Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Is there a reason the Witcher runs like shit?

It just seems to get poor performance compared to far more graphically intensive games, and during the cutscenes the framerate basically craps itself despite all of the cutscenes being in-engine?

If memory serves the issue is that it doesn't make use of multiple cores, so you need to be running a high clock speed so that a single core will be able to cope. Naturally more modern games are built with multiple cores in mind.

As for the cutscenes, try turning off the DoF effect and see if that helps.

If memory serves the issue is that it doesn't make use of multiple cores, so you need to be running a high clock speed so that a single core will be able to cope.

Nah, it will run like crap on anything less than a decent dual-core, its the whole reason why upgraded to a decent PC in the first place way back when. Maybe it doesn't have proper quad-core support, I dunno, but I doubt it since I haven't had any problems running it on my current quad-core - and I've played the shit out of it, believe you me!

If you haven't already, you might want to follow this guide for getting it to play in whatever resolution your screen is; works a treat!

http://simcity.wikia...wiki/Resolution

I need some helps chaps. I bought Sim City 4 and I'm having trouble accessing the menu to change the resolution. I need to go into the Launch Set up option on steam but it says I have to be an advanced user to do this. I googled how to do this but the description given doesn't match the menus i'm seeing. Possibly because its for an older os? I'm running windows 7 and I want to change the resolution to 1920 x 1080.

Help me rllmuk

I need some helps chaps. I bought Sim City 4 and I'm having trouble accessing the menu to change the resolution. I need to go into the Launch Set up option on steam but it says I have to be an advanced user to do this. I googled how to do this but the description given doesn't match the menus i'm seeing. Possibly because its for an older os? I'm running windows 7 and I want to change the resolution to 1920 x 1080.

Help me rllmuk

I have no idea about Sim Ciity 4, but you can add command line options to any game on Steam by right-clicking on the title in your game Library, choosing properties and then 'set launch options' in the 'general' tab. Of course it says that it's for advanced users only, but that's just a warning. Just put whatever you want in there and remove it if it doesn't work. Judging from your link you should put -CustomResolution:enabled -r1920x1080x32 <-- just copy-paste that

example:

examplevs.jpg

My brother's game, Lone Survivor (survival horror) is in the Steam sale..

Not sure why I've only just thought of pimping it here on rollmop : ) But I'm sure some of you have played it anyway.

Oh man! I had no idea that game had a Rllmuk connection. I've been interested to try it out since I first read about it. I am kinda hoping it'll pop up as a flash deal because I've already spent too much money in the sale, but it's on my list of "games I might buy on the final day if they don't get an extra discount before then" (like Botanicula today). From what I've seen, I love the visual style - the first time one of the monsters appeared in the first video I watched was fantastically unnerving.

I don't know if I really need Alan Wake. I'm playing through Dead Space and that's frightening enough.

Still annoyed that Max Payne 3 is such a huge download.

What I loved most about Alan Wake was the story and the world he inhabited. It's not too scary at all.

I picked up American Nightmare and am really looking forward to getting stuck in.

Edit: And on a totally unrelated note, and only because it was the first place I thought of to find more info about this game... isn't Rock, Paper, Shotgun THE best games journalism site out there right now? :wub:

It's pretty much the highpoint of gamey-writing at any point in history. It's just so...Normal. Considering it's a PC site, that's a completely unique selling point.

Cheers for the LS love fellas!

Yes, all the music is made by my bro (including that trailer). He was a sucessful drum and bass artist before he started making games full time.

Here's the soundtrack (which I love dearly): http://spacerecordings.bandcamp.com/album/lone-survivor-original-soundtrack

And here's his drum and bass discography for those interested: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Sonic

Yeah, RPS is great. I don't like the community on the site though, the forum and the comments and stuff.

It was really nice when the site was just starting, but yeah, since then it's gotten a bit... weird.

Risen is the best 'hardcore' RPG on there but Divinity II DKS is also really good. In a way, DKS is a lot more ambitious despite being more approachable, but the purists will definitely prefer Risen. Two Worlds 2 is by far the weakest RPG out of the three. I will vote either for Risen or DKS depending on what the people in this fine thread want :)

Cheers for the LS love fellas!

Yes, all the music is made by my bro (including that trailer). He was a sucessful drum and bass artist before he started making games full time.

Here's the soundtrack (which I love dearly): http://spacerecordin...inal-soundtrack

And here's his drum and bass discography for those interested: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Sonic

Grabbed it as part of the Indie Bundle t'other day but (as is the case with Steam sales) haven't actually got around to playing it yet. It was on my wishlist before the sale though and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it at some point.

Can everybody vote for Risen please? I've heard bad things about the 360 version I've got sat on my shelf so might replace it if the PC one goes supercheap. Despite not being my type of game I almost picked up Crusader Kings when the flash deal showed it as 110% off but 'twas not to be.

So tempted by CKII. Again. Even more so since I read of the Game Of Thrones mod for it. But when I tried the demo, after the tutorial ended I was utterly clueless about what to try and do next. But I'll never have time to play it so it'll be on the shame pile for sure. Augh!