Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Is Gotham City Imposters any good? I might give it a go at £4

It's brilliant fun and probably one of my favourite multiplayer games this year (even if I don't play multiplayer games as much as I used to). It's silly, wacky and crazy fun which you don't take seriously at all and it's all the better for it.

Only thing is that there's no dedicated servers and it uses P2P/GFWL only. Last time I tried it I was only able to get Team Deathmatch matches going but this was a few weeks ago and I'm hoping the sales have bumped up the numbers a bit for the other modes (and it could have been time of day as well). It's well worth a punt I reckon if you can put up with the GFWL shite :) Funnily enough the 360 version on XBLA is going really strongly still even now, even 5 months after release. Very easy to get a match in any mode even really late at night. I guess people must have really taken to it which is cool to see, especially as XBLA multiplayer games never seem to last.

Can somebody explain the whole deal with Steam's 'first time setup' thingy?

So i'm downloading demos and i'm getting this each time I start a game. But why do I need to install Dirext X for Windows et all every time? Surely once it's installed, it's installed?

The other problem is Steam doesn't delete all these files even though they're not needed and they all add up. Someone created a program you can find here to delete them, I got about 13gb when I ran it.

There is no need for them but if a game is patched it will install them the next time you run it, but you can just run it again.

The other problem is Steam doesn't delete all these files even though they're not needed and they all add up. Someone created a program you can find here to delete them, I got about 13gb when I ran it.

There is no need for them but if a game is patched it will install them the next time you run it, but you can just run it again.

Wow, thanks for that. Just got 2 gigs back :)

Is evochron any good? I see jpr playing it and i was hoping for some kind of space game to go on sale

Playing it after Untogether kindly gifted it to me, thanks.

It's my first space sim in a while so can't really say how it compares to others, I did get X3 cheaply at Christmas but I ended up giving up quickly, wasn't in the mood to try and get to grips with all the menus.

I've been enjoying it so far, it does just throw you in, but there are some useful tutorials. Wasn't too hard to get a basic grasp of it, menus aren't overly complex, I've delivered some cargo and found out hitting a planets atmosphere at 5,000 mph isn't a very good idea. Just about to try some mining, which I've had some problems with as I'd bought the tractor beam, died before saving then reloaded and no tractor beam for sale, thankfully a reload sorted it. I've been enjoying it, also the music is great, quite relaxing just to ferry some goods about.

You can tell it's an indie game, decent looking game so far but rough around the edges. Actual space and planets are pretty good looking, it's things like ships and stations which aren't quite so good, main grumble would be the cockpit could be a bit sharper.

I've certainly found it easier than X3 to get into, might be a good place to get into space sims.

I shouldn't really ask this but any opinions on Divinity 2? It's kinda sitting there all shiny and on offer with the promises of dragons....

I got it in the winter sale for the same price and really enjoyed it. It did feel a little single-player WoW at times, but in a good way. Looks nice, runs well, lots of dragons and questing.

Ran

I shouldn't really ask this but any opinions on Divinity 2? It's kinda sitting there all shiny and on offer with the promises of dragons....

Ran fine on my setup. OKish action RPG that I got about 20hrs out of before I got bored.

I found a massive difficulty spike when I got the dragon powers, and my interest was waning at this point anyway, so I gave up.

Up until then I found it a decent time filler. Probably worth £8, but I think there are better options to scratch an RPG itch.

post-165-0-67740500-1342904704_thumb.jpg

That's a fair ol' saving.

I'd say stay away, ran like crap for me, really jerky camera panning, feels like 30fps all the time no matter what you do. Lots of negative acceleration. I couldn't get over how badly it ran and controlled, it was dirt cheap and I had plenty of other games that weren't a headache to play. It was a none starter for me.

edit: if you're playing with a pad then go for it. Didn't think of that.

edit: quick google, no pad support.

?laying with a mouse? I've been playing with joystick and throttle with no problems, very easy to set up as well.

Playing it after Untogether kindly gifted it to me, thanks.

It's my first space sim in a while so can't really say how it compares to others, I did get X3 cheaply at Christmas but I ended up giving up quickly, wasn't in the mood to try and get to grips with all the menus.

I've been enjoying it so far, it does just throw you in, but there are some useful tutorials. Wasn't too hard to get a basic grasp of it, menus aren't overly complex, I've delivered some cargo and found out hitting a planets atmosphere at 5,000 mph isn't a very good idea. Just about to try some mining, which I've had some problems with as I'd bought the tractor beam, died before saving then reloaded and no tractor beam for sale, thankfully a reload sorted it. I've been enjoying it, also the music is great, quite relaxing just to ferry some goods about.

You can tell it's an indie game, decent looking game so far but rough around the edges. Actual space and planets are pretty good looking, it's things like ships and stations which aren't quite so good, main grumble would be the cockpit could be a bit sharper.

I've certainly found it easier than X3 to get into, might be a good place to get into space sims.

Thanks man, might make it my final sale purcase so :)

New Flash Sale is C&C - but interesting doesn't seem to be in interger hours. It's 6 hours 20min - so maybe a sign of quicker flash deals to come!

Looks messed up, or just a poor deal. The bundle is 3p more than buying them all individually.

Are you talking about Divinity 2? Because I think clippa is :P

So easy to lose track, I'm now tempted to fire it up just to see if I can.

On that topic though I had no problems running Divinity II and it looked great when doing it, plus controls seemed fine. I really enjoyed Divinity II would certainly reccomend it.

Cheers for the thoughts about Divinity! I'll probably steer clear for just now since there's a couple of mixed thoughts on it. I've more than enough to occupy me for now and by the time I make a marginal headway on anything, the next sale will be here anyway. :)

Heh, I only turned the PC on to copy some stuff to a USB stick. Steam popped up with some messages and a few minutes later I've bought Torchlight.

Balls, I've got a spare copy I was about to offer up. So, anyone want Torchlight? I've also got Defense Grid (maybe with some DLC, if I've not used it) and also two copies of The Ship on offer.

Balls, I've got a spare copy I was about to offer up. So, anyone want Torchlight? I've also got Defense Grid (maybe with some DLC, if I've not used it) and also two copies of The Ship on offer.

Does anyone still play The Ship? I've always been interested in it since I played Bloody Good Time, which is dead now btw, though most people who played it said it was a rubbish version of The Ship. I'd love a copy if there is anyone out there still playing it :)

I've no idea, I've never played it since about an hour after I bought it during which time it seemed like fun. Anyway, for much of this (except the Defense Grid one, for which I have a key) they need to be gifted via email or steam friend list. I'm attempting the latter!

No worries, was only 3 bucks!