IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Hollow Knight is going to be a definite purchase for me. Other than that, I'm eyeing up:

MELTY BLOOD Actress Again Current Code (because I like MB and it has the best name)

tumblr_nit62stv0V1r7sijxo1_500.gif

Power Hover (Hoverboarding for 99 cents)

Detention (a Taiwanese atmospheric point and click horror game)

http://i.imgur.com/bygF3zl.gifv

What remains of Edith Finch (although this only has 25% off and I'm pretty sure it will drop more and/or be featured in future bundles)

18152996422_2775242fa2_o.gif

Only Nier Automata for me this time. With the community patch installed and configured the first level ran at a rock solid 1080/60 for me so I'm happy. I've been wanting to play it for ages. That's a really old gen i5 and a 970.

Ended up buying the girlfriend Her Story, Puzzle Agent and Puzzler World. Came to just over £3. It's interesting going around that area of Steam, seeing the casual stuff. There's quite a bit of dross so caution is advised, but the reviews are really helpful.

She saw my Steam profile and remarked "you've got over 500 games! That's ridiculous!" I said I'd been on Steam since 2004, but neglected to mention the vast majority of those games were bought in the last 5 years. She also made a comment about my average completion rate being 16%. Okay okay, pile of shame and no gaming stamina, guilty.

14 minutes ago, Vimster said:

She saw my Steam profile and remarked "you've got over 500 games! That's ridiculous!" I said I'd been on Steam since 2004, but neglected to mention the vast majority of those games were bought in the last 5 years.

Seems that bar the very odd game here and there things didn't really pick up 'til about Xmas 2009 which presumably coincides with the beginning of the "big" sales?

In fact, after Half Life 2 in 2004 it might've been 4 years 'til I actually bought a game on Steam, with STALKER in 2008. When did the store and purchasing within Steam itself actually come into effect? 

1 minute ago, stefcha said:

Seems that bar the very odd game here and there things didn't really pick up 'til about Xmas 2009 which presumably coincides with the beginning of the "big" sales?

In fact, after Half Life 2 in 2004 it might've been 4 years 'til I actually bought a game on Steam, with STALKER in 2008. When did the store and purchasing within Steam itself actually come into effect? 

If I remember you needed a Steam account to play HL2 and Counterstrike. So much moaning about Steam at the time. Valve added all their games but it wasn't until Christmas 2008 when they had that first big sale. The store was in US dollars, it was $2 to £1 - great days.

Just now, Vimster said:

If I remember you needed a Steam account to play HL2 and Counterstrike. So much moaning about Steam at the time. Valve added all their games but it wasn't until Christmas 2008 when they had that first big sale. The store was in US dollars, it was $2 to £1 - great days.

Looking back, ten years ago there were a massive 150 games or so available for purchase on Steam :lol:  And yeah, there was much gnashing of teeth about the requirement of Steam for HL2 in the first place but it worked - I just remembering it sitting there preloading away on the relatively slow connections we had back then probably thinking "I hope this isn't the future" - yet in the end it's undoubtedly one of the most important factors in PC gaming ever.

Dunno why you guys can't find anything worthy on Steam, my basket is at 16 items currently (adding up to £28) and I've still to add the usual yearly visit to discounted Pinball FX2 tables. :)

I'll probably resist, but there's plenty awesome to get at a normal retail games price.

Main disappointments: dariusburst and marvel vs capcom 3 not discounted as much as I'd like. Nor is the Street Fighter 5 DLC (20%? pff)

Haven't the last few Steam sales been staggered, i.e. slowly rotating more games in as time progresses? Or maybe I'm just imagining this.

I remember the outrage about Steam back when Half-Life 2 came out. My profile says I've been on it for 12 years but this is literally only because of HL2...I must have only used Steam for real for a fraction of that time, maybe the last 5 or 6 years max.

13 minutes ago, NEG said:

Dunno why you guys can't find anything worthy on Steam, my basket is at 16 items currently (adding up to £28) and I've still to add the usual yearly visit to discounted Pinball FX2 tables. :)

I'll probably resist, but there's plenty awesome to get at a normal retail games price.

Main disappointments: dariusburst and marvel vs capcom 3 not discounted as much as I'd like. Nor is the Street Fighter 5 DLC (20%? pff)

Oh man Pinball FX2, I tend to buy the tables when they're heavily discounted, play them a couple of times then that's it. It's basically a pile of shame inside my pile of shame. Xibit.jpg

And I was keeping my fingers crossed for heavy Dariusburst discount. Oh well.

16 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

It's cos we don't buy a load of Sega crap neg.

Toejam and Earl 1 and 2 are admittedly in the basket, the remaining two MD titles I'd failed to pick up in past years. A steal at 99p each. ^_^

35 minutes ago, Vimster said:

Oh man Pinball FX2, I tend to buy the tables when they're heavily discounted, play them a couple of times then that's it. It's basically a pile of shame inside my pile of shame. Xibit.jpg

I'm actually a bit scared of launching FX2 now as I'll be overwhelmed and unless they've changed the interface the icons for all the tables will be minuscule there's that many to fit in. And I've just added two more with the South Park pack :facepalm: 

edit: I don't think I've played any of the last 15 tables I've bought in the last few years. Facepalm indeed.

8 minutes ago, stefcha said:

I'm actually a bit scared of launching FX2 now as I'll be overwhelmed and unless they've changed the interface the icons for all the tables will be minuscule there's that many to fit in. And I've just added two more with the South Park pack :facepalm: 

edit: I don't think I've played any of the last 15 tables I've bought in the last few years. Facepalm indeed.

At least I'm not alone. Phew.

Can someone please tell me just why the original Dark Souls never seems to be in any sale? I never got it on the PC, and whilst I know it was never the greatest of ports, I really do want to give it a whirl, but I'm buggered if I'm paying the £20 it always seems to be.

1 minute ago, JoeK said:

Can someone please tell me just why the original Dark Souls never seems to be in any sale? I never got it on the PC, and whilst I know it was never the greatest of ports, I really do want to give it a whirl, but I'm buggered if I'm paying the £20 it always seems to be.

It was last on sale at Christmas. You can see the price history here: https://steamdb.info/app/211420/

23 minutes ago, earlymodernsteve said:

Used to be a regular sale item :( Greenmangaming are cheaper but are out of stock - of a digital title. Worth checking there, Gamersgate, Humble Store and Indiegala store. All legit rather than the grey sellers.

What, you don't want a dodgy key and have the satisfaction you're probably funding the Russain mafia?

Every game in the dark souls series, except dark souls is on sale. Still fucking raging about the time I tried to buy it in a steam flash sale for like £1.70 and the deal ended as I was trying to buy it. 

I don't even own a gaming pc. Gonna be my next big gaming purchase though. Anyone else buy games that they can't even play just because they're cheap as fuck?

11 minutes ago, clippa said:

@stefcha It looks a lot harder than it is, your hitbox is tiny and they're very generous with charging up your special move which turns you into a vengeful, invincible pinball that smashes around the screen blowing up baddies. I highly recommend you pick up the dlc too which costs more than the game but is excellent.

Here's a little primer I posted for someone else if you're interested - https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/192102-shmups/&do=findComment&comment=11183341

I thought I'd check out the DLC to see what it offers:

The Hurricane of the Varstray -Threat of 3rd Force-

The Hurricane of the Varstray is the "SUPER MYSTERY MAGAZIN MU" and traumatic collaboration!
Of shooter the strongest ever firepower is the "Baryon Laser". Beat fleet of UFO with this!
New challenge of StudioSiestA. The exhilarating feeling can't imitate in the other,
And continuing catharsis of destruction. Plunge into new stage for operation.
A new 4 stage, add many enemies, and moreover the new weapon which increased in the destructive power.
Feeling of exhilarating is immeasurable.
The main character of Aurelia and Leontina.
Aurelia and Leontina is popular of the previous work. Challenge mystery of the UFO this time.
"MU" is the only truth is told in Japan. 
The story was written by "MU" cooperation. Does their mystery become clear?
"UFO Panels" are hidden in the game. Let's collect UFO Panels and complete a UFO guide. Surprised by the hidden facts.
Maybe we are dominated by "their"!

Yes, that clears it up.