IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Overclockers have a Galax/KFA one on weekly special at Overclockers which looks quite nice, clocked up a bit and guaranteed not to suffer from a coil whine issue which seems "somewhat" prevalent in 970s. I'm quite temped by that, or by the Asus Strix one as I've found them to be reliable. MSI and Gigabyte are usually safe bets too.

I dunno, I should just buy one but the fact they're all about £30 more than they were a few months ago is putting me off slightly. Stupid exchange rates.

Do they still come with a free high end Ubisoft game as I think they stopped that too - which is a bummer

Only just over 2000 hours to complete my steam library. I put 2500 hours into WoW (inc time in alpha n beta n illegal fan run servers) by the first year of release! What does "complete" mean anyway. You can't complete my favourite titles like Civ and Rocksmith.

AMD are meant to launch some stuff next month - even if you don't fancy AMD, it may cause Nvidia to drop prices, so it may be worth waiting until then.

That's a good tip yeah. Although against that, extra 10% on topcashback this weekend. Although against THAT I think it's 10% of the 1.11% so effectively not a lot at all. Right then, I shall leave it for now I think.

I thought the GTAV spec wasn't looking too demanding? That said, I've not bothered looking at it yet. My computer runs Elite in fancy resolution and everything cranked up, that's all I really need right now (or at least, all I actually play).

Anyone here playing Chaos Reborn? It's amazing, even in it's Early Access form, best thing I've played in I can't remember how long. The best update/remake I've ever played.

I had completely forgotten about this, but picked it up yesterday. I can't really compare it to the Spectrum version or the Amiga port because I never really got my head around it back then.

This version is, as you say, great fun though. While it's actually quite mechanically simple (I guess it's being true to it's roots), it's not in any way mindless. The one thing I've found quite hard to adapt to is the everything has one hit point, and a varying percentage chance to hit.

Just feels strange to have your opponent on the ropes and for them to attack you with a rat and kill you through your magic shield and higher ground.

I guess it's something you need to cope with through board position rather than tanking.

I had completely forgotten about this, but picked it up yesterday. I can't really compare it to the Spectrum version or the Amiga port because I never really got my head around it back then.

This version is, as you say, great fun though. While it's actually quite mechanically simple (I guess it's being true to it's roots), it's not in any way mindless. The one thing I've found quite hard to adapt to is the everything has one hit point, and a varying percentage chance to hit.

Just feels strange to have your opponent on the ropes and for them to attack you with a rat and kill you through your magic shield and higher ground.

I guess it's something you need to cope with through board position rather than tanking.

I still play the Speccy version on my phone, a perfect port, but this blows it away even in the early stage it's at.

There's a lot of talk about the "randomness" of the battles, and whilst I agree there seems to be an amount of luck involved I think it generally works pretty much as it should. Totally get your point about the shield, high ground and rat though :D.

It feels like online 3d chess to me, like the Millenium Falcon hologram game Chewbacca and R2D2 play in Star Wars! Brilliant.

Update coming 24th Jan, the Vampires are coming........

http://www.forum.chaos-reborn.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1115

I still play the Speccy version on my phone, a perfect port, but this blows it away even in the early stage it's at.

There's a lot of talk about the "randomness" of the battles, and whilst I agree there seems to be an amount of luck involved I think it generally works pretty much as it should. Totally get your point about the shield, high ground and rat though :D.

It feels like online 3d chess to me, like the Millenium Falcon hologram game Chewbacca and R2D2 play in Star Wars! Brilliant.

Update coming 24th Jan, the Vampires are coming........

http://www.forum.chaos-reborn.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1115

I actually think that a chunk of the skill in the game is going to be about mitigating the 'randomness' and following a couple of basic rules, like assuming the enemy wizard is going to be packing a Gooey Blob and keeping the right amount of distance away from them until you're ready to hit them. It's also very early days for it, so no doubt if there's need more control will work it's way in there. I'm not sure there really needs to be, because matches don't go on long enough for me to get invested to the point I get annoyed at an RNG loss - but like the original you need to paint with broad strokes rather than approching it like a spreadsheet.

HA! There we go motherfuckers!

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

The title has been removed from the account and a credit has been applied to your Steam Wallet. The credit can be used for future Steam purchases.

Your current Steam Wallet balance is displayed in the top right hand corner of the Steam client window next to "[Your username]'s Account".

Please note in the future that Steam purchases, per the Steam Subscriber Agreement, are not refundable - this store credit was issued as a customer service gesture.

Got my Skullgirls money back. :D

AMD are meant to launch some stuff next month - even if you don't fancy AMD, it may cause Nvidia to drop prices, so it may be worth waiting until then.

I doubt AMD will be able to compete with the 970/980 so I can't see it leading to Nvidia dropping their prices.

Still, the 960 looks underspecced, so I'd AMD will likely beat them in the mid-range.