IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

I've decided on my additional sale items. I've gone with:

Elite Dangerous (inc Horizons)

Just Cause 3

Mad Max

Couple of quid left that I'm topping up with by selling the trading cards straight away. You can get three per day by going through the recommended games queue. I'll see if there's anything else I fancy on the last day.

Have you played it @theredstar? It's really not that bad. The horrendous launch performance issues have been pretty well patched out and the game has been very well supported by the devs with loads of other tweaks and patches to make the gunplay feel better. If you like the idea/setting and are looking for a Far Cry 3/4 stronghold clearing map janitor game, I'd say give it a go. There's always steam refunds.

4 minutes ago, earlymodernsteve said:

Avoiding too many purchases until I see what's in the new Humble Monthly. I have added the complete Disney Infinity Gold sets for the kids though. All of the content is unlocked without having to buy the figures etc. £11.24 for the lot can't be sniffed at.

The Humble Monthly unlocks on the 7th. The sale finishes on the 5th...

17 hours ago, Gabe said:

What's the general consensus on Homefront: Revolution with DLC for £9?

I gave it a chance, not being overly critical of the original game when it came out.

Not a huge fan. The whole affair lacks punch, from storyline to objectives to actual combat. It's pretty boring as a whole.

1 hour ago, *chin* said:

Yeah, I fully expect to have purchased all the games in the next Humble monthly. Would have been good to know before I committed to the purchase!

I hear you. Removed some potential candidates from the cart. Can always pick them up in the Autumn. Not like I'm short of games to play at the moment. Likes of Owlboy, Stories Untold etc will surely be in a monthly soon enough.

On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:18, stefcha said:

I've gone back in and have beaten a few of your scores. Which ones?

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

Actually a lie, I've only done about half so far but the gif gives you an idea of where I'm heading :)

Nice one :)

You would start with Thor wouldn't you? I really don't like that table, too cramped and no satisfying lines.

It's on, though. It's on.

18 hours ago, Gizamaluke said:

Have you played it @theredstar? It's really not that bad. The horrendous launch performance issues have been pretty well patched out and the game has been very well supported by the devs with loads of other tweaks and patches to make the gunplay feel better. If you like the idea/setting and are looking for a Far Cry 3/4 stronghold clearing map janitor game, I'd say give it a go. There's always steam refunds.

In fairness, I've not played it recently. It brought my pc to it's knees, which had never struggled with anything else. That was a month or so after launch, I think.

If the patches have fixed it, that's great. Unfortunately, it's been crushed under my pile of shame, and I probably won't go back. It's a shame as I quite liked the first one. That's the problem with pc gaming, there's always something interesting being released.

Is the Steam sale these days the same ganes from beginning to end? Working to a budget, and going to pull the trigger on South Park, Offworld Trading Company, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and What Remains of Edith Finch, but don't want to miss out on anything later.

6 hours ago, beenabadbunny said:

Nice one :)

You would start with Thor wouldn't you? I really don't like that table, too cramped and no satisfying lines.

It's on, though. It's on.

Another 5 down. I've not gone crazy - forgotten how to play any of them so just having a quick run through each. There's a lot worse than Thor, Iron Man in particular is just soul destroyingly tedious so please god leave that one alone. I'll dig out the FX2 thread for future updates!

On 2017-6-26 at 00:56, VN1X said:

Played Speedrunners with Illyria on XB1 and, along with Chariot, it might be one of the most fun and exciting local multiplayer games I've played in recent years! It has online as well so can't wait to jump back in and clench my butt 'till it hurts. 

Is Speedrunners well populated, given it sounds like it's multiplayer only? And is there matchmaking with randoms or do you have to arrange games? Looks fun, but I can imagine it dying a quick death for me if the matchmaking is rubbish.

29 minutes ago, stefcha said:

Is Speedrunners well populated, given it sounds like it's multiplayer only? And is there matchmaking with randoms or do you have to arrange games? Looks fun, but I can imagine it dying a quick death for me if the matchmaking is rubbish.

Dude it's glorious. There's a story mode (which has you unlock characters), local match, online multiplayer, custom, ranked and finally quick play which puts you, and a friend or two, in a match with bots!

Plus you can play this until the forever as there are workshop maps also. Basically, there's more than enough videogame here to last you a lifetime. :)