Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

I just clicked on the add friend button at the bottom of the friends tab and typed in lainemithra... Whilst sacrificing a chicken and circling anticlockwise around a goat.

Have any games in the Community Votes actually not turned up in Daily Deals or Flash deals yet? King's Bounty is yet to do so but aside from that, they all have haven't they? Meaning it'll probably be on tomorrow even if it loses the vote. Having said that I voted for it anyway and downloaded the demo - purely for diagnostic purposes of course.

I just clicked on the add friend button at the bottom of the friends tab and typed in lainemithra... Whilst sacrificing a chicken and circling anticlockwise around a goat.

Yeah I guess if you know the name already you can add it without searching. I'm just used to finding people by searching, so I went that route. However, once you are friends with someone it seems you can find them by searching the community for their screen name.

I've always found the Steam / Screen name thing a bit confusing :huh:

Is this the last day of the sales, or will there be new offers at 6pm tomorrow?

Normally, the last day is a 'best of' the sale, but as there's been a fair few repeat offers already, I'm not sure what'll happen.

The headline says "New Deals Daily through to July 22nd" - so I assumed there's more tomorrow.

All the non-daily/flash sales end on the 23rd as well..

I'm hoping Binary Domain will put in a repeat showing, as it's only special appearance has been a single flash deal. Having no money at the moment has been a tad trying - I've managed to acquire Alan Wake & AssBro, but even those two (combined value £12) was more than I should have spent this month. I'm weighing up Civ V against lunches till Thursday...

King's Bounty potential flash deal, is that only going to be Armoured Princess? Bit shit if it's just that, hopefully it's actually going to be the Platinum Edition bundle...

Also, Vampire Bloodlines; is there any point installing the "basic" version of the unofficial patch? People seem to say "playthrough with the basic patch then playthrough again with the plus patch to really appreciate what they've done", which is nice and all, but two playthroughs? Not sure I see the point of denying yourself for any playthrough if the plus patch is so much better?

@clippa :)

I play pc games on a 24 inch monitor in 3d while lying on a beanbag, or on the same 42 inch telly I play console games on. With the exception of some fps games, I therefore tend to avoid fov issues,

£15 for Arma2? That's more than what I spent on 5 top quality, AAA titles. I can't justify that on my budget.

Looks like I'll be giving DayZ a miss. At least until the many clones of it come out within the next year, one of which will probably do it better. *fingers crossed*

£15 for Arma2? That's more than what I spent on 5 top quality, AAA titles. I can't justify that on my budget.

Looks like I'll be giving DayZ a miss. At least until the many clones of it come out within the next year, one of which will probably do it better. *fingers crossed*

Are... are you me?

If you are, you're going to follow through on that plan even though you know that none of the clones will be anywhere near as good.

Can somebody explain the whole deal with Steam's 'first time setup' thingy?

So i'm downloading demos and i'm getting this each time I start a game. But why do I need to install Dirext X for Windows et all every time? Surely once it's installed, it's installed?

Combined Ops does have a LOT of gaming in it. But, that said, I think it's now got to be an almost dead cert (HO HO HO) that DayZ will get polished into a standalone release, they'd be mental if it doesn't even if it does seem to be a bit messy at the moment.

It's amazing, but if you don't have any interest in (actual) Arma, I wouldn't bother.