Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Just lost my first game of Endless Space because I could never move any of my ships. Thought I was missing some key technology and frustratedly looked online afterwards only to find it's a bug you can remedy by pressing Shift a couple of times :facepalm:

Game is great, by the way!

Picked up the GTA bundle a few days ago, how do I get the ( what I assume to be ) Mac versions to disappear from my games list as I have duplicates of a few of the titles?

I looked into this and apparently you can't. It seems like it's been that way for years and no-one's sorted it. Not a big deal but it does slightly aggravate my anal side (arf).

Well, reading a review of that makes it sound more or less like the entire opposite of what I thought it was. Bit tempted.

The DLC looks like a complete waste of money, yes?

The Sword of Islam DLC is great since it lets you play as Muslims (there is planned DLC to let you play as literally everyone but the Pope eventually, but for now only Christians and Muslims - who aren't Republics - are available). The Mongol Faces DLC is good just from an immersion standpoint so that Mongols actually look like Mongols, plus it's needed for certain mods. The rest is pretty much just flavour, aside from the Ruler Designer which is kind of cool but unnecessary especially for a new player.

What the hell is Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet?

Edit - actually, don't worry, looked at the screenshots and immediately BOUGHT

Fucking Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet on flash sale! Acquiring that as we type.

I'm afraid it's a bit disappointing. Not terrible by any means, but when it came out on XBLA in the last Summer of Arcade a good few of us were disappointed by it. Worth that price, though, for sure; just don't assume it can quite live up to its art style.

I'm afraid it's a bit disappointing. Not terrible by any means, but when it came out on XBLA in the last Summer of Arcade a good few of us were disappointed by it. Worth that price, though, for sure; just don't assume it can quite live up to its art style.

Saying people who were hyped with it were disappointed with it is a weird thing to tell someone with literally no expectations going into it though.

This is my first Steam sale since I ditched my gaming rig and bought a Mac. I thought I'd be able to get through it without damaging my wallet, thinking nothing decent is ever available on Mac, right? Well, I got that wrong....

Have already picked up Limbo, Dear Esther and Bastion: going to pick up Civ IV as well. I hate turn-based strategy with a passion; go figure!

I see Counter-Strike Source is £6.99 at the moment, I was thinking of going for it but I was wondering what the chances of it being cheaper in the next couple of days? According to steamprices.com it has been cheaper in the past, but it hasn't (to my knowledge) been cheaper than it currently is in this sale.

I see Counter-Strike Source is £6.99 at the moment, I was thinking of going for it but I was wondering what the chances of it being cheaper in the next couple of days? According to steamprices.com it has been cheaper in the past, but it hasn't (to my knowledge) been cheaper than it currently is in this sale.

It's usually one of the games that gets heavily-discounted in sales, it being a Valve game and all, but haven't seen it yet. Chances are high.

We should have a big OP post with loads of useful links like one going to the ATF's 'PC building' thread, that website that lets you test games against your spec etc....no?

Anyway, what is that website again?

I want to play Alan Wake.

Thanks, will do.

You can also set the library to only show the games you have installed.

Have to admit I'm always slightly puzzled when I see questions about the library, which is often, surely everyone makes categories? There again I am someone who thinks the categories are one of the best features of Steam, I love creating categories for things. I think last time Steam ate them all it took me about 40min to recreate them all, surely this is normal... :unsure:

I need some helps chaps. I bought Sim City 4 and I'm having trouble accessing the menu to change the resolution. I need to go into the Launch Set up option on steam but it says I have to be an advanced user to do this. I googled how to do this but the description given doesn't match the menus i'm seeing. Possibly because its for an older os? I'm running windows 7 and I want to change the resolution to 1920 x 1080.

Help me rllmuk

What's the deal with this whole resolution issue? Surely the game has resolution options built in?

I've just bought Sim City 4 myself.

Did we come up with an answer for whether Driver is better on PC or 360?

The Sword of Islam DLC is great since it lets you play as Muslims (there is planned DLC to let you play as literally everyone but the Pope eventually, but for now only Christians and Muslims - who aren't Republics - are available). The Mongol Faces DLC is good just from an immersion standpoint so that Mongols actually look like Mongols, plus it's needed for certain mods. The rest is pretty much just flavour, aside from the Ruler Designer which is kind of cool but unnecessary especially for a new player.

Sorry, I meant "the DLC in the pack", which doesn't include the Sword of Islam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/203770/

Which all looks like tat. I'll probably not bother with mods, so I'll let the Mongols look less Mongol-y.

Did we come up with an answer for whether Driver is better on PC or 360?

Higher resolution and frame rate on PC?

Now that the 360 controller is almost universally supported on PC, it's pretty rare for something to be better on a console with 7 year old tech than a reasonably modern gaming PC - particularly if you've taken over the living room with your gaming pc like I might have done.

Higher resolution and frame rate on PC?

Now that the 360 controller is almost universally supported on PC, it's pretty rare for something to be better on a console with 7 year old tech than a reasonably modern gaming PC - particularly if you've taken over the living room with your gaming pc like I might have done.

Clippa, I think, said it was a shit port. Someone said that NFS was a shitter port...Or something. Few pages back.

Noticing a lot of you guys think you've got some ppeeeeeretty cool games in the Steam Summer Sale.

While you guys battle drug lords, aliens and nazis, I'm servicing the good people of England with reliable train services.

fnrLC.jpg

Disclaimer: 2hrs in and I still do not understand signals, points or brakes. This game is fucking hard. :(