Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

I think the lack of response about Jagged Alliance says it all really.

I wouldn't say that, everyones too busy buying shit to be actually playing it! :D

I did download it but never got round to playing it......as I was buying more shit! :facepalm:

You bought Waves yet? It's really quite good.

EDIT: Aimed at everyone above me in the thread. But mostly Billy.

As much as I love a twin stick shooter, it's not grabbing me. Even with sound FX up (they're mysteriously low to start with) there's not enough oomph to the exploding, the slight momentum on the ship/ball thing is a pain and I'm not really taken by the scoring mechanic, it's way too easy to lose a massive combo and seems to be too much down to chance that you can get there in the first place.

I think the lack of response about Jagged Alliance says it all really.

Yeah thought as much.

Well Ive just about resisted any further final impulse purchases, the Mrs must have got wind and arranged for tea to be ready during the dying minutes.. So the Sega pack will have to wait until Xmas.

However upon refreshing the steam store I see that Dungeonbowl is out for £9.99 (next in Blood Bowl series).... Hmmmmmm :unsure:

No, the play and charge doesn't work as a USB interface to the PC unfortunately. You'll need a wired pad or a wireless adapter (mentioned above).

Oh sorry missunderstood what "Wired" meant.

Is there an easy way to see if a game is 360 pad supported (bsides just plugging the pad in :P)

Oh God, the bargains, they are too much! Greenmangaming have The Last Remnant for €3.74 (or £2.49), activates on Steam.

Link!

And even better, use the coupon code COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1 to knock 20% off the price, bringing it down to 3 of our Euroland discs, and 2 of your Queenie bucks. Two quid!

They've got lego batman 2 for £12 using that voucher too. Considering that it's been the number one console game for five weeks in a row at £39.99, that's pretty funny. Someone should go post that on hotukdeals :)

Warning: Jade Empire is a btich to get running on Win7 64. If you are a tinkerer and used to such things, fair enough, but otherwise be warned.

For just over a couple of quid, I've taken the risk. I've read that you have to add your steam path to the game somehow (details in the ever so useful steam boards).

Last but not least if you pick up Bastion pick up the soundtrack edition, you'll kick yourself if you don't. I sunk 33 hours into it, had to uninstall it to stop myself from going crazy trying to beat my score on time attack.

I picked up the soundtrack (because it's lovely), but I can't yet see where to download it. It doesn't seem to show up as a "game" or as DLC, so I'll need to have a dig around and/or web search to work it out.

I picked up the soundtrack (because it's lovely), but I can't yet see where to download it. It doesn't seem to show up as a "game" or as DLC, so I'll need to have a dig around and/or web search to work it out.

If I remember right it should be in a folder with the game. Make a copy and stick it somewhere else on your drive otherwise you won't have it whenever the game is uninstalled.

Edit: from the Steam forums It should be somewhere like:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\bastion

Edited by tssk

I read you just need to run it as admin and set compatibility to XP service pack 2? Download aint finished yet, so can't check.

[edit] In reply to Jade Empire issues obv.

You also need to download and install DirectX 9 as the game needs it. Some people were saying you must do this before installing the game as for some reason it doesn't work if you try after, but I dunno how accurate that is. Weird.

My final Steam sale haul...

Binding of Isaac DLC

Tomb Raider Legend

Tomb Raider Anniversary

Tomb Raider Underworld

Lara Croft - Guardian of Light (plus DLC)

Trine Franchise (for a friend)

Orcs Must Die (GotY Edition)

Sam & Max Collection

KOTOR

From Dust

Ys: Origin

Trine Franchise (yes, again. For another friend)

The Walking Dead

Prince of Persia Collection (all the PoP games for a tenner - its a secret flash sale)

Serious Sam 3 - Four Pack.

Indie Bundle 5

Red Faction Guerrilla

Assassins Creed Franchise

Fallout 3 GOTY

Fallout New Vegas

Hitman: Blood Money

Fear Franchise

Total War: Shogun 2 DLC (Dragon War Battle pack)

Crysis Maximum Edition bundle

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Explosion Pack DLC

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Tactical Pack DLC

Dungeon Defenders 4-Pack

Civ V

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

Bioshock Franchise Pack

FlatOut Ultimate Carnage

Penumbra Collectors Pack

Evochron Mercenary

I initially planned on spending no more than £40. Got carried away, spending £199.67 in total.

I'm a bit disappointed there wasn't some sort of competition this year despite the achievement badge. I'm wondering what happened, I'm guessing it might be because of the cheaters who set up multiple Steam accounts last time to vastly increase their chances of scooping up the free games.

Where's the mod that turns Dragon Age Origins into a good game then ? :P

Five hours it took for it to click with me. Also playing as a magic user has one of the most annoying starts ever but it will equip you with some breat spammy spells to use. Cone of cold being well overpowered.

I bought the Prince of Persia pack as I'd not played 3 of the 5 and thought I'd start with Sands of Time. Fucking hell, it's a fucking munt to play. The camera changes for no reason occasionally and if you change the direction you're running in when playing with the pad he slows down to a crawl. I looked at Xpadder but didn't realise it was a paid for thing. Is it worth me trying Joy2Key or something or is it a fault with the control system in the game? It's got a gamepad option but it won't let me map the walk toggle to any of the pad buttons, it just craps out.

I bought the Prince of Persia pack as I'd not played 3 of the 5 and thought I'd start with Sands of Time. Fucking hell, it's a fucking munt to play. The camera changes for no reason occasionally and if you change the direction you're running in when playing with the pad he slows down to a crawl. I looked at Xpadder but didn't realise it was a paid for thing. Is it worth me trying Joy2Key or something or is it a fault with the control system in the game? It's got a gamepad option but it won't let me map the walk toggle to any of the pad buttons, it just craps out.

Xpadder is free up until a certain version (5.3 iirc) and that is the version that most people use. It does everything you want it to. Sands of Time has joypad support though, I remember assigning all my 360 buttons and sticks in the options screen no problem. Works perfect for me using either a wired or wireless 360 controller. The main menu itself may have no (or flawed joypad) support though, it has been quite a while since I played it, but I have a Sands of Time menu profile in which I have assigned the mouse to the right stick, esc to start and left-mouse click to A. I must have crated that for a reason.

Also, free tip: you can assign a certain profile to automatically load when you launch a certain game. You can also assign mutliple functions to a single button, using such advanced functions as hold, release, and toggle and the like, So don't be afraid to mess around with all them fine Xpadder possibilities!

Edit: I hadn't read your post properly, in any case I don't remember having any of the problems you describe. Since it has analogue support you don't need a walk toggle, that's for keyboard users. I will see if I still have it installed and make sure it works as I remember it. brb