Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Okay, for those of you looking for the guy who hasn't played Skyrim yet, look no further. I am that guy.

I bought it in a sale in 2012 for £8 (no DLC), spend hours and hours modding it, and I've never played more than two minutes beyond the intro. 10/10, would buy again.

Given Dragonborn alone is £6.99, more than the price of the Legendary edition, I'm not entirely sure why I'm asking the question.

This highlights a permanent annoyance with Steam, the standalone DLC sales never seem to come close to beating a GotY edition on sale. So, if you've got games where they were either bought "early" (Skyrim) or you got as a present (Bioshock Infinite, Dishonored) and it was the base version, you're almost stuck with buying the game again because it's cheaper than buying the DLC separately. Even more annoyingly, the Bioshock and Dishonored ones did have GotY versions available, but it's not possible to put those versions on a wishlist so I was just using them as a placeholder really - not that my sister was to know that.

Battleblock Theater - is it one of those things that really needs more than one player to shine? Might re-download the 360 demo for a try, can't remember what it was like.

And yes, I'm aware that it's kind of mental that I'm quibbling over £1.09 which I'm not even spending anyway because it came from card credit. Read all about it in my upcoming book "How Steam sales ruined my ability to sensibly gauge the value of anything ever again".

Battleblock Theater - is it one of those things that really needs more than one player to shine? Might re-download the 360 demo for a try, can't remember what it was like.

And yes, I'm aware that it's kind of mental that I'm quibbling over £1.09 which I'm not even spending anyway because it came from card credit. Read all about it in my upcoming book "How Steam sales ruined my ability to sensibly gauge the value of anything ever again".

No, whilst it is better with more than one player, it is absolutely worth it on its own.

got the Life Is Strange season pass and Rayman Origins. Annoyingly it seems like some of the daily deals don't appear in the steam app which is what I check each morning - wouldn't have known about Rayman for example without the list above (which had Legends so thought I'd check Origins too)

It's one of those games which is brilliant in single player, and a completely different and equally brilliant game in co-op.

Daily:

Goat Simulator £1.74

Dragon Ball Xenoverse £19,99

Resident Evil Franchise

Age of Empires II HD £2.24

Fallout Franchise, FO3 GoTY £5.09, FO:NV Ultimate £5.09

Kerbal Space Program £22.49

Europa Universalis Franchise

The Stanley Parable £3.49

Tropico Franchise, T5 £9.24, T4 £3.74, T3 £1.99

Assassin's Creed Franchise, Unity £22.49

Killing Floor 2 £15.99

Mortal Kombat X £26.24

Saints Row Franchise

theHunter Primal £5.74

Stranded Deep £7.25 (no daily discount)

Flash

One Finger Death Punch 99p

Trails in the Sky £6.49

Serious Sam Franchise

Grim Dawn £9.49

Ride £14.99

Among the Sleep £3.74

Starpoint Gemini 2 £9.17

Titan Quest Gold £2.99

Space hulk Ascension £7.81

Just Cause Franchise

Max Payne Franchise

Nekopara £4.68

Men of War 2 £3.99

Ultimate General Gettysburg £2.74

Project Cars £23.99

£8.39 for the full Resi Revelations 2 series, score. Thought I'd mention it as it's not in the list - you have to click into the official page. And a zombie walks you through your purchase! Not the last bit.

Showing as £13.39 for me?

Bizarre. I distinctly remember the actual price button showing £8.39 as it's under my tenner sweet spot, and insta-purchase. Would it be tracked on one of those price history sites?

Edit: checked Isthereanydeal.com and lowest it's ever been is the current price, so must have had Steam credit? Either that or a weird misprice/blip.

I've got half a dozen outstanding, but I've not even played the last batch I bought. Sad state of affairs really, not put much time into the PC version I've got the majority of tables for now, rotatable monitor and everything.