IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone else noticed a trend of games only being available full-priced directly from Steam (and perhaps one other store) rather than through third party key sellers? Recent examples that come to mind are American Truck Sim DLC, Hot Lava, Super Mega Baseball 3, Azure Striker Gunvolt 2, Everspace 2.

This is frustrating as buying games directly from Steam tends to be much more expensive. You can’t even get a good discount on Steam gift cards unlike PSN/Xbox.

Picked up The Textorcist in the sale - at 90% off it was hard to resist. Juggling movement and typing will be an interesting challenge though!

E: as people have noted, you might already have this in your Epic Game Library (I don't use Epic's store or launcher so I was oblivious.) Go and check that first.

14 hours ago, Qazimod said:

Picked up The Textorcist in the sale - at 90% off it was hard to resist. Juggling movement and typing will be an interesting challenge though!

Interesting concept. I’ll be purchasing this.  Thanks for sharing.

its £1.19 in the sale, can’t go wrong.

1 minute ago, BeeJay said:

For anyone else who was interested for just £1.19, like me, I almost bought and then checked my library. Yep, already got it as it was given away by epic at some point.

Thank you for that! In my pile of great unwashed too ;)

1 hour ago, BeeJay said:

For anyone else who was interested for just £1.19, like me, I almost bought and then checked my library. Yep, already got it as it was given away by epic at some point.

Good spot its in my Epic Library :blush:

On 07/02/2021 at 14:28, Halo said:

Has anyone else noticed a trend of games only being available full-priced directly from Steam (and perhaps one other store) rather than through third party key sellers? Recent examples that come to mind are American Truck Sim DLC, Hot Lava, Super Mega Baseball 3, Azure Striker Gunvolt 2, Everspace 2.

This is frustrating as buying games directly from Steam tends to be much more expensive. You can’t even get a good discount on Steam gift cards unlike PSN/Xbox.

I’ve noticed Bohemia Interactive have pulled Arma from third party stores as well, so this is definitely a trend.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been covered, but anyone have some insight into why my Steam chat window keeps opening in the middle of the night?

The lesson should be to put the PC into sleep mode before bed to avoid the random monitor glare, but I'm a slow learner.

22 hours ago, milko said:

Is that the one that had development gifs of the cute little pitstop teams years, or something influenced by it? Looks good fun.

ha, i see the thread has been bumped and includes me going on about the bloody pitstops. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I sometimes get two progress bars, and they're something like "downloading file" and (when the download is complete) "processing file". This is from the full download details view (e.g. when you click "Downloads" at the bottom of the app.)

I assumed it was something that might have always happened but I just didn't notice it as much.

13 hours ago, Qazimod said:

I think I sometimes get two progress bars, and they're something like "downloading file" and (when the download is complete) "processing file". This is from the full download details view (e.g. when you click "Downloads" at the bottom of the app.)

I assumed it was something that might have always happened but I just didn't notice it as much.

That's always been the case, yes. Doesn't always happen, but often will download the file then decompress it (which can take an age).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...