Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

I've reached a weird mexican stand-off with my games. I've bought Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, Spec Ops, Endless Space and Sniper Elite V2 recently and can't decide on which one to play at all. I umm and ahh and then play CS:GO for 2 hours.

Borderlands 2 is the best of that lot of good games (can't speak for CS:GO, CS isn't my thing). And yet I have dropped it for XCOM. Great time for games just now.

I've reached a weird mexican stand-off with my games. I've bought Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, Spec Ops, Endless Space and Sniper Elite V2 recently and can't decide on which one to play at all. I umm and ahh and then play CS:GO for 2 hours.

Haha same here. I always come back to some lovely CSGO action.

Dishonored - I have a 1GB 4890. Should I get it on PC now, or console "at some point fairly soon-ish"? Vague third option of "PC when I get a new graphics card" is possible as well, I guess.

In return for advice, I offer STUFF! One copy of Tropico 3 (Steam key) and 2 (?) copies of Airmech (Steam gift). If anyone vaguely cares.

EDIT: Tropico 3 gone.

Dishonored - I have a 1GB 4890. Should I get it on PC now, or console "at some point fairly soon-ish"? Vague third option of "PC when I get a new graphics card" is possible as well, I guess.

In return for advice, I offer STUFF! One copy of Tropico 3 (Steam key) and 2 (?) copies of Airmech (Steam gift). If anyone vaguely cares.

Honestly don't think Dishonored should tax your machine too badly really - the graphics are lovely, but styled in a fairly simple way (if that makes any sense at all), so depending on what resolution you tend to play games at, I'd imagine you'd be fine.

EDIT: Get it now though - 'coz it's damn fine gaming.

I'll see you in court when it doesn't work. The 4890 is bottom of the official specs (and below the ones on Steam...but I think they put the recommended specs in twice there) but if it means I have to get a new card ASAP, so be it.

EDIT: 'Tis fine. As 3.33am edit suggests.

Also, rather good.

I'll see you in court when it doesn't work. The 4890 is bottom of the official specs (and below the ones on Steam...but I think they put the recommended specs in twice there) but if it means I have to get a new card ASAP, so be it.

Also, rather good.

Yay! My legal team were getting flustered...

Also, rather good.

Yeah, my work machine is a GTX 260 which is two generations below the recommended spec of GTX 460 and it runs as smooth as silk at full res and full settings. I am assured this is down to the i7 processor's propensity for shouldering the workload.

Anyone getting odd little graphical glitches in Dishonoured? If I move quickly around straight edges like prison bars I'm getting a purple and green sort of shimmering along them. All other games seem fine, so I don't think it's the graphics card. I thought maybe it could be to do with AA given the nature of it, but I've tried both types and AA off and it still happens. It's no biggie, but I do find it a bit distracting.

Edit - Cancel cancel. Seems to have cleared up after a restart.

I did have my controls set up similar to as I had with Diablo 3, forgot about the move without attacking button though which would have been a help. Not sure why but it's just not clicked with me and not just down to the controls. I think coming out at the same time as Borderlands 2 didn't help, one of my most anticipated games this year and hasn't let me down.

Problem is XCOM and Dishonored are now fighting for my time and both amazing games, closely up there with BL2. I might come back to it in the future, but I still got 33 pretty enjoyable hours out of it and at just over £11, I'm not going to complain too much about it.

dishonoUred

I want to put the U in but then technically it doesn't have the U, I wish they'd spell it properly.

My XCOM soldiers wish I wasn't playing it, at the moment being assigned to my team is like a death sentence, might as well just hand yourself over to the aliens now.

Also something something early PC pirate games something something Halo 4.

Oh, fuck steam.

Having quit XCOM in a huff, having lost the final mission in the campaign to a glitch, I decided to give Dishonored a go. Only, it wouldn't start due to "an unknown error". Then I noticed that in the 'Downloads' section it was down as being in the middle of a paused update. Which wouldn't unpause.

Hmm.

I tried verifying the cache - no problems detected. So, I decided to check Steam's folder for the game, and having spent the beginning of the week preloading all 7gb of the game, this is what greeted me:

post-409-0-73394300-1350160299_thumb.jpg

Bollocks.

And having 'deleted the local content', it now won't reinstall (hanging at the "Preparing Dishonored files for install" stage). Every time I start to think that Steam isn't all that bad, it goes and does something like this. Pain in the arse.

Yeah, I got it reinstalling without any real difficulty: I just needed to delete that installscript file and restart the process.

Of course, it's still downloading now - hopefully this time when it's done it will manage to avoid deleting itself.

Raiderz was actually the game I was thinking of when I thought it was Sacred, which likely means nothing to anyone but I needed to answer it.

No time to play it but will be interesting to read some reports of it.

Origin deal, use at your own risk, they didn't do anything when a similar thing was done to get cheap BF3 Premium from the Indian store but I'm covering myself.

Go here: http://store.origin.com/?ipr=ty then use this code OS3874XVC to get $20 off certain games, and you can use it on games that cost $19.99. You might need to put in a US address to get some games, as it is technically US only like all the best Origin deals, though I actually put my actual address in but moved to Wyoming. I now have; The Saboteur which I've been meaning to buy for ages, FIFA 12 and Mercenaries 2. You can only do one game at a time but you can do it multiple times, may need to clear cookies etc. As I say use at your own risk but I'd think chances are nothing will happen, guess they could remove the games, could just set up a new account to do it, very few games actually need Origin once you've downloaded and installed them.

Unsurprisingly some people have been going mad and getting loads of games, I can't really find that much I want on Origin.

Gang, I have Steam codes.

First is for Tropico 3 which is a natty City building sim where you can be mean to your island's inhabitants. Gone.

Second, and rather brilliantly, is for King's Bounty: The Legend, which is a Might and Magic style game, in which you can be mean to your troops and magic frogs.

First PM gets the codes.

I also have some spare codes from the Be Mine 5 bundle if anyone would like them:

1C Company King's Bounty: The Legend

Mac PC

• 5DC07-F6LC2-YF3VD Universal

Blue Bottle Games NEO Scavenger

Mac PC Linux

• QDZ6N-QJWJE-4560P-PU1G0-6F1QE Universal

Digital Tribe Games Kung Fu Strike

• NA55M-QVBAF-Y6FNR PC

And probably some more tomorrow after picking up the $10 amazon.com deal (thanks to Delusibeta on grcade):

"Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition + Missing Link + Tactical Pack pre-order gubbins

Supreme Commander 2

Hitman Blood Money

The Last Remnant

Just Cause

Just Cause 2

Quantum Conundrum"

I also have some spare codes from the Be Mine 5 bundle if anyone would like them:

1C Company King's Bounty: The Legend

Mac PC

• 5DC07-F6LC2-YF3VD Universal

final-fx, I used the King's Bounty code. I have a fair few doubles left over from past humble bundles/indie royals - send me a PM if there is something you are after as I might have a code for it.

Cheers

Great deal on Amazon.com at the minute.

http://www.amazon.co...MJ5QDZWQ8PTP0DD

They come with Steam keys as far as I know though I can't confirm if they are region free, there's a good chance that they will be but just buyer beware anyway.

For $10 you get:

• Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link DLC
  • Hitman: Blood Money
  • Just Cause 2
  • Just Cause
  • Supreme Commander 2
  • The Last Remnant
  • Quantum Conundrum

Not too bad at all.

Great deal on Amazon.com at the minute.

http://www.amazon.co...MJ5QDZWQ8PTP0DD

They come with Steam keys as far as I know though I can't confirm if they are region free, there's a good chance that they will be but just buyer beware anyway.

For $10 you get:

• Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link DLC
  • Hitman: Blood Money
  • Just Cause 2
  • Just Cause
  • Supreme Commander 2
  • The Last Remnant
  • Quantum Conundrum

Not too bad at all.

This worked fine for me - all games added to steam with no issues.

Now have a spare Just Cause 2 key if anyone wants it?