Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Ok, the final list. Nothing else will tempt me today, I don't think.

Just over a hundred 'items'. £159 quid. Sheesh. Still, 1.60 per item ain't too bad is it?

<crawls back into cardboard box>

How much was Half Life 3? ;-)

The emulation is pretty well done too. Well worth the dollars.

Since I've already bought them, that's a nice bonus.

EDIT: Oh, and in actual gaming news I played Titan Attacks yesterday for ages. It's literally just Space Galaxian Invaders++ but somehow it's utterly compulsive. And it works really nicely with a trackpad as long as you use ctrl to shoot. Also played 1000 Amps, which is quite excellent but since it runs with Flash it more or less melted my Macbook. But I highly recommend it, very fun little distraction platformer.

I assume the PC version all works nicely, smoother etc?

You're very much on the road to convincing me here...

As far as I am aware yes. I have the 360 version (as I am new/back to PC gaming) but looking at the PC version screenshots, everything looks much nicer.

For the record, should you find yourself struggling with hitting baskets, or always being destroyed, the sliders included are amazing and can be tweaked to your own best setting. Hell, the game can be completely arcade, to full on realistic sim, just by tweaking sliders.

Just did a quick add up of my purchases, and I spent around 150 Euros. :facepalm: I'm supposed to be saving money! And I'm pretty sure my only two purchases over a tenner were The Walking Dead and Arkham City + all DLC. It's all "oh 2.50 here won't hurt me", and "what's a fiver in the grand scheme of things?"

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabe!

I'll post up the list later for everyone to laugh at.

There is a sticky in the steam forum for the game that resolves a lot of issues (or at least tries to). Take a look there if you have not already done so.

Ps. I had that same message and restarting steam sorted it for me.

As far as I am aware yes. I have the 360 version (as I am new/back to PC gaming) but looking at the PC version screenshots, everything looks much nicer.

For the record, should you find yourself struggling with hitting baskets, or always being destroyed, the sliders included are amazing and can be tweaked to your own best setting. Hell, the game can be completely arcade, to full on realistic sim, just by tweaking sliders.

I really got into NBA2k6 after being sent it to review. I thought it was GameStyle, but it must have been somewhere else (or it's gone missing). So I've got form.

Dunno whether to go 360 or PC though, there's not a massive saving either way. HMMM.

I can not get Vampire: The Masquerade to work. I've downloaded the fan patch and installed it and when I try to launch the game it comes up with an error message saying it can't find Steam.

I've had that with a lot of games during the Steam sale. Sometimes the software seems to hiccup during high traffic. Giving it a try a couple of minutes later does the trick.

I really got into NBA2k6 after being sent it to review. I thought it was GameStyle, but it must have been somewhere else (or it's gone missing). So I've got form.

Dunno whether to go 360 or PC though, there's not a massive saving either way. HMMM.

To be fair I doubt it really matters too much. I'd say flip a coin on that one.

You bought Waves yet? It's really quite good.

EDIT: Aimed at everyone above me in the thread. But mostly Billy.

Fuck. That's another bought. I THOUGHT I WAS DONE.

How much was Half Life 3? ;-)

Ha! You win the prize (my heart).

Any last shout outs for the last hour?

I definately recommend Fallout:New Vegas and it's DLC, I've clocked up 82 hours on it so far and a good 40 hours of that has been on the DLC alone.

Luxor Evolved is my second favourite indie title of this year. If you've played a previous Luxor game before then don't discount this as this is the first good one IMHO.

Last but not least if you pick up Bastion pick up the soundtrack edition, you'll kick yourself if you don't. I sunk 33 hours into it, had to uninstall it to stop myself from going crazy trying to beat my score on time attack.

Did we establish if Jagged Alliance is worth bothering with or not (if you liked the first games)?.

Also now we've hit the last day of the sale the Sega pack is tempting me again!! Must...resist!!!

EDIT: Sod it.. in a moment of sanity I realised that I'd never play half of the Sega stuff so went for Luxor Evolved and Titan Attacks instead (mainly based on the last few pages worth of praise). Besides another fiver is much easier to justify :)

If you want Shogun + DLC and Binary Domain, the rest of the stuff in the Sega pack is great for a fiver. I easily justified that to myself and I already own Sonic Generations (which is quite good).

To be fair I doubt it really matters too much. I'd say flip a coin on that one.

I'm going to toss the coin into next month when I might have some money. It's on the buy list though.

Titan Attacks. Bollocks. Thats REALLY the last one.

Your list doesn't include The Walking Dead, I hope that means you already have it because if not... ;)

I'm now searching to see if there's anything I should buy got Shank 2 earlier but I got no RPGs this time. I have ones to finish but yeah, sale. Also Splinter Cell keeps tempting me, I've been meaning to replay it on the 360 for a while, but cheap and better looking.