Steam - There's a sale on

The main game sounds a bit basic and boring after awhile but I've been doing a fair bit of reading up on this mod:

http://colonialcharter.com/

Meant to improve it loads once you know what you are doing.

I quite like the simplicity to be honest, games like this have a nasty habit of "throw everything we can think of in". I like Sim City, something like Sim City 4 confuses the crap out of me.

But that looks quite interesting.

A 5 year old system with a 7 year old processor, no less! Nice going.

My system's only 3 years old, with a 5 year old processor (i5 2400) and a top-end graphics card from 2012 (GTX 680), and it still runs things beautifully - much to my surprise, re: The Witcher 3, which I'd anticipated needing to upgrade for.

I have a 5 year old laptop (not even a real gaming model but it has a decent GPU for the time) that can play quite a bit of current stuff. Not anything AAA that is also on current consoles - it can't run witcher 2 never mind witcher 3 - but lots of PC-only games are still happy enough on last-gen sort of hardware. I mostly play indie and strategy games though. I could get a bit more performance out of it still by upgrading the RAM if I wanted, that seems to be a bottleneck in some games I have played recently.

That said, I am planning to replace it with a proper gaming desktop within the next six months to a year. Looking forward to that.

I'm oddly paired with an old as hell CPU (i5 2500k - but overclocked to 4.2ghz) and GTX 980. I've only had three gpu's over the life of this system since 2011 or so. GTX 460 (lol - was cheap but ran things surprisingly well) a 7950 and a mis-priced GTX 980 last November or so. It's nice to just be able to hit ultra on pretty much everything. I'm convinced with how much I enjoy games on PC that I'm happy to keep investing in the odd new GPU every few years, but you can really make some PC parts last for ages.

I'm oddly paired with an old as hell CPU (i5 2500k - but overclocked to 4.2ghz) and GTX 980. I've only had three gpu's over the life of this system since 2011 or so. GTX 460 (lol - was cheap but ran things surprisingly well) a 7950 and a mis-priced GTX 980 last November or so. It's nice to just be able to hit ultra on pretty much everything. I'm convinced with how much I enjoy games on PC that I'm happy to keep investing in the odd new GPU every few years, but you can really make some PC parts last for ages.

I'm still using a GTX 450.

Summer Sale

Daily Deals:

Don't Starve £2.74

Hotline Miami 2 £8.03

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution £7.19

GTA V + Cash Card £38.98

Metro 2033 Redux £4.24, Last Light Redux £4.24, Both £6.79

Valkyria Chronicles £3.74

XCOM

Binding of Isaac Rebirth £5.49

X Plane 10 £22.49

Sniper Elite £2.37, V2 £5.74, SE3 £11.99

Tales from the Borderlands £9.49

Homeworld Remastered Collection £10.79

Farming Simulator 15 £16.74

Darkest Dungeon £11.24

Wreckfest £11.49

15 12hr Flash Deals.

Non sale side note, Ubisoft games £50 :lol: fuck off, same to the other publishers going for £50.

I think every internet user known to man must be loading Steam at the mo, it's acting like a loon and struggling to load anything. Seems daft you can't open seperate tabs within the app unless I'm doing something wrong?

(I think this is a breach of the trade descriptions act in this country).

"A price used as a basis for comparison should have been your most recent price available for 28 consecutive days or more."

Source, does seem illegal in the UK and many other countries, including the US.