rllmuk
choddo

Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

Wolfenstein price is nice, but I've bought so many games this sale that I can probably wait for the Xmas sale to buy it.

Still, the temptation will mount over the coming (drunken) hours.

Is thief worth that?

Hexx I'm asking you!

Maybe.

If you liked/didn't mind Deadly Shadows it's a worse, but not terrible, version of that. If you want "proper theifage" stay well away

Anyone know anything about Cloudbuilt? Never heard of it, but looks nice (in the vote winning section)

The download size is obscene given that from what I've seen of it, it doesn't look particularly special in the 1337 GFX department. It's going to take two and a half sodding hours. I was hoping to get to play it later when the wife's watching her shitty Hunger Games film. Bah.

Anyone have any suggestions for getting Rayman Legends to recognise I've got an Xbox controller plugged in? Works perfectly in every other game I have and uplay knows I have it. Just Rayman is oblivious...

I was doing reasonably well until that Mercenary Kings/Wolfenstein combo. Damnit.

Still no Ys games on either flash or community choice yet. Less copies for me to gift near the end I guess...

• Upvote 2

Max Payne 3 is a great buy at that price, excellent shooting. Took me a while to get into it but once it clicked, it really clicked.

All the dlc is for the multiplayer so can skip it, but the multiplayer is worth giving a try.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person on this forum who's now working with the policy that if you're not definitely going to play it this week, it's still not cheap enough. If I buy 8 games at 75% off then I need to end up playing at least three of them for it to have actually been a saving. I pretty much only play two or three games across the half-year gap between sales and I already have a bunch I haven't played and know about new stuff coming that I'll want to play, so unless something I want to play right now coincidentally happens to be on sale then it's probably going to work out cheaper to just pay full price for whichever one I actually end up wanting to play on the weekend I finally have time to play it, and not have ended up buying a bunch of other stuff I never end up playing.

I do still half-enjoy the ritual of checking in each morning/evening to see if there's something exciting showing up, but even that's beginning to feel a bit like consuming for the sake of consuming, rather than actually looking for games to play. It's was fun for a couple of years, though, which is more than you can say for most games. I award Steam Sales a solid [7].

This is exactly how I've seen the last few sales as well, the only money I've spent so far is $3 on Jade Empire from gog.com. It's only a good deal if you are actually going to play the game.

Bundlestars seems to have a good bundle with:

UFO Aftermath and Aftershock, System Shock 2, some super hardcore looking Wizardry games, Harvester and Ascension to the Throne for less than 2 quid. Nothing in the Steam sale to beat that price.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/aftershock-bundle/

EDIT: all Steam keys of course

That's a decent looking bundle, anybody have any views on Ascension to the Throne?

I was thinking earlier are there any sale mainstays that we haven't seen? Don't think we've seen Prince or Perisa or Orange Box/Valve Pack.

Given the fact it's not in the normal sale, I'm not sure I'd expect it to be a flash/daily. Then again Child of Light was...

I've been hoping to see Might & Magic X to turn up but it hasn't yet and the current deal is good, but I'm too greedy and want a bigger discount.

I've been hoping to see Might & Magic X to turn up but it hasn't yet and the current deal is good, but I'm too greedy and want a bigger discount.

You can get the digital deluxe version here for $9.99, it's steamplay so no problem with it being from a mac store.

Well never let a holiday get in the way of a good steam sale that's what I say.. Got Broken Age and Banner Saga waiting for me when I get home... God bless the Steam app!

You can get the digital deluxe version here for $9.99, it's steamplay so no problem with it being from a mac store.

macgames5off gives you 5% off as well. Thanks for the link, I missed it the last time it dropped to $10 :(

Decided to sell all the crappy jpegs in my Steam inventory... almost all of them sold as soon as I put them up and I made €7 :blink: What the hell is wrong with people, why are they paying for this? I might buy something in the Steam sale now after all.

I picked up a four-pack of Payday 2 and have two left if anyone's interested in an even cheaper copy.

Same deal with Broforce too (although take Hexx's copy first if it's still available!).

Finally caved and bought some games after vowing not to buy anything from the sale this year.

Went for Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 because I love me some Bioware and wanted to replay them in lovely widescreen HD resolutions.

Picked up Shadowrun Returns too, rude not to for £2.74.

I'm still holding out for Always Sometimes Monsters to get below the £3 margin of buy buy buy. I wanted to pick up Broken Sword 1 and Psychonauts, too; at the moment they're cheap but not cuhrazy cheap.