IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Phew, I'm done. Didn't think there was this much for me to get on this sale but Steam continues to make my wallet me weep.

The list of shame:

Oblivion GOTY £5.10
Medal Of Honor £6.79
Battlefield Vietnam DLC £3.40
Half Life Two: Ep 1 £1.49
Half Life Two: Ep 2 £1.49
Cricket Revolution £1.00
Ben There Dan That + Time Gents £0.74
Stubbs The Zombie £1.49
NBA 2K 11 £10.09
Singularity £4.99
Wings Of Prey DLC £1.50
King Arthur: The Druids DLC £1.20
Beat Hazard Complete £2.12
Hitman Blood Money £1.49
Alien Breed Assault £0.00
Vampire: Bloodlines £10.04
Rush £0.87
Chime £1.00
Lume £1.70
£56.50

Hitman: Blood Money still looks surprisingly good at maxed resolution and settings. Alien Breed is worth 3 tickets of anyone's (not real) money. Oblivion I'm looking forward to modding to ridiculous levels. I bought Vampire because of Gerbik :)

For anyone that doesn't have it yet, probably the best value for money, hours per pound, all out fun game that's available again today is Just Cause 2 for the ridiculous price of £3.49. An absolutely huge game with ridiculous, fun stuff to do. Seriously, if you don't have it yet, get it.

Anyone buy Saira? ONLY £2 from £7.99.

Tis lovely little game for the price, go on.

Not as much damage as the Xmas sale, that seriously hurt my wallet.

Mata Hari £3.99

FATALE £1.24

Saira £2.00

Still Life Collection £5.99

Edit- Mr Robot (damn you bigfoot for mentioning Knight Lore) £1.49

Total £14.71

Thoughts on Chime, Shatter, and Penny Arcade Adventures before I click 'buy'?

I really like the Penny Arcade games, but bear in mind that they're part of a trilogy which is never going to be finished. They're funny, they have a nice timing-based-turn-based battle system, and they're only 10-15 hours so they don't overstay their welcome at all. Got 200/200 on 'em both on 360.

My haul in this sale totalled... £1.74.

Just downloading Just Cause 2 now. Juast need to hook up a gamepad. Anyone know an easy way to use a 360 pad or PS3 pad? Thin kI may just buy the bullet and buy a 360 wireless pad adapter thing.

Whilst the adapter is the easiest option, in the meantime you can always use a PS3 pad.

Download MotioninJoy, plug in a PS3 pad via a USB cable, and then enable the Xbox 360 Controller Emulation option. It's a decent cheapskate workaround.

Just downloading Just Cause 2 now. Juast need to hook up a gamepad. Anyone know an easy way to use a 360 pad or PS3 pad? Thin kI may just buy the bullet and buy a 360 wireless pad adapter thing.

JC2 automatically recognises the 360 pad if you have one hooked up. Changes the icons and everything too. I think it also supports switching on the fly so you can for example use the 360 controller and all the icons will be 360 icons and if you just start to use the keyboard during the same game it will automatically go to K&M icons.

This was the first Steam sale I've paid any attention to, after getting a bit bored of the 360 and deciding to check out some PC stuff for a while. I've bought the Half Life complete set, Audiosurf, Company of Heroes, Flight Control HD, Jamestown, Lead and Gold, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Abe's Exodus and Oddysee, Rush, all three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, Super Laser Racer, Terraria, Trine, Windosill and Zombie driver. Ooops.

To top it all off, the wonderful, lovely Blu3flame gave me a code for Lugaru, World of Goo, Penumbra, Samarost 2, Gish and Aquaria.

The next few weeks months year or so should be sweet. Looking forward to getting stuck in.

VALVE PRESENTS: THE SACRIFICE AND OTHER STEAM-POWERED STORIES

Valve (W/A) and Michael Avon Oeming (A)

On sale Nov 16

FC, 304 pages

$29.99

HC, 9" x 12"

For fifteen years, Valve has defined the cutting edge of video games. Now, Valve joins with Dark Horse to bring three critically acclaimed, fan-favorite series to print, with a hardcover collection of comics from the worlds of Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress, and Portal. With over three hundred pages of story, Valve Presents: The sacrifice and other Steam-Powered Stories is a must-read for fans looking to further explore the games they love or comics readers interested in dipping their toes into new mythos!

• Features comics from the bestselling series Left 4 Dead, Portal, and Team Fortress!

1310214625.jpg

Link: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33181 (scroll right to the bottom.)

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - worth it for SP? Seems bargaliscious at £5...

I reckon so. I've not completed the single player yet, but am about 3/4 of the way through it. The characters are actually really good and there's very amusing dialogue between them. Other than that it's a pretty standard guided FTP military shooter. One or two bits are a bit fiddly in terms of getting through them in just one or two attempts (e.g. having to defend a satellite against waves of enemies, and having to make your way down a mountain in a blizzard while fighting the effects of the cold and fighting off enemy troops -- I personally had difficulty with these sections, but people who're better at FPS wouldn't).

The reason I've not completed it is that I got distracted by the online multiplayer which is excellent and probably the best in its class (IMO).

That video left me with no idea what the game was... Can you explain it a bit better please? It looks interesting enough.

It's a 2d platformer/puzzle game, I have done two planets so far. You travel around a solar system with 4 planets to visit, every level you have to charge your ships battery but you are free to pick which one you travel to and in any order.

Some of the puzzles take form as small mini-games and you also carry a camera and can take pictures of anything in frame. One of the early puzzles requires you to take a picture of a code on a bridge and punch it into machine on later part of level, as you can look at your PDA and look at any picture you have taken at any time.

Also taking pictures of creatures will tell you if they can hurt you or not.

It does have a little story running throughout and was pleasently surprised, isn't bad for £2

Only reason I bought it is the developer also made Nightsky, which I got a while back and have been enjoying.

There is a Saira demo on the games site, which of course is free.

http://nifflas.ni2.se/?page=Saira

Only reason I bought it is the developer also made Nightsky, which I got a while back and have been enjoying.

More importantly, the guy also made Knytt, which is just an incredible, atmospheric, completely non-violent metroidvania platformer. Which is also free. Seriously, ignore the screenshots - the game is just sublime, and really draws you into it. The closest comparison I can think of are the Team Ico games, which isn't praise I give easily. And in case you missed my saying so, it's absolutely free. The semi-sequel, Knytt Stories, isn't bad either.

Yes, it is.

And it's also the most explosive and dynamic and just downright hilarious strategy game I've played. The name really undersells it.

I would have totally overlooked this as the name makes it sound rubbish.

However, having spent ~2 hours so far I can say it's a pretty damn good strategy game. It feels like a more action-oriented Company of Heroes.