Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

1 minute ago, *chin* said:

It was for the first £24,000 that they gave out, ie. 4800 people. Was gone from early this morning. Try it, it doesn't work anymore.

Must admit I don't actually know how to use it, I just saw it's still active in my Paypal wallet. Case of putting twenty quids worth of stuff in your Steam basket and trying to pay using Paypal?

27 minutes ago, stefcha said:

Must admit I don't actually know how to use it, I just saw it's still active in my Paypal wallet. Case of putting twenty quids worth of stuff in your Steam basket and trying to pay using Paypal?

Yeah so if you claimed the offer yesterday, but didn't use it, you will still have access to it. If you try to claim the offer today, it isn't available.

What most people are doing is using Enhanced Steam to add £20 to their wallet and paying for that via PayPal. £5 will get transferred to your PayPal wallet.

48 minutes ago, *chin* said:

Yeah so if you claimed the offer yesterday, but didn't use it, you will still have access to it. If you try to claim the offer today, it isn't available.

What most people are doing is using Enhanced Steam to add £20 to their wallet and paying for that via PayPal. £5 will get transferred to your PayPal wallet.

Any details on how? I've used ES for years but no idea how you'd buy Steam credit using it, that'd be ideal though given the actual offer says no gift card purchases and I'd rather just add it now.

edit: Found it, it's under the standard wallet purchase in your Steam account - ES just adds a "custom amount" box allowing you to put in £20.

1 hour ago, *chin* said:

It appears to be working again, as I just added it to my wallet, which I couldn't do this morning.

I have just set up the £5 off voucher with Paypal, so it seems to be working again.

Do you need to select precisely £20 of Steam wallet topup using Enhanced Steam, to get the £5 off? Would it still work if I selected £25 of wallet topup through the Steam client?

Super Mega Baseball is supposed to be really good too (except for the lack of any online multiplayer). Bought the PS3 version recently, having no idea it was out on PC given it seems like a very arcadey console type game.

Despite Steam sale malaise for the last god knows how many, I'm actually quite looking forwards to seeing what this one brings in a few hours time. Even though I know it'll be the same discounts it always brings in all the other sales and also regularly throughout the year in general. It must be down to that £20-for-£15 I have sitting in my Steam wallet from the Paypal deal, which, somewhat annoyingly, has locked my account from trading for a couple of days due to it being counted as the addition of a new payment source. 

My PC is in dire need of a refresh, and consequently I've hardly touched any PC games lately. The Steam sale didn't really hold a great deal of interest barring a few bits on my wishlist, if they're cheap enough, but my girlfriend just installed Steam on her laptop so I might be looking for a few super-casual things for her. If anyone can recommend decent casual games that aren't match-3 arcade puzzlers then I'm open to ideas. We'll have her playing Skyrim in no time, maybe.

4 minutes ago, Vimster said:

How long was that? I did make 13p on a card recently but the rest are 4p or so. Valve have made It more hassle and I don't know if it's worth it these days.

Pretty much bang on 4 years, I've got a badge from being in the trading card beta from 26th June 2013. Rarely make much as I don't tend to buy games on release, but I have made a life changing 67p from Nex Machina so far! 

4 minutes ago, Blu3Flame said:

Surprised to see Snake Pass at £7.99 already.

Me too, I havent seen anything outside the giant bomb quick look but it looked so satisfying and curvy.

Now can we get next gen snake rattle n roll with these sick physics please