IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Steam has died for me, wanted to dl state of decay is it's 1p but steam just crashes.

It's already back up to it's normal price (£3.74), I managed to load the page during the lag spike but the purchase button (when it was a 100% discount) had vanished.

Please don't feed bacon horsemeat.

But I was looking forward to explaining how running games in an actual window, (and modern games in a full-screen, borderless window - and indeed the fact that with the right software he can even force that on old games) would negate the issues he's having with resolution-changing, and pointing out that he keeps ignoring the bit where all the games he's describing are problematic because of their age and, again, suggesting that in future he buy old games from GOG.com to avoid the issues he's been having :(

These are the games I wanted that didn't get a daily/flash:

- The Pinball Arcade season packs (season 2 is 10% off, still £20.69, ouch)

- Starbound (no sale price at all)

- Legend of Grimrock (very common in past Steam sales, when I didn't bother. 66% off at £4.07 is okay I guess)

- SSFIV:AE (Dammit, it never left 50% off £7.49)

- Rayman Origins (Legends was in the sale, but not the first one, stuck at £5.99... luckily Amazon has it for £1.99)

I suppose I'd better clear up with some of these now, plus a few other stragglers.

The haul, for anyone (no-one) who's interested:

The Swapper
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite
Deus EX GOTY
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Fallout: New Vegas
Mirror's Edge
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
Tomb Raider Legend
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Tomb Raider Underworld
The Wolf Among Us
System Shock 2
DLC Quest

Crafted 3 Summer Adventure badges.

How is Payday 2 for someone that doesn't use a mic and just plays with randoms? Had fun with the first but was put off the second at launch, I got the impression I might not get on with it as much as the co-op is much more involved this time.

Final dale and no flash sales but still, 2 copies of Ys: Oath in Felghana up for grabs for the first 2 forum regulars who would like to play them.

Delicious fast paced action, highly enjoyable rock music and some ridiculously enjoyable boss fights which explains why I've bought the game 30 times now! :blush:

Post your interest here along with your Steam profile and I'll add you and send them across! :)

I wouldn't mind a copy at all :)

How is Payday 2 for someone that doesn't use a mic and just plays with randoms? Had fun with the first but was put off the second at launch, I got the impression I might not get on with it as much as the co-op is much more involved this time.

Payday 2 is a much better game than the first one, but I think you've answered your own question, sadly.

The sequel is much more of a co-op game than the first one, and if you don't play with friends or participate in public games using the mic, the game really wouldn't give you a lot of entertainment.

Don't get me wrong, the game is utterly fantastic when played properly, but sadly that does require all players to play out their roles and communication is key for doing so.

It's a significantly better game and the post-release support has been really impressive - the devs are clearly getting a better handle on what they want to do as time goes on. But it needs co-ordination a lot of the time.

These are the games I wanted that didn't get a daily/flash:

- The Pinball Arcade season packs (season 2 is 10% off, still £20.69, ouch)

- Starbound (no sale price at all)

- Legend of Grimrock (very common in past Steam sales, when I didn't bother. 66% off at £3.49 is okay I guess)

- SSFIV:AE (Dammit, it never left 50% off £7.49)

- Rayman Origins (Legends was in the sale, but not the first one, stuck at £5.99... luckily Amazon has it for £1.99)

I suppose I'd better clear up with some of these now, plus a few other stragglers.

The haul, for anyone (no-one) who's interested:

The Swapper

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY

Bioshock

Bioshock 2

Bioshock Infinite

Deus EX GOTY

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Fallout: New Vegas

Mirror's Edge

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition

Tomb Raider Legend

Tomb Raider Anniversary

Tomb Raider Underworld

The Wolf Among Us

System Shock 2

DLC Quest

Crafted 3 Summer Adventure badges.

Grimrock is going to be in a flash sale on gog later, never forget gog.com guys as their sale is just as good as steams.

So I thought I was done for this sale, but for the hell of it I've just bought The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us and am now eyeing-up Rome 2 and The Bureau as it's only £3.

So - is Rome 2 worth a tenner? Is the DLC worth £1.49 for The Bureau?

Grimrock is going to be in a flash sale on gog later, never forget gog.com guys as their sale is just as good as steams.

And it's only $2.99 (so about £2)!

So Divinity: Original Sin.

It's in the sale for £23.99 or there is a collectors edition which includes two copies of the game as well as the dlc and 2 older games for £42.39 (two copies of the game for £21.19 each).

Does anyone know if both copies of the game in the collectors edition include the dlc? Or is it just the main account which gets the dlc while the other person would get just the base game?

Edit: Nevermind, turns out the dlc is just pretty rubbish cosmetic stuff.

How hardcore is Arma 3?

I'm enjoying BF4 but looking for something a little more sedate and and strategic. Is it best in MP or is there a decent SP attached?

Most of the YT vids seem to be Russian/German/ Scandi and I know how they love there games to err on the side of simulation

Wanted Nuclear Throne and Desktop Dungeons on sale but didn't see them. Doesn't really matter as I picked up enough games to last me years this week.

Also, I bought Fallout New Vegas a while back, but just the base game. Looking on Steam now I appear to have all the DLC. Did they upgrade that at some point or am I going mad?

Ah yes, just gone up for $2.24... which is £1.31! Very nice. I've just never used GOG before. I hate putting credit card details into websites... I mostly use Steam so I can stay "off the grid" and buy Steam vouchers with cash in high street shops.

If someone kickstarted Divinity: Original Sin and they have it on their steam account. If he then logs in to his steam account on my laptop, and we download the game, does that mean that I would then be able to sign in to steam and play the game from my account? :unsure:

I am fairly certain that when I have signed in to steam on his pc I have been able to access his games library and play games that I didn't own?

Edit: Never mind..nothing to see here..was being silly! Apparently he had unticked my authorisation. :angry:

So last day.I bought the last 2 games I wanted and I got a decent haul over the sale:

Ikaruga
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year
Rayman Legends
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
All the Fall of Cybertron Multiplayer DLC.
Papers, Please
Bulletstorm (Which I bought a week ago and have just now got to work. Fucking Games for Windows Live)
The Walking Dead Season 2
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition

I ended up buying:

Cloudbuilt

Castle Crashers/Battle Block Theatre

PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventure

Sonic & All-Star Racers DLC

The Witcher 2

Far Cry 3

Payday 2 DLC

Wolf Among Us

Metro: Last Light Complete

State of Decay

I had some restaint. There's a ton of other stuff in my wishlist that I want that I've held back on.

Still gutted Strider/Double Dragon Neon/Pac-Man Museum/Ikaruga didn't appear in the Community choice. :/

I'm gutted I missed Rocksmith 2014 at £9.99.

If you're willing to wait a few weeks, it's regularly on sale at that price elsewhere.

Edit: Same price at Funstock Digital right now.

Is there going to be an encore sale or is this it?

This is it.