Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Gaben calls Windows 8 'a catastrophe'

Speaking with Ouya adviser - and former VP of game publishing at Microsoft - Ed Fries at Casual Casual Connect, Newell said: "I think Windows 8 is a catastrophe for everyone in the PC space," according to a report by All Things D.

"I think we'll lose some of the top-tier PC/OEMs, who will exit the market," he continued. "I think margins will be destroyed for a bunch of people. If that's true, then it will be good to have alternatives to hedge against that eventuality."

Also: Gabe says Adobe should make Photoshop "free-to-play". I think it's been known for a while that Valve want Steam to offer more than just games, but their idea to turn popular applications into platforms with marketplaces like TF2 is pretty visionary, I'm amazed Adobe haven't done it already.

Also also: wearable computers.

"The weird comment was "I really want to play this on console now"

Why? This is the best version of the game you're playing right now. Buying the game twice and playing at a lower resolution with a lower view distance and with an inconsistent framerate isn't going to make you feel any better about buying the pc version.

I think he means the console version is optimised much better

It must only look like SF4 if you've not really played much :P

kungfustrikegameplay.jpg

Makoto-Ink.jpg

0.jpg

500x_juri_ii.jpg

0.jpg

logo.jpg

128024103899.jpg

street+fighter+4+character+select+screen.jpg

What is this? Looks like something I'd be interested in.

I'm flogging a similar looking Logitech thing in the trading folder. No idea if it's any good as I've never used it, it was a present from work.

I'm flogging a similar looking Logitech thing in the trading folder. No idea if it's any good as I've never used it, it was a present from work.

I'm tempted by this, so I'll have a think. Countered some of the negs in your trading post too, dunno why that post attracted negs in the first place. Mental.

Yeah, I specifically need a media center keyboard like that. I've tried a couple of cheapies from ebuyer in the past and they've been naff, so at the moment I'm running a wired keyboard and mouse whenever I need to reboot the PC or navigate windows. It's really just so that I can do simple tasks and occasionally browse websites, so no gaming required.

Anyway, bit off topic I guess.

Gaben calls Windows 8 'a catastrophe'

Also: Gabe says Adobe should make Photoshop "free-to-play". I think it's been known for a while that Valve want Steam to offer more than just games, but their idea to turn popular applications into platforms with marketplaces like TF2 is pretty visionary, I'm amazed Adobe haven't done it already.

Also also: wearable computers.

O0CVD.png

Paul Thurrott's got bigger things to worry about than what Gabe thinks, the main one being the fact that he's Paul Thurrott

Paul Thurrott's got bigger things to worry about than what Gabe thinks, the main one being the fact that he's Paul Thurrott

Amazing. I get fanboys and understand how people can have a passion for a technology, company or whatever. But Windows? Jesus.

That he's willing to change his views and opinions as time goes on, the situation changes or as he learns new things just goes to show that he's a really smart guy. With the information he has right now, Win 8 looks like a catastrophe to him, which I think is fair enough.

That he's willing to change his views and opinions as time goes on, the situation changes or as he learns new things just goes to show that he's a really smart guy. With the information he has right now, Win 8 looks like a catastrophe to him, which I think is fair enough.

True but what I'm saying is that just because Gabe has an opinion about something doesn't necessarily make it so.

Pre-purchase for Borderlands 2 is now up, if you pre-order now you'll get upgraded to a so-called 'premier club edition' which includes some bog-standard DLC but also the Mechromancer class when she becomes available. Also, if you already own Borderlands 1 you get 10% off this weekend only during the Borderlands 1 free weekend. During this weekend Borderlands is also 76% off, the PC port is lazy but clippa has a fix for that.

Also, Borderlands 2 will be a far less lazy port on PC this time and feature:

• FOV slider
  • 100% mouse usable menus/mouse wheel scrolling
  • Remappable keybindings for keyboard/mouse
  • PC-specific UI
  • Native multiplayer matchmaking
  • Push to talk
  • Logitech keyboard support
  • LAN support (including offline mode)
  • Control pad support
  • Integrated V-sync option
  • Support for higher resolutions
  • Mouse smoothing options (can be disabled completely)
  • Cloud save support
  • Achievement support
  • Friends list support
  • No port forwarding required
  • Steamworks

All of which should make anyone happy but some also say that these features should be fucking standard :)

It has offline LAN though :D

This is true but I still wonder why they don't support this. If the devs behind Serious Sam 3 can do 4 player split screen so can someone with more money like Gearbox. It only makes sense that as more people have their PCs hooked up to their tvs they want to do this with the better power of PC behind it too.

I mean it's supposed to be the platform of options afterall :D

Pre-purchase for Borderlands 2 is now up, if you pre-order now you'll get upgraded to a so-called 'premier club edition' which includes some bog-standard DLC but also the Mechromancer class when she becomes available. Also, if you already own Borderlands 1 you get 10% off this weekend only during the Borderlands 1 free weekend. During this weekend Borderlands is also 76% off, the PC port is lazy but clippa has a fix for that.

Also, Borderlands 2 will be a far less lazy port on PC this time and feature:

• FOV slider
  • 100% mouse usable menus/mouse wheel scrolling
  • Remappable keybindings for keyboard/mouse
  • PC-specific UI
  • Native multiplayer matchmaking
  • Push to talk
  • Logitech keyboard support
  • LAN support (including offline mode)
  • Control pad support
  • Integrated V-sync option
  • Support for higher resolutions
  • Mouse smoothing options (can be disabled completely)
  • Cloud save support
  • Achievement support
  • Friends list support
  • No port forwarding required
  • Steamworks

All of which should make anyone happy but some also say that these features should be fucking standard :)

I will believe it when I see it. Heard this gem one to many times before.

Shame they aren't doing a 4 pack on borderlands 2 for a few quid less - you would think it would be perfect for that.

What? That is exactly what they're doing, it's 10% off making it about 20 quid per person, including all the free collector's edition DLC :huh:

What? That is exactly what they're doing, it's 10% off making it about 20 quid per person, including all the free collector's edition DLC :huh:

£20 is a mentally low price and could make Borderlands 2 the first game I buy PC over 360.