IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

As do I! I've bought all four games previously in Steam sales, so if anyone wants it, just drop me a PM!

(In case anyone who's bought the Humble Bundle this time around doesn't know, they're giving a code for the games from the last Humble Bundle free to anyone who bought the bundle before a certain time this morning! Also free to anyone who pays more than the average of $4.92 from now on).

EDIT: Gone to LittleJoe on Twitter!

In case folk don't know, if you bought the Humble Indie Bundle 3 for more than the average price (which is currently US$4.92) they've updated it so you can get a Steam code for the Indie Bundle 2 which are the games Aimless is generously offering above. Just follow the link from your original purchase email and there will be an option to download these extra games or generate the Steam key to activate them.

Alternatively, if you haven't bought it yet, for a minimum spend of US$4.92 you can get: Braid, Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge Of The Titans, Crayon Physics Deluxe, VVVVVVV, Hammerfight, And Yet It Moves, Cortex Command and Steel Storm which is, frankly, frigging ridiculous.

Go here: Humble Indie Bundle

EDIT: Dammit, too slow!

I have a spare Steam key for Humble Bundle #2; that's Braid, Machinarium, Osmos and Revenge of the Titans. Quote this post if you'd like it.

Could I have this please? Already got everything I want in bundle 1!

Daily Deal: King's Bounty: Platinum Edition £7.49 75% off each game as well.

Quakecon day 1 Doom & Quake complete pack £17.99 £6 off if you pre-purchase Rage.

Weekend Deal 1: BRINK £14.99 plus a free weekend £7.98 at GAME Steamworks game.

Weekend Deal 2: Quakecon 2011 pack £49.99, £38.99 if you pre-purchase Rage, all id and Bethesda games, individual sales on all as well except Quake IV.

Glad I waited on the latest FO:NV expansion, that's down to £5.61, disappointed with no sale on QIV, still not played it yet guess I'll wait until Christmas. Been wanting to give BRINK a go, only thing is with BF3 and RO2 coming out soon will I really have time to play it much.

Nice to see Quake 4 make it to Steam. It's not the worst game in the world (nor is it the best, by any means), but having the whole series together is nice all the same.

I suppose it'd be foolish of me to ask if Quake 4 retail CD keys can be redeemed on Steam? EDIT: The Steam forums say no. Poo.

Daily Deal: The Maw £3.06

Quake con day 2: Elder Scrolls Pack £10.99 or Morrowind £6.49 Oblivion £9.99

Gamersgate has Darksiders £4.99 today only, must be registered on Steam.

Greenman gaming has 50% off all Total War games this weekend, again all can be registered on Steam.

And SHopto are getting in on the download service and starting with some good deals, The Longest Journey and Dream fall £0.98 each, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood £9.98 and the best:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution £19.99 it's Steamworks, guess you might get Quidco as well.

Atom Zombie Smasher has just been added to the Humble bundle, excellent game.

D2D have some pretty good deals this weekend, oh no they're US only again. They don't seem nearly as good as they where before the takeover, lots of US only sales, release prices aren't as good as they once where. Shame GMG don't have the catalogue of the others as they've been really good lately, would likely buy all my Steamworks games from them if they had them.

Edited by JPR

What's the port of Darksiders like ? Any good ?

Runs really well, never had any problems with it also as should be expected now it works perfectly fine with the 360 controller.

Seems D2D do have the offers on the UK site now, it's on shooters, Section 8: Prejudice for £3.95 is pretty good. Site isn't working properly for me so can't see them all, in fact I'm just watching it push my Firefox memory usage to 1.4gig. :lol:

Yep. I've just got Medieval:TW Gold from them, put the code in Steam, and it's happily accepted it.

Cool....I may have top purchase Shogun 2 then. Will have to check price on Steam itself.

Does the Shopto downloads work the same way? It doesn't say anything much on the website.

Yeh I wish you could do topups to previous bundles if you own a certain amount of a pack :(

I know, tell me about it. :( I've bought so much stuff on Steam at this point that it's rare that a bundle will come along (that I'm interested in) that won't contain games I already own. I'd be much more happy to pay €50 for the stuff I don't have than €70 for the whole lot.

Been playing through my summer sale games, made good progress so far and have been really enjoying them. Just completed The Longest Journey plus Dreamfall and loved them, why didn't I play these earlier on the other hand, thank god I didn't, otherwise I'd have spent years wanting the last part of the trilogy. It has left me even more interested in The Secret World which I've only noticed recently and hope it's a big success which will then fund Dreamfall 2.

Er, you'll have to faff about with them to get Jedi Knight to work - it really didn't like my system, with graphical and sound glitches a go-go. Didn't try Jedi Outcast, so can't comment on that.

Potentially silly question ahoy - all these old Star Wars games like Jedi Knights, they're all fiddled somehow to work on a modern Win 7 64bit system, right?

I've heard bad things about these...they don't like newer systems, one of the very few sloppy releases I've seen on Steam.

Read threads here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=714

and buyer beware in this case.

Potentially silly question ahoy - all these old Star Wars games like Jedi Knights, they're all fiddled somehow to work on a modern Win 7 64bit system, right?

GOG is the only digital distributor who fiddles with their old games and guarantees that they also work on modern systems. Steam and other distributors don't, and it depends on the publisher in each individual case if they can be arsed to fiddle.