Bundles and Steam sales. I suddenly had a craving to play Portal today, having never played it, but found I have Portal 2 but not the first one :doh:

Generally Steam sales, Greenman Gaming who often have discount codes splashed across their home page and sometimes cdkeys.com. I have a feeling the valve games are pretty much only available via Steam although might be wrong about that.

It's quite likely someone has a free copy of Portal to gift away too.

Here are few to get you started:

http://www.cheapshark.com/

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/

http://www.getgamesgo.com/

http://www.simplycdkeys.com/steam

http://www.hotukdeals.com/gaming/deals/hot

http://savygamer.co.uk/category/deals/pc/dd/

When a game is on sale on steam, always check if they've price matched it on Amazon (they often do) so you'll pay the lower USD price instead.

There's also that brazillian website nuveem with often much lower prices than elsewhere