Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Oh and Morrius, that code for Kingdoms of Amalur only discounts 5% so the total price is £9.49 instead of £4.74.

Yeah, I noticed the same about ME3 - turns out they just doubled the price basically of all the games, seems they thought they were too cheap :(

How different is DA:O on the PC to 360?

Way better, in my opinion. The interface is more suited to mouse and keyboard, naturally it can look much improved if your hardware's up to it plus there are some great mods available; I recommend Dragon Age Redesigned for starters.

On a related note, as of a few weeks ago you can claim all the promotional items for DA:O and DAII for free.

Icons are for the weak. Pin the apps you use regularly and search for everything else. If you have a shortcut to notepad on your desktop instead of using windows key - N - enter, I spit on you!

Not really. But seriously, I never look at my desktop. The way Windows 7 and 8 use pins means you don't really need to go there, unless you're keeping actual files there. It's good as a dumping ground for half finished stuff. ANYWAY!

I bought and fired up Dark Souls for PC, with the dsfix.

Oh my.

Daily Deals

Anno 2070 £11.99

Saints Row The Third The Full Package £6.24

Chivalry £9.49

Portal £1.74, Portal 2 £3.74, Both £4.49

Super Street Fighter IV: AE £6.24, £8.74 with DLC

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission £15.99

Another vote for icons on the desktop since it's the desktops one and only purpose. It'd be like not shagging a woman.

Are we not men? You big pad fondling nancy boys are a disgrace to the practical, no-nonsense neckbeard race, pushing everything away into drawers and cupboards and putting pretty little scatter cushions and doilies in their place "Oooh shut that door! There lovey, that looks nice, doesn't it? Now we can all see the faaaaaaabulous wallpaper.

I imagine that is what the rest of the forum thinks goes on in here, it's just 669 pages of that :lol: and maybe one or two posts asking "Hi, I'm new to PC gaming, don't know where to start. I've narrowed it down to `needlessly complicated submarine slog 4` or `accountancy: firecracker`, which one of those could I realistically have up and running in under a week and are there any forms to fill in?

I shall measure my cock later. So, is dimahoo's the girth to beat?

Accountancy: Firecracker '09 is the best one. They adopted a new engine from '10 onwards which is really badly optimised.

I don't own a creditcard so would anyone be willing to get that for me? I can Paypal gift you back. :)

Anyone?

Yeah, I noticed the same about ME3 - turns out they just doubled the price basically of all the games, seems they thought they were too cheap :(

Gah, sucks. Oh well Secret World is still cheaper than on Steam! :D

Ah man. Can whoever got me for secret Santa somehow leave me an encoded message to know whether or not I should buy dark souls? :( that deal will be gone tomorrow, right?

Edit: actually, according to cheapassgamer its going to be 14.99 til the 25th Dec! Woot. :)

It was 50% off a day or two ago, seems like it was accidental and only for an hour or two. Saw the MD of SI tweeting about it.

Hnnnngh, arse. Can't believe I missed that. Here's hoping for a freak 75% off on Christmas Day.

Good call on Dark Souls, I wanted to try that on PC for a while but found it a bit too expensive, but for $15 it's a no-brainer. I just registered myself as resident of the Beverly Hills hotel and bought a copy :)

Is installing the mod just a matter of downloading and applying, or is there something I should know?

I don't know for certain, but I'm sure it's a case of simply copy&pasting some dlls into the install directory.

What was the benchmark thing people were on about earlier again? I want to test my e-peen.

Hnnnngh, arse. Can't believe I missed that. Here's hoping for a freak 75% off on Christmas Day.

I have seen it cheapish in an actual shop, forget which one it was. Apparently those are things people still buy games in.

Also, sone Blue Square clubs sell it for about a tenner if you have one near you.

I had six games on my wishlist since the start of the Steam Sales, which now feels like ages ago. SIX. And not one of them turned up during the sales so far, not a daily deal, not a flash sale, not a community choice. NOTHING. But I want to spend! So I looked again at my wishlist and saw that number six, Jagged Alliance 2 Gold, was already 80% off - how much cheaper can it possibly get? (don't answer that)

So yeah, finally bought a game during the the current sale. I finally got my fix - Jagged Alliance 2 GOLD bought! That was the good one, right? I don't know anything about this genre, I only know I really like XCOM: Enemy Unknown and wanted more of the same but more focussed on the combat and RPG side of things.