IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

I'm definitely tempted - though, even as someone who loves AC I'm a little shocked by just how shamelessly that's riffing on it, aping everything down to menus and voiceovers religiously - I'm curious to know if they've hired cast from previous AC games, as it sounds eerily familiar.

Works with VR, works with HOTAS, looks pretty - I'm gonna get it at some point for sure, I know it. Not straight away as I have Too Many Games on already and I really want to get through some that I know I'll abandon if I take a 'temporary' break now.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know why a wired in Steam Link would suddenly throw up connection problems? I've reset the router, Pc, Steam Link and homeplugs. Only thing I've not done is change the cables and change the cable from being in the lan switcher to the router itself, but that's a bit of a faff so I thought I'd just throw it in here to see if anyone goes "Oh aye, you need to <insert solution here>"

I'm going to buy ZeroRanger and nothing else this sale. There are several other games on my wishlist I do actually want (and a ton I'm really not bothered about) but I know I'm not going to get around to actually playing them. So one game this year and I'm going to actually play it :o

1 hour ago, Sane said:

I'm going to buy ZeroRanger and nothing else this sale. There are several other games on my wishlist I do actually want (and a ton I'm really not bothered about) but I know I'm not going to get around to actually playing them. So one game this year and I'm going to actually play it :o

It's great :)

2 hours ago, Sane said:

For this reason I have a general policy of not buying anything until it is at least 66% off, because too many times I've paid for stuff that I've not touched until it is much cheaper. It's worked for me for a few years now and is easy to stick to.

Merry Christmas. Annual bundle code clearout giveaway time :) If I had something on your wishlist and have you added as a friend then I may have deposited a code to you via Steam itself. These are the traditional Christmas leftovers. PM for a code. Charge is one terrible cracker joke per code :P

The Beast Inside - 

Call of Cthulhu - 

Distraint 2 - 

Evoland Legendary - 

Frog Detective Bundle - 

Override Mech City Brawl - 

Planet Alpha - 

Shadows Awakening - 

Shapeshifting Detective - 

Splendor and DLC - 

Vikings Wolves of Midgard - 

I got red dead 2 in the last sale and it's brilliant. Such amazing scenery and so atmospheric, you can just ride out and find something you weren't expecting. There are some brilliant side quests like the world's first female lion tamer, a tonne of stuff to collect and challenges to tick off. I'm about half way through the story and I'm loving it. 

13 hours ago, chris on the moon said:

I'm thinking about buying an action adventure game. Should I get Horizon zero dawn, red dead redemption 2, cyberpunk 2077 or something else? I haven't played any of them before.

I haven't played RDR2 and as much as I'm enjoying Cyberpunk, it is broken. I thoroughly enjoyed HZD though so I would recommend that then pick up Cyberpunk when it's more ready to be played. 

Thanks Wiper, that's pretty helpful! Except for the new knowledge that horizon has stealth in it :lol:.

How stealthy are we talking? I can generally get away with a bit of sneakyness, but if it's an integral mechanic I won't get any joy out of it. Like, The Last of Us, metal gear solid, splinter cell or Metro whatever the last one was called- I can't stand.

Hmm, that's a bit tricky to answer. Stealth is pretty consistently present in the game, but for the most part doesn't work like the games you've listed; it's all about stalking through long grass in open environments, in order to start fights on your own terms, potentially after laying traps (and/or retreating when things get too heavy); rather than the pure hide-and-seek of TLOU/MGS/SC. If you want every encounter to be completely in your face, though, it's probably not going to be exactly what you're after!

(I seem to recall a couple of 'proper' stealth bits against humans as a notable weakpoint in the game, but IIRC they were a couple of isolated segments; others who've played the game more recently may be able to advise better here)