Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Does Counterstrike GO have a match making thing going on, or is it server-based like in days of yore? I've not played since 1.6, such is my rustiness, so wondered if it gently eased players into it by matchmaking rather than chucking them into the deep end.

Does Counterstrike GO have a match making thing going on, or is it server-based like in days of yore? I've not played since 1.6, such is my rustiness, so wondered if it gently eased players into it by matchmaking rather than chucking them into the deep end.

It's extremely 'noob' friendly. You just click the Play button and off you go! You can still pick and choose servers from the server list yourself but that's only if you want to go off the deep end and play weird custom game modes (like surfing for example, that's still in). Anyway my first 300 hours or so must've been nothing but Casual and Demolition I think. The latter of which being the most fun to get into as you don't have to wait as long for the next round to begin, as opposed to casual and competitive.

So get it, pick and choose a mode and have fun!

1PgQbX5.png

Be warned though, once you get to grips with the basics of it all competitive matchmaking is extremely addictive. Especially when you inevitably rank up and see that sexy emblem animation and all that.

I am going to recommend Hacknet. Really cool hacking game. It's not an open-ended 'sim' like Uplink, really more of a text adventure with an awesome interface. Has some of the best fourth-wall breaking fuckery I have seen in a game.

There is a quick look on Giant Bomb that really sells it well

Noticed there that Hacknet does something very cool - hidden in a text file you have to hack during the game are two steam keys for the game. One has already gone, so anyone who wants a free copy, reply to this.

Oooh yes please. May I?

Telltale once again treating their early adopters like suckers in the Humble Sale. Add any four of their games to your cart and get 80% off (85% at five games) making, for example, both seasons of The Walking Dead, Tales from the Borderlands, Wolf Among Us and Game of Thrones yours for only £15.29.

I'll probably get Borderlands, both Puzzle Agent games, Back to the Future and 400 Days which comes to £7.94.