Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

He seems to have more or less ripped off the giant bomb quick look format, his style is grating, and he seems to have weird ego problems*, but I like his videos on the whole. He has good taste in games and is good at showing what is good, bad and interesting about them. He's also one of the very few high profile gaming media sources giving proper coverage to PC games.

*Like registering for forums where he is being discussed and making trolly, passive aggressive comments to anyone who criticises his videos. No doubt he'll appear here before long.

Yeah god forbid developers ever including extremely obvious user-friendly options like pausable/skippable cutscenes, fully customizable controls (including inverted and southpaw options) and little things like FOV sliders as standard in every game, thus eliminating the most justified and constantly repeated but also stubbornly ignored complaints....

^^^^JOKE^^^

If you can make something for it Colonel you might as well do it as quick as possible. You never know when Valve will think it's 'ready' for open beta (if they do one at all).

I managed to get a Darksiders 2 preorder for it, which is the only game coming up in the next few months that I want!

I have no brand loyalty, would always just go for the best bang for your buck which more often than not used to be ati.

Far preferred to be giving my money to the underdog too. Every game started with that bloody nvidia video which is reason enough not to give them any money :D

I'm sticking with nvidia from now on though, always gonna be happy to pay that little extra. Updating the ati drivers for my 4870x2 on 64 bit xp was always a nightmare.

It would never ever go smoothly, I had to completely uninstall and use driver sweeper to remove everything, restart, install the drivers, restart again and get a fucking blue screen, every time there was something.

Never had a problem with nvidia with my 580, just install over the top and you're done.

Would be interested to know if someone's had experience of the exact opposite.

Well updating my single card 4870 was always easy. But the drivers never seemed to have any impact on performance, and the bug that made the screen flicker if you actually used the overclocking option (it was a 4870 OC edition) was never resolved, so i had to leave it at stock settings from day 1.

I admit tho i too was an ATI fanboy for ages, my 9800 pro was so boss back in 2003 :wub: Its all about Nvidia now for me tho!

Anyone ever had to return anything to Scan ? How are they with customer service etc ? Checked my order history and realised my graphics card was bought last May so I emailed them asking about a return for a replacement. Of course it's the holidays so it'll probably be a few days before I hear anything at all.

Would be interested to know if someone's had experience of the exact opposite.

Nope. 560 Ti and I've updated through every new iteration since I've had it without a flaw.

These drivers are kinda like a microcosm of PC gaming. Just a few years ago it was almost a certainty that the first time you tried to update the drivers something would go fatally wrong, requiring reboots, reinstalls and swearing. Now, you just pretty much download and double click.

Anyone ever had to return anything to Scan ? How are they with customer service etc ? Checked my order history and realised my graphics card was bought last May so I emailed them asking about a return for a replacement. Of course it's the holidays so it'll probably be a few days before I hear anything at all.

Just hope they still have it in stock. I bought a hard drive, hardly used it, and since day one its likely been faulty. Sent it off, they found it as faulty, getting a partial refund of less than half I paid for it because "they no longer stock the item".

You could argue its my fault, and they're well within the law to do so, but its a bit...shit.

I think it's now the concern of the manufacturer no? under a warranty return,

RE: Returns with Scan.

Good luck, I'm sure it'll be nothing to do with them. I had a motherboard catch fire a week after purchase. Apparently, nothing to do with Scan, but as a special favour, they'll send it back to the manufacturer (Gigabyte GA-Z68AP for those who don't like fire) as Scan determine this as warranty void.

Also, the guy on the returns desk smells, not sure if this is a deliberate policy, but it wasn't pleasant.

Cheers fellas. It's under a year old which is why I was wanting to return it to Scan. Apparently MSI have a 3 year warranty for graphics cards and motherboards from 'authorised sellers' but fuck only knows who they are, I couldn't find out an official list though it does state a 3 year warranty on the Scan listing for it.

http://www.scan.co.u...60mhz-384-cores

As the saying goes, you judge a retailer from their handling of a customers problems so we'll see what happens.

Cheers fellas. It's under a year old which is why I was wanting to return it to Scan. Apparently MSI have a 3 year warranty for graphics cards and motherboards from 'authorised sellers' but fuck only knows who they are, I couldn't find out an official list though it does state a 3 year warranty on the Scan listing for it.

http://www.scan.co.u...60mhz-384-cores

As the saying goes, you judge a retailer from their handling of a customers problems so we'll see what happens.

Honestly dude, good luck.

I had a bloody nightmare trying to return mine a year or two back. 50p says James Bailey responds to your email with a load of bullshit :P

I'm also in the same boat as choddo having not used them since buying a completely new build and had nothing but shit from their customer services.

Edit: I've also never had any issues with Scan :)

Scan once tried to send me 4 gb of ram. They tried 8 times, not once did they send it to the right address.

My favourite excuse was my house was unacessable, according to the drivers note my road was to small and covered in mud for his van. I live on a main 4 lane A road. God only knows where he was!

I gave up in the end and bought some on eBay, I have two friends who bought pre built syste,s from them and will also never use them again.

J

Well I got an email from some fella called Michael asking what's wrong and I explained about the errors/crashes and then got an RMD. James Bailey is Overlockers is he not ? I've read complaints about him before :lol: That Michael fella seemed pleasant enough and I've sent the card back today so I guess we'll see what happens.