IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Brer keeps saying this but frankly he's fucking mental. ;)

I'd say I enjoyed the story in 2 more but Max's character is absolutely at his best in 3, easily. Also easily the best gunplay of the lot too. If only Rockstar would let you enjoy it without so much interruption. Still an awesome game mind.

Seems people are keeping their wallets closed more than usual this year, yet I'm being uncharacteristically extravagant. The biggest purchase was RPG Maker VX Ace — I felt obligated to buy it given the entertainment I got out of the fan translations of '95 and 2K all those years ago — but I've also picked up Mirror's Edge, KOTOR 1 and 2, Saints Row 3, Dear Esther, Binary Domain and potentially Max Payne 3 although my transaction for the latter has failed twice for some reason.

The real damage will come if I go for the Amazon.com deals, mind. There's a lot of games there at prices that would be easy to rationalise, but so far I haven't bothered to jump through the required hoops.

I'm reading the thread and thinking "Yes, Max Payne 3 would be ok if it's at the right price. I'll keep an eye on that"

I bought it from Amazon about six months ago and it's still in the shrink wrap by the desk :facepalm:

Least I didn't buy it again through Steam :D

I'm keeping my wallet closed this year as the sale's lost some of its lustre now I've got most of what I want. Hopefully, if I abstain until next year, with more thing to buy at lower prices, I'll get that spending glee back.

Then again, I'm looking every day, and I'm going to splurge on the GOG sale, so not a complete game-buying free season.

Let me know if you do try it, it looks cool but everyone says it is buggy and unfinished and not worth a tenner. Is it worth a fiver? :lol:

Not sure about broken but I just played the very first tutorial and it is already obvious they havent fixed the thing where they tell you how to do something but don't tell you how to do it.

Doesn't bode too well!

Ive spunked £70, mainly on games i own and Have not played on my ps3. I keep saying its because it has the ylod, but its really because im a fucking retard.

I did spend a tenner on that Crysis pack despite having a boxed copy. Having all these games on Steam and not needing a CD is enough to make me do something like that.

Not sure about broken but I just played the very first tutorial and it is already obvious they havent fixed the thing where they tell you how to do something but don't tell you how to do it.

Doesn't bode too well!

It's still very much unfinished rather than totally broken, but if you can get past the duff graphics and the stupid bugs then it's fun. Have the wiki open and get playing if you do decide to splash out and download all 19megs. I find myself playing it all the time, I just wish they would update it a bit, it would be great with some polish.

Personally I'd have a google for a guide rather than use the built in tutorials, which are total wank. The tutorials will really put you off.

Got £15 of my max budget left.

Waiting for dishonoured or far cry 3 at this price. Fingers crossed.

Do you guys reckon we'll see a discount on Far Cry 3? It's pretty new, and I'm thinking Ubi would rather sell it through Uplay or whatever at the moment.

Basically, I'm just trying to convince myself that it's not gonna get any cheaper to justify spending 30 smackers on it right now because I've had a couple of glasses of wine.

It's not like I've got a hundred other games to play or anything.*

*Obviously I have.

Far cry 3 is certainly worth full price - it's in the top 5 games of the year for me. I'd hang off till the end of the sales though - with all the digital distribution options out there it's bound to turn up cheap over the festive period.

Dishonored was already a daily deal on the 21st btw, the second day of the sales. I can't remember if it was 15 quid then, but whatever price it was, that is what it most likely will be again if it happens to turn up during the repeat deals at the end of the sales, or maybe during a flash sale.

Yeah it was £15. It also appeared during a Flash deal voting round but Borderlands 2 beat it since it was one of the choices.

• bradigor pinned and unpinned this topic