Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

My PC can't really deal with Bulletstorm yet...(from my experience with the demo) but fuck it.

Consider it bought. My first drunken purchase of the sale.

btw way guys feel free to friend me on Steam (tssk in the rllmuk group.)

I'm not sure that this is going to get any further discount but on the last day of the sale I recommend this Luxor Evolved. It's 50% off at the moment and it's my favourite 'neo retro' game of this year.

Read up on it here http://www.rllmukfor...me-of-the-year/

It's a cross between Space Invaders and Zuma with the vector look of Geometry Wars. And I love it to bits.

http://youtu.be/0CXSCwuXO0U

(Trust me, it's nowhere near as pedestrian as the other Luxor games.)

Was hoping for Luxor to get uber cheap. Will get it on the last day if it doesn't

PS: Any opinions of Puzzle Dimension and Sideways? PD reminds me of Kula World and I am very tempted

Borderlands is giving me Bulletstorm style vibes. Are they a little similar? I know Borderlands has RPG elements.

It's not got the same linear structure as Bulletstorm, there's quest hubs etc.

I wouldn't say they're similar at all really, but they're both awesome.

Bloodlines in a flash sale? Holy shit, miracles do happen! If you've ever had even the slightest interest in RPG's then Bloodlines is unmissable. With the patch tssk links to in his post (it's just double-clicking on an exe, don't worry about it - all automatic like) it's one of the best games you'll ever play on any platform.

Oh for fuck's sake. I've got to stop reading and/or asking for people's comments.

Was hoping for Luxor to get uber cheap. Will get it on the last day if it doesn't

PS: Any opinions of Puzzle Dimension and Sideways? PD reminds me of Kula World and I am very tempted

There is a link as one of the designers of Kula World started up the group that made Puzzle Dimension. Both the games you mentioned have demos on Steam so you can try them for yourself!

Yeah, luxor evolved is great, the games last ages though, that's the only thing that puts me off playing it. I wish there was a really quick hard survival mode or something. Maybe there is and I haven't seen it :D

Yeah, luxor evolved is great, the games last ages though, that's the only thing that puts me off playing it. I wish there was a really quick hard survival mode or something. Maybe there is and I haven't seen it :D

If you quit out it saves which level you're on so you can go back later. And that's how I played. Play a level and then go do something else and come back later to continue.

My friendslist was very short indeed, so i've sent a few invites to some of the regular posters in this thread. My steam ID is p_chain. Feel free to add me up if I haven't already.

p.s.: I could use some votes for Kings Bounty right now, screenshots looked lush, but I was sold once I saw one with hextiles.

Is Rayman Origins a good un'? I fancy a decent platformer.

Loved what I played of the Wii version and this version is basically a high def version of that. Again there's a demo on Steam. For me it grabbed me more than New Super Mario Bros, it's like a 70's cartoon come to life.

Pixeljunk Eden for 1.50? Gwan then. Didn't even realise it was available on PC.

The mouse controls twisted my noodle a bit until I looked in the options menu and saw you could play with a joypad. Too used to the PS3 version. Looks as spectaclar on a monitor as it does on a TV too.

Vote for Kings Bounty please

Oh, go on then.

My friendslist was very short indeed, so i've sent a few invites to some of the regular posters in this thread. My steam ID is p_chain. Feel free to add me up if I haven't already.

p.s.: I could use some votes for Kings Bounty right now, screenshots looked lush, but I was sold once I saw one with hextiles.

Added (my friend list is also pitifully small - I'm Ulianov99). Also voted.

The mouse controls twisted my noodle a bit until I looked in the options menu and saw you could play with a joypad. Too used to the PS3 version. Looks as spectaclar on a monitor as it does on a TV too.

They've added joypad controls now?

At last! I might have another crack at it.

I don't have any Steam friends (how sad!), so do add me! I'm lainemithra.

You're not showing up in a search...

Weird, earlymodernsteve found me! I wonder if I've accidentally changed a setting... I just joined the rllmuk group, could you find me from that?

Edit - Oh, hang on, my profile name is my real name, I just found myself searching for that. I assumed my account name would be what people would search for. I don't know how this works. Seems odd you can't use lainemithra to find me, I just changed my profile name to lainemithra and I can't find myself! :(

But I found you through lainemithra... Obviously I must be wearing my Boots of Stalking +1 today.

I'll solve this mystery for you all :D

Laine, people can find you through the 'search players and groups' searchbar in the top-right corner of the Community tab in the Steam client by using your original Steam name, i.e. the name you log in with. You can change your screen name as often as you'd like and that is the name people will see on their friends list, when chatting, or receiving invites etc. But to find you through the Community search they need your original Steam name.

HOWEVER.

If you go to the Rllmuk Steam group and to its member list you can search for any members in the Rllmuk group using their current Steam screen name. So earlymodernsteve probably found you by searching the Rllmuk Steam group for 'lainemithra' - either that or he really is an exceptional stalker!

They've added joypad controls now?

At last! I might have another crack at it.

Yeah, looking at the Steam 'News' history for it it looks as though it got patched in by "Popular Demand", which made me feel a bit better because I thought I'd just missed it originally. It's called 'Legacy' mode or something.

Daily Deals

Arma II: Combined Ops £14.99

Fable III £8.99

Dawn of War II complete £7.49 (DoW II, CR and Retribution)

Batman Arkham City £6.79 AA £3.39, Gotham City Imposters £4.07 (no keys)

Prince of Persia complete £10.74

Torchlight £3.24

Quantum Conundrum £5.99

Evechron Mercenary £4.99

Indie Bundle X £6.99 Machinarium, Eufloria, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Runner, All Zombies Must Die

Flash Deals

Serious Sam 3 £7.49

Super Meat Boy £5.99