Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Seems Gamersgate have the Bethesda complete collection for ¤25, I assume it's a mistake and it seems everyone is trying to get it as the site is down no doubt price will be fixed when the site comes back but worth a try if you're after it.

In the client or on the website click the small snowflake just above the O in Holiday for a surprise, too much can make it a nasty surprise in the client.

Is Ys Origin the good one? :S

Both the Ys games are amazing like mr_woo says. Oath in Felghana is perhaps slightly more accessible and marginally less story heavy a game (although the games aren't particularly waffly in the first place) but either is just a barrel of fun hacky slashy action fun.

I made a post about it back in the summer sale here.

In fact, since I'm still partially drunk from the work night out, first 5 people on here who would like to try the series out, I will gift them a copy of Oath in Felghana

Hi Mr Jeff!

Done.

Looks great!

But no Mac version :( Is it out on PSP?

It is on PSP. Wikipedia seems to say it's on PSN but it got a UMD release in the states as well

Mr Jeff

I'd love to try it if you are still offering?

J

Send me a friend request and it's yours

Both the Ys games are amazing like mr_woo says. Oath in Felghana is perhaps slightly more accessible and marginally less story heavy a game (although the games aren't particularly waffly in the first place) but either is just a barrel of fun hacky slashy action fun.

I made a post about it back in the summer sale here.

In fact, since I'm still partially drunk from the work night out, first 5 people on here who would like to try the series out, I will gift them a copy of Oath in Felghana

Fucking hell, I've still barely played more then 20 mins of either since you convinced me to buy last time :lol: One thing I will say is that unless they've been patched the pad controls aren't great, there is a basic move that's near (if not completely) impossible to do on the pad. Don't think it's terminal as it's just a special attack, but I suspect it'd be easier to be able to use it more than never.

Which move is that? Would it be Magic + jump by chance?

I must confess, I've only played in Oath on the PSP thus far and when Origins was released, I used the mouse + keyboard combo since I didn't have my pad setup at the time. I did notice then that I had to do a lot of tweaking to get the right feel of how I wanted to be able to do things. Skills + jumping was usually the main problem with me.

Still 3 more copies of Oath available if anyone's interested although I'll have to gift them tomorrow now since the booze has worn off.

Woahoah there!

http://dl.dropbox.co.../woah there.jpg

Sure I had 10gb left on my games drive the last time I checked. Bloody steam updating stuff on the quiet.

Goodbye raiderz beta, hawken beta, mechwarrior online beta, retrovirus beta, torchlight 2 beta, tera beta and free to play fps warsow.

Hello, 44.6gb free :D Tera was fucking massive!

Surely I'm not the only one whose Steam folder alone wouldn't fit on that drive... :mellow:

It's one that needs a double tap of direction then attack, simple with the mouse but I don't think I've managed it once on a controller, either with analogue stick or dpad. I've no idea if it's useful or essential.

Depends really, there are some games that struggle from long load times and if it's something I play frequently (an MMO, generally) I'd rather have it load as quickly as possible since I'm playing it so often.

I bought a 4 pack of Torchlight 2, so if anyone is interested in a copy (I have 3 left) at £4.85 each let me know.

Jesus, greenmangaming has to be one of the worst websites I've ever used. Three times in the last couple of months I've tried to buy things from them and everytime the transactions failed for a different reason. It's infuriating and I'm baffled as to why they can't be bothered to fix their rubbish website. I know that just from me and my friends recently they've lost easily £100+.

Merry Christmas Mr Jeff ^_^

I must confess, I've only played in Oath on the PSP thus far and when Origins was released, I used the mouse + keyboard combo since I didn't have my pad setup at the time. I did notice then that I had to do a lot of tweaking to get the right feel of how I wanted to be able to do things. Skills + jumping was usually the main problem with me.

Still 3 more copies of Oath available if anyone's interested although I'll have to gift them tomorrow now since the booze has worn off.

Depends really, there are some games that struggle from long load times and if it's something I play frequently (an MMO, generally) I'd rather have it load as quickly as possible since I'm playing it so often.

I bought a 4 pack of Torchlight 2, so if anyone is interested in a copy (I have 3 left) at £4.85 each let me know.

Jesus, greenmangaming has to be one of the worst websites I've ever used. Three times in the last couple of months I've tried to buy things from them and everytime the transactions failed for a different reason. It's infuriating and I'm baffled as to why they can't be bothered to fix their rubbish website. I know that just from me and my friends recently they've lost easily £100+.

Torchlight is on my secret Santa list but if I don't get it off Santa I will definitely take you up on that.

I'm sure you'll tell me if I'm wrong :D but surely there's no point fannying around moving files about like that. The amount and speed of loading in games isn't a big factor on a decent PC. Just stick them on a nippy hard drive and keep your SSD for OS/programs.

It differs from game to game. Depends where the bottleneck is during loading I guess. Skyrim loads from cold in about 2 seconds and Dishonored literally loads in under a second. Other games still take a while to do whatever they're doing!

Also, I've bought 9 games from GMG this year without any problems. I've heard they take a while to fix issues but normally come good in the end.

Ooh RPG maker is half price at £25. are they suppossed to be any good?

I've played with it. If you've ever fancied making your own RPG, you could do a lot worse than start with RPG Maker. Out of the box you're limited to old school turn-based menu-driven combat systems, but it has a very clever scripting system behind it and an active community producing scripts bending the engine to do all kinds of interesting things.

To The Moon was made with it as Nap says, so take a look at that if you want a good example of something a bit different.