IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

I've just had a trawl through my Unredeemed Humble Bundle Keys and I have the following to pass on:

- Amnesia: AMFP

- Aquaria

- Bastion

- Eets Munchies

- FTL

- Gish

- Gratuitous Space Battles Multiplayer Key

- Gunpoint

- Hammerwatch

- Luftrausers

- Metro 2033, Risen & Sacred Citadel

- Monaco

- OlliOlli

- Teleglitch

I guess message me here and then I'll PM over the Gift Link, or something. All the usual forum rules apply - Regulars only, first come first served, yadda yadda yadda.

I'd love FTL if I may

Anyone here upgraded to the latest AMD graphic drivers in the past 3-4 weeks?

I'm suddenly getting BSOD twice a week now and based on WhoCrashed analysis of the dump files I'm beginning to think that its the AMD drivers.

Is anyone else having the same experience from a recent AMD upgrade? (Running AMD7950)

Oh ffs. I bought deadly premonition on steam for a fiver. Then I see its on gog for five dollars. And now I see its on the humble store for 2 dollars.

It's OK, if you're like me you wouldn't get around to playing it for three or four years anyway by which point people can't even give it away in the Steam thread for free.

I'm suddenly getting BSOD twice a week now and based on WhoCrashed analysis of the dump files I'm beginning to think that its the AMD drivers.

Is anyone else having the same experience from a recent AMD upgrade? (Running AMD7950)

I've experienced no issues on my 290.

It's OK, if you're like me you wouldn't get around to playing it for three or four years anyway by which point people can't even give it away in the Steam thread for free.

Best advice for that game is to watch the Jeff/Vinny Endurance Run on Giant Bomb. Fast forward through the longest stretches of the truly horrid gameplay. In that form, it is gold.

Just posting this here in case people don't see it in the Evolve thread:

If anyone wants an Alpha key for the PC I've just been emailed another 8 codes.. I'm not entirely sure why :D

Also worth noting that anyone with Xcom (I presume Enemy Unknown) in their Steam library can install the Alpha without any need for a key.

Are they the 14.9? I know a few people who are having issues, and reverting back to 14.4 has fixed them.

Gabe: maybe you simply already have everything? ;)

Ha, nah, my Steam list compared to many is pretty low-down I would think. I was just a bit disappointed that I have around 40 games on my wishlist (a mix of old, new-ish and some EA titles) and none of them were in this sale.

Gives me a chance to finish some other stuff though I guess.

I'm not sure what more can really be done to flag up Early Access - perhaps have a final click-through in the checkout to remind people that they're purchasing an incomplete product and there will be no refunds in the instance of development going on for a decade or in fact never being finished.

From a personal perspective, I used to like EA a lot - it went a long way to avoiding having to be patient when it came to new and exciting games that I wanted to play, but I think I've swung the other way now. Too many games that I've bought into and ended up getting bored of them before release, and the seemingly endless tide of them on the Steam store these days. I think these days that despite my eagerness I prefer to wait.

That said, GalCiv 3 has my trigger finger mighty itchy.

I believe EA has already been claimed as a video game acronym.

There's a beta of Red Faction: Guerrilla available on Steam, with the hateful GFWL removed (via another forum). Right click the game -> properties -> Betas and the beta access key is:

nordicrfgbeta

This lets you select the "publicbeta". I've noticed a couple of bugs so far, so you may want to hold off until it's officially released, but it's good to see that older games are getting GFWL stripped out of them.