Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Well I get paid tomorrow so I'll front the cash for the pack then sort out who owes me £20, but I'll reserve the three copies for theredstar, Bingox, and mr_woo unless they let me know otherwise.

I've sent you a message just let us know your paypal address and i'll try and paypal gift you £20 as soon as possible :)

What? That is exactly what they're doing, it's 10% off making it about 20 quid per person, including all the free collector's edition DLC :huh:

D'oh that'll teach me to look at the steam mobile app instead of teh full page. I'm in for a slot on a 4 pack if anyone is getting one together :) monies in Paypal, Bank transfer or carrier pigeon as soon as you need it just drop me a PM.

I'll throw in for part of a 4 pack too at that price, is that enough for another four? I take it we need someone who has Borderlands1 to get it to get the additional 10%, making it £80.99 (from £89.99)? Anyone have it?

Gabe comes across as a wee bit mental with those latest comments. Free to Play photoshop, wtf?

I think free-to-play Photoshop is a genius idea. Make the basic functionality free and charge for brushes, fonts, filters, adjustment layers, RAW file format support etc.

Lots of people use Photoshop alternatives with less functionality (e.g. Paint.NET) or pirate Photoshop, much more than people who currently buy Photoshop Elements. I think you could convince those users to switch to a free-to-play version of Photoshop and convince them to use in-app transactions, which would make Adobe a lot more money in the long-run.

O0CVD.png

Paul Thurrott's got bigger things to worry about than what Gabe thinks, the main one being the fact that he's Paul Thurrott

Ha, the man is an ultimate arse, and totally out of the loop. Apparently Valve have been 'disappointing gamers for years'? Haha.

I think free-to-play Photoshop is a genius idea. Make the basic functionality free and charge for brushes, fonts, filters, adjustment layers, RAW file format support etc.

Lots of people use Photoshop alternatives with less functionality (e.g. Paint.NET) or pirate Photoshop, much more than people who currently buy Photoshop Elements. I think you could convince those users to switch to a free-to-play version of Photoshop and convince them to use in-app transactions, which would make Adobe a lot more money in the long-run.

I think instead of firing all the devs for Flight and ditching the project, Microsoft should have made their authoring tools available for public consumption, and allowed the community to build and sell its own DLC. Railworks could benefit from the model too, there are loads of great use-cases for the Steam Workshop and I think the concept makes a lot of sense for types of applications other than games too.

OK I'm happy to stump up for a four pack now if anyone wants in.. since more than four people seem to be asking about joining in, I'm gonna throw it out to first four PMs I get asking to join :)

OK one gone already! I've just bought the pack on Steam, not sure if I can gift via the website though.

Hey, I'm new here - just signed up today but have been lurking for months. I'd really like to get in on this if possible, but I know it's a little rich me asking with no real presence here.

I can say that mr_woo will vouch for me (or at least I hope he will!). I don't think I can even PM at the moment, and am limited to one post today, but you can email me using my username at o2 dot co dot uk

Again, totally understand if you'd rather not and keep it to more established members. I can pay straight away by paypal. And my steam username is kanedaa_pc so you can find me on there.

Didn't you get the memo revlob? PC gaming is dead. Paul Thurrott said so!

Also, final jab at Thurrott:

xsYXy.png

He has a point though. I mean what would Gabe know about the ins and outs of working at Microsoft?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabe_Newell

After having dropped out of Harvard University[2] Newell spent thirteen years working for Microsoft Corporation, ultimately becoming a "Microsoft Millionaire". Newell has described himself as "producer on the first three releases of Windows".

Oh that's right.