IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Well that was shitty. The double pack was £5.50 or something earlier. I tried to buy it and steam told me it had sent an email to my gmail address to confirm my account (this has never happened before)? Anyway, the email didn't turn up so I left it for a bit. Just checked back and still no email, and now it's gone up to £14.73!

You can take me off the MP list. :D

No limits? Who are you with? I'll have to cough up more per month to get that on Talk Talk Pro.

Or you can move to Holland where download caps simply do not exist afaik :D (I never even knew of them before joining rllmuk)

10pm Tonight is no good for me.

I have to keep my windows closed at night or I get attacked by Mosquitoes the size of Sparrows, and having a dual GTX480 machine going in this heat with the windows closed is a bad idea. :(

Take one GTX480 out then! Should still be more than enough to run the game :D

But seriously, we'll do this asap at another time then. Plan it more in advance to get the maximum number of people in.

Me please! 10 PM seems good. SS HD multiplayer funs.
I'll have a go, even if it's just a bit of deathmatch with 4 other people. 10 it is.

It will be co-op for sure :D

10pm should be good hopefully :D I'm playing a lot of Transformers at the minute with other Transformers fans so goodness only knows how long I'll be playing for but 10pm sounds decent.
I too was beaten into buying the SS collection - SS1 installed, SS2 will be done in about an hour and I should be around at 10pm so free free to invite (steamid: johnpeat).

How does co-op work then - as there's no levelling/weapon or perk collecting?? Is it just X times harder??

SS2 has more multiplayer options - SS1 is just co-op or deathmatch but there are team games and allsorts in SS2??

SS2nd Encounter has survival and stuff, but I *think* co-op = co-op so it really shouldn't matter which game we play.

Everybody on the list has both games installed, or are there people with only First Encounter?

The current list:

1-Mr. Gerbik (Shogun)

2-mr_woo (Al Benicio)

3-radlord

4-Vimster

5-snowbind (snowbind)

6-therealjohnpeat (johnpeat)

7-Plums?

8-Morrius?

9-Fragmaster?

10-bastion?

11-?

12-?

13-?

14-?

15-?

16-?

I've added everyone's steam tag after the forum name, that should make things easier.

Please add or delete yourself from this list! 10 tonight! Epic Serious Sam co-op session! Everybody welcome, plenty of spaces left! Experience gaming fun as it was meant to be!

Edit:

Erg, I only have First Encounter installed.

First Encounter it is then! :D What is your steam tag btw?

Well that was shitty. The double pack was £5.50 or something earlier. I tried to buy it and steam told me it had sent an email to my gmail address to confirm my account (this has never happened before)? Anyway, the email didn't turn up so I left it for a bit. Just checked back and still no email, and now it's gone up to £14.73!

You can take me off the MP list. :(

That is well shit :( Maybe the games will come up again on the final say of sales, it has happened before, so keep an eye on that!

The current list:

1-Mr. Gerbik (Shogun)

2-mr_woo (Al Benicio)

3-radlord

4-Vimster

5-snowbind (snowbind)

7-Plums?

8-Morrius?

9-Fragmaster?

10-bastion?

11-Filth

12-

13-

14-

15-

16-

I'm up for some co-op. Been having a blast playing this today, still a great balls out, dumb ass shooter.

£5.50 would have been super-cheap for just SS1, but for both it was mental. A shame Steam fucked up for you.

I don't know what the download size for SS2 is but it says 1.8gb install. I can't really spare the bandwidth, sadly, or I'd install it right now.

:D 10 sounds good. I'll try and get my mike working, but my headset is falling apart. I've got the second encounter downloading now, but it say's it will take 2 hours or so. It's only hitting 150k/bs, but I was hitting 1-1.5 m/bs earlier so hopefully it should be ready for 10. If not I am more than happy to play steam. I've added a few of you up on steam so just ping me an invite when you are setting it up :D

The current Serious Sam Seriously Epic Co-op list!

1-Mr. Gerbik (Shogun)

2-mr_woo (Al Benicio)

3-radlord

4-Vimster (vimster|rllmuk)

5-snowbind (snowbind)

7-Filth

8-Morrius?

9-Fragmaster?

10-bastion?

11-?

12-?

13-?

14-?

15-?

16-?

I've added everyone's steam tag after the forum name, that should make things easier.

Please add or delete yourself from this list! 10 tonight! Epic Serious Sam co-op session! Everybody welcome, plenty of spaces left! Experience gaming fun as it was meant to be!

The current Serious Sam Seriously Epic Co-op list!

1-Mr. Gerbik (Shogun)

2-mr_woo (Al Benicio)

3-radlord

5-snowbind (snowbind)

7-Filth

8-Morrius?

9-Fragmaster?

10-bastion?

11-radlord (radlord)

12-?

13-?

14-?

15-?

16-?

I only have FE too. Should be fun though! 16 player co-op sounds absolutely insane.

Whilst I suspect I'll barely end up playing L4D2, just like its predecessor, it's hard to say no at that price.

Is there some way of making Steam continue to download in the background whilst you play a game? I understand why it wouldn't want me to should I load up, say, TF2 but even if I'm playing something with no online features it'll pause any downloads.

Minimize and tell it manually to pause and then resume is the only way so far. Drives me barmy.

Cheers, I'll give that a try. My bandwidth is only unmetered overnight, and with The Witcher keeping me up into the AMs I was cutting into my precious off-peak window; a 1.5Mb connection isn't exactly ideal for downloading games.

Cheers, I'll give that a try. My bandwidth is only unmetered overnight, and with The Witcher keeping me up into the AMs I was cutting into my precious off-peak window; a 1.5Mb connection isn't exactly ideal for downloading games.

I so feel your pain, paltry 2Mb here.

I only have FE too. Should be fun though! 16 player co-op sounds absolutely insane.

Being a console gamer, I've never experienced more than 4 players either. I've had the Steam versions for awhile now but I've only ever played it 2-player co-op until now. Looking forward to this!

Join the rllmum Steam group chatroom if you like. I'm in there.

There's group chat in Steam? I never knew that! :) edit: I'm now in the chat too

1-Mr. Gerbik (Shogun)

2-mr_woo (Al Benicio)

3-radlord

5-snowbind (snowbind)

7-Filth

8-Morrius?

9-Fragmaster (mattgirv)

10-bastion?

11-radlord (radlord)

12-?

13-?

14-?

15-?

16-?

Added my Steam ID to the list. I'll throw a few invites out to the people who aren't already on my friends list. :)

So I am tempted by Supreme Commander 2 and TFU. I have heard some bad stuff about SC2, but I really liked the demo. Thoughts?

Does anyone know if you can skip the story bollocks in the full game of SC2? I played the demo and having to watch the cutscenes each time you restart a level was making me rage.

Introversion Complete Pack has gotta be worth it for a fiver, right? Never played Darwinia or any of the others.

They're charging £20 for the same pack on their own website...

I bought it yesterday. Darwinia lives up to the hype, it's an excellent strategy game, very solid despite the fancy graphical style. It's worth £5 on its own. Uplink and Defcon are just icing on the cake.

I think I'm getting stronger. I saw the massive Steam sale and just closed the window. At the Xmas one I bought anything that was under £2. I haven't even played, let alone completed most of the titles I'd bought yet, and just seeing the sheer number of games in the sale, I thought "Fuck off Steam, you're taking the piss".

I've got a big list of like 20 games to get through before I think of buying any more. This is progress.