Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Finally decided to pick up the Assassin's Creed games (well, not Revelations yet - not quite low enough to warrant it). Under £12 for the first three seemed fine. God knows when I'll get around to installing them, let alone play them, but I've got 'em :)

The joys of Steam I guess!

Superb game, doesn't look too shabby in high res either.

If you've got a widescreen monitor/TV, use this:

http://www.wsgf.org/...n-uniws-patcher

Thanks for that, it looks pretty good on normal settings (for a ps2 era game) I did however have to get pinnacle game profiler for control mapping, a program I recommend to anyone trying to get an old game working on an xbox 360 controller on pc.

Finally decided to pick up the Assassin's Creed games (well, not Revelations yet - not quite low enough to warrant it). Under £12 for the first three seemed fine. God knows when I'll get around to installing them, let alone play them, but I've got 'em :)

The joys of Steam I guess!

I'd honestly recommend skipping the first one, but you may as well try it out to see what you think of it. Just know that AC2 is much better in every single way.

Finally bought Brotherhood as I had it on console but barely played it before getting rid of it. How well does it run on PC ? I haven't read many complaints about it so I'm assuming it's fine.

As for Assassins Creed 1 I still think it's a game worth playing or at least trying to see if you like even if it does become repetitive. Just chuck it on easy and zip through it. I also quite liked Altair as a character as well.

Thanks for that, it looks pretty good on normal settings (for a ps2 era game)

Ironically, set to 1080p it looks miles better than the shoddy HD remake that they recently released.

Finally bought Brotherhood as I had it on console but barely played it before getting rid of it. How well does it run on PC ? I haven't read many complaints about it so I'm assuming it's fine.

It's as standard a console port as they come, but because the AC games barely hold their shit together on the consoles, the standard advantages of increased resolution, detail, framerate, draw distance and some token AA make a bigger difference for AC2 and Brotherhood than it usually does for console ports. Because of their ambitious and beautiful settings, the vastly increased quality of your surroundings make the PC versions look almost like next-gen HD remakes (good ones, of course)

Oh and another vote for barrelling through AC1 on easy. The setting and atmosphere are great, and it does a nice job of setting up the story for the good AC games (AC2 and Brotherhood), but the gameplay is repetitive as fuck. Don't bother with any collectibles either, just get it over with.

Picked up the AC: Revelations Gold pack this morning, I know it's not that well thought of, but I get a borderline obsessive enjoyment from the AC games so I can't wait to get stuck into this.

Only the second game I've ever bought DLC for, the other being Just Cause 2.

And another vote for the AC games on PC; they look astonishing and have built in controller support. Oddly though, I've found that the first game runs worse than the more recent iterations.

Looks amazon.com have a May sale up.

Extra to that they have on this link: http://www.amazon.co...0K7MSK1WA9BDXNT <- Follow this link not the ones below

1. Just Cause 2 [Download]

2. Kane and Lynch 2 [Download]

3. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light [Download]

4. Supreme Commander 2 [Download]

5. Tomb Raider: Underworld [Download]

All five of those games above, all of which register on Steam except TR:Underworld for the stupid price of $7.49 or about £5. You need the US address trick discussed previously in the thread and not sure how long this will last (probably be over by Monday) but a quid each for the above? Get in.

Just grab any US address and use it, seriously. Mine is a UK account with a US address as one of my options so when I go to pay just change your address to the US one. Works everytime :)

Just done this but feel a bit edgy about it. Never had any negative followup? I thought they would've sent a receipt or something to the fake address.

And another vote for the AC games on PC; they look astonishing and have built in controller support.

Did they ever patch AC 1 and 2 to work properly with wireless 360 pads?

(I know they 'work' with any pads, but previously the button prompts only ever came up properly if you used the wired version.)

Anno owns, but all the DLCs are overpriced. The nice thing is if you jumped on the game early the missions were free and you had six weeks each to unlock everything in the DLC.

Nordemark is currently free for example, the "world event" ends like a week into June. The DLC just unlocks everything if you can't be bothered to complete it.

So I have a copy of Torchlight on Steam up for grabs after preordering TL2 (the beta sold me on it) - anyone that wants it (is there anyone left who doesn't own it) just drop me a PM with your steam name and I'll gift you it.

I could also pimp my marathon attempt and ask the lucky recipient to pop a couple of quid into www.justgiving.com/stuartr but it's purely down to yourself.

I may also have a few other bits and bobs from indie packages kicking about but will need to check.

OK So I have a copy of Windosill and also Beat Hazard and the ULTRA DLC.

TL and Windosill gone

Anyone wants Beat Hazard + ULTRA DLC just PM me.

All gone - cheers for the donation to the charity fund as well OogyBoogy

Daily Deal: Puzzler World 2 £1.99

Midweek Deal: Dead Island £7.99

Midweek Deal: Thief collection £9.49, Thief Gold, Thief II, Thief Deadly Shadows. Gold doesn't seem to be up yet but does say it's included.

Greenman have Fear 3 £2.99 steamworks, also a THQ pack containing, Metro 2033, Dawn of war II, Company of Heroes, Saints Row 2 and Red Faction: Guerilla £19.94, comes as a single Steam code. I think it's DoW II Retribution as those are the images they've used.

Strangely I thought Dead Island would be a deal today, maybe a sign that I should finally get back and complete it.