IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

I've done basically no gaming over the last 5/6/7 years, so will be looking to load up on bargains as soon as I get round to it. 

A lot of the big AAA shooters from the last few years (Doom, Wolfenstein, Arkane stuff in general) are going for less than a fiver in many cases, for example. Hard to argue with.

Will say, bit wierd that From has a sale on (seperate from the summer sale I think) that includes all DS titles except DS1. Thought it may be as the remake was handled externally, but it's still listed as theirs, so.... *shrug*.

My steam library is a mess. I have over 1500 games in the library and it needs a sort. 

Started a few collections (ongoing, puzzle, racing, MHG Coverage, etc) but it is taking a while. Are there any tools that can help with doing this? I tried the dynamic collections, but christ knows what that thinks some games are and why they belong in the collections it suggests.

35 minutes ago, ImmaculateClump said:

Thanks, Klatry. This is going down really well! Soooo tight.
Those snakes aren't fucking about! :D

Used to be even tougher before they patched it. It's a lovely game and one I need to sink some more time into.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if its been mentioned before but Zool Remastered released fairly recently on Steam by Sumo Digital Academy (student developers).  I remember Zool growing up but never played it but will be adding to my wishlist

Steam NextFest is on from 1st - 7th October. Lots of demos of forthcoming games. :) And of course, post in here if there's anything that deserves attention!

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/nextfest/

E: Tunic's in there! I played a demo of it a while back and it's very Zelda but also quite challenging and rather charming. :wub: 

E2: Exo One has a demo too - I had a look a little while after posting this. It's a bit minimalist; a bit "walking sim"... but there's something very satisfying about gaining momentum and launching yourself into a glide...

E3: and Into The Pit is there - I tried a Humble demo of this a few days ago and it was pretty fun.

On 24/09/2021 at 22:42, Dudley said:

Zool has... not aged well as I discovered recently but it does seem remastered is the best version of it.

Oh that's a shame. I would have thought that a game that was utter shit when released would somehow magically get better when remastered :( :P 

8 hours ago, Klatrymadon said:

Dread Delusion looks nice. I said on the podcast that PS1 graphics is the new cel shading (man I'm old) and looks like they've even added texture warping for the full effect! 

Yeah! I think there's still so much untapped potential for expression with "PS1-style" 3D graphics, so it's nice to see the style break out of the short-form horror niche that seems to dominate at the moment (as good as that stuff can be)...

I agree - the retro jank of PS1/Saturn/N64 still has a lot of potential compared to the mountain of pixel art games out there. (I appreciate that it's not easy though. :) )

Yeah, I thought it might be quite garish but it uses lighting and colour really well... and my PC's alright but it's a bit old now, yet the demo still manages to look good. :) 

I played a demo of this during one of Steam’s festival events and it was good fun. It’s definitely something I’d like to pick up in the future…

(E: it looks like there's still a demo up on Steam at the moment...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • bradigor pinned and unpinned this topic