IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Those Halo groups have been around for ages as far as i can remember.

And AC:AH isnt THAT bad. I picked it up on a whim, fully expecting it to suck, but its enjoyable. The helicopter and AC130 missions were lame, but the actual plane flying missions are great. The story is abysmal, but thats just keeping in step with the rest of the series. At least with AC5 anyway..."go dance with the angels!!" :seanr:

Where are the best places generally to buy Steam keys? I'm pretty new to PC gaming, and so far I've just been building up a collection via pretty much just Humble Bundles and Steam sales. I suddenly had a craving to play Portal today, having never played it, but found I have Portal 2 but not the first one :doh:

I was just going to get it through Steam, but is there a better idea?

I've got a copy of Portal in my Steam inventory if you still haven't got it.

https://www.playfire.com/

You get rewards for achievements, I thought it was only during specific windows (normally soon after release), but there's some on there that don't line up at all (I'm not even sure where 28th March came from. It wasn't when I joined). They've got Arkham City and Sleeping Dogs on atm

From asking about it in here people suggested just signing up, and expecting an unexpected windfall everynow and again

28 Mar '14 You have opted-in for emails about news, competitions and more £0.50
28 Mar '14 You played South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ for the first time! £0.50
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Oorah to Ashes in Aliens: Colonial Marines £0.10
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Stick Savior in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.10
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Inside Joke in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Nonconformist in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Elven Hero in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Mastery in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.25
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Just Saying Hi in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.50
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Parkeologist in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.10
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Make it Rain! in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Skilled Defender in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Weapon Proficiency in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Shopaholic in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.25
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Ass of Fire in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Junk Peddler in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.10
28 Mar '14 You unlocked More Popular Than Jesus in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.10
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Chinpoko loco in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.10
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Dog Whistle in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Friends in Strange Places in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Animal Cruelty in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.10
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Canadian Handshake in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.10
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Daddy Issues in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Avenger in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.10
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Stay Down in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Made This for You in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Gingivitis in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked First Day in South Park in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked New Kid On The Block in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Poco Chinpoko in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Shutout in South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Elite Defense in XCOM: Enemy Unknown £0.10
28 Mar '14 You unlocked All Employees Must Wash Hands… in XCOM: Enemy Unknown £0.25
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Eye in the Sky in XCOM: Enemy Unknown £0.10
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Veni, Vidi, Vici in Sid Meier's Civilization V £0.50
28 Mar '14 You unlocked It's Super Effective in Sid Meier's Civilization V £0.10
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Up High, Down Low in Borderlands 2 £0.10
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Saw the Elephant in BioShock Infinite £0.50
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Vigorous Opposition in BioShock Infinite £0.25
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Welcome to Monument Island in BioShock Infinite £0.10
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Femme fatale in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Next stop: Castlevania in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Heart of stone in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked A madman's on the loose in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Hunted hunter in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Crushed rock in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Vampire kiss in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked False chosen one in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked The path of the Whip in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Hard Times in Thief £0.50
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Predatory Drive in Thief £0.25
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Dastardly Deeds in Thief £0.10
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Working Overtime in Thief £0.10
28 Mar '14 You unlocked The Dawn's Light in Thief £0.10
28 Mar '14 You unlocked The Hidden City in Thief £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked A Man Apart in Thief £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked The Forsaken in Thief £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Hidden Agenda in Thief £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Happy Birthday in Thief £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Mint Condition in Thief £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Dark Archer in Thief £0.05
28 Mar '14 You unlocked Sleight of Hand in Thief £0.10

https://www.playfire.com/

You get rewards for achievements, I thought it was only during specific windows (normally soon after release), but there's some on there that don't line up at all (I'm not even sure where 28th March came from. It wasn't when I joined). They've got Arkham City and Sleeping Dogs on atm

From asking about it in here people suggested just signing up, and expecting an unexpected windfall everynow and again

How did I not know about that before?

I assume that if you've already unlocked an achievement you can't get it?

No idea. For example I had the Aliens, XCom and Civ 5 achieves months ago, before I signed up for it.

And some of those I got at odd times, and not during the window it should be (e.g.if you go to blog there's several games with countdowns)

I got it because I tend to get new games at launch, and play a fair pit of them (South Park, Castlevania and Thief all had 2-3 day "event" post launch where you could get rewards...which have all been processed on 28th March).

Again I asked about it at the time and people in the thread said it was buggy as hell, and you'd randomly just find rewards added (usually in bulk)

Yeah just been looking into it, if you've already unlocked something then you shouldn't get it again but who knows. Not sure about the "play for the first time" ones which aren't strictly Steam achievements, maybe play for the first time while your account is linked? Here's the current ongoing ones:

http://blog.playfire.com/2014/04/tuesdays-rewards-08032014.html

Might actually be useful to get me playing something rather than browsing the list of hundreds of unplayed games then not bothering as happens all too often.

I've got a copy of Portal in my Steam inventory if you still haven't got it.

Amazing. Nope, still haven't got it, so would be happy to take it off your hands if you don't want it...

No idea. For example I had the Aliens, XCom and Civ 5 achieves months ago, before I signed up for it.

And some of those I got at odd times, and not during the window it should be (e.g.if you go to blog there's several games with countdowns)

I got it because I tend to get new games at launch, and play a fair pit of them (South Park, Castlevania and Thief all had 2-3 day "event" post launch where you could get rewards...which have all been processed on 28th March).

Again I asked about it at the time and people in the thread said it was buggy as hell, and you'd randomly just find rewards added (usually in bulk)

Well, I'll sign up for it tonight then. I guess it can't do any harm.

IMO completely outstayed it's welcome and didn't have half the inventiveness of the first game.

you should probably try and replay the original if you really think that. Game has aged terribly

AMR is well worth a double dip on the PC anyway. The physx stuff is probably still some of the best ive seen, and totally absent on consoles