rllmuk
choddo

Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

Decided to sell all the crappy jpegs in my Steam inventory... almost all of them sold as soon as I put them up and I made €7 :blink: What the hell is wrong with people, why are they paying for this? I might buy something in the Steam sale now after all.

SHhhhhhhhh. They might stop.

I've made £18 this sale. (I may have cheesed a bit at made sure to leave new games running to get cards ASAP)

They want to raise their Steam level and/or are hoping they'll be on the winning team and one of the 30 people picked for free stuff?

I'm not questioning it, just enjoying it

Think I'm done with Kingdom Rush (I know, I know playing AND completing a game from the sale. What's wrong with me).

Completed the campaign and cba with challenge maps. It's rough in place and with some lulls and difficulty spikes that grate. Overall for £1.74 really can't complain too much. (Although, fair warning, I love me some Tower Defense games :D)

I can never remember - tomorrow (29th) will be last day of dailies at 6pm right? So after that I should buy anything on Wishlist on sale I want (Enslaved looks to be only thing)

Make sure to play it on a higher difficulty as well (there's some nasty bits, but you can always drop down)

I'm terrible at these games and I did most of it on the hardest without too much sweat

Wolfenstein's great! First impressions weren't too bad, I didn't think. They nailed that Wolfy feeling of old and it's a much better old school shooter reboot than Shadow Warrior or Triad, I think. I'm a couple of hours in and loving it. Between this and Sniper Elite, I'm in shooter heaven.

Anyone know anything about Cloudbuilt? Never heard of it, but looks nice (in the vote winning section)

it's not bad, actually. it's kind of like the speed trial things in Mirror's Edge, but really hard. it's all about finding a quick route through a level. you have to get used to the controls, though. i think it's probably one of those games that people either love, or find themselves completely unable to get to grips with. lots of people on here seem to like hardcore challenges, it'll appeal to those guys.

The Steam sale always gets confusing about the ending. Here's how I understand it:

- The last Daily Deals - which are probably encores - will go up at 6PM (UK time) on Sunday 29th, for 24 hours.

- Flash sales and community choices continue until the last one at 10AM (UK time) on Monday 30th. May be more encores, may be some surprises, don't know.

- Sale totally shuts down at 6PM (UK time) on Monday 30th. Summer Adventure trading cards disappear from your inventory if you have any left.

• Upvote 2

Just bought four games straight off the bat - big money spent

Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe

Bully Scholarship Edition

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

To The Moon

Bully was the most expensive at $4.49!

Does anyone know how you set Steam to display prices in your native currency? Mine always displays and bills me in USD, despite me being in Australia. I'm sure my wife's account shows AUD.

I'm interested in getting Gunpoint, RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe, BG1:EE and BG2:EE for my Mac but on Steam none of them appear to be for Mac, despite being available for it. Can anyone confirm if they will work?

I'm interested in getting Gunpoint, RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe, BG1:EE and BG2:EE for my Mac but on Steam none of them appear to be for Mac, despite being available for it. Can anyone confirm if they will work?

Pretty sure Gunpoint isn't available for Mac yet.

I decided to pick up the enhanced versions of the Baldur's Gate games. I've always been happy with modded gog.com set up but I figure at under £9 for the pair it's worth it for the new contents and improvements plus the modding community seems to have migrated to the new versions.

two steam purchases where there is no chance they will be forgotten about, Badur's Gate :wub:

• Upvote 5

I decided to pick up the enhanced versions of the Baldur's Gate games. I've always been happy with modded gog.com set up but I figure at under £9 for the pair it's worth it for the new contents and improvements plus the modding community seems to have migrated to the new versions.

two steam purchases where there is no chance they will be forgotten about, Badur's Gate :wub:

I'm glad to see there are other people like me, out there :wub: The Baldurs Gate series is awesome, and still a good game to date. Divinity: Original Sin is giving it a run for its money, though, I reccommend you check it out should you want something new to play.

Divinity: Original Sin is currently Early Access but is officially being released tomorrow. If I buy it and start playing today, will I get the full early hours experience that I can then continue once it's officially released? Or will I be better off restarting/waiting until it's released tomorrow evening?

Bought that pixel Noir thing because it looks interesting, even if it gets old after one play, I like having things which are different.

Well, it was a bit rubbish. Nice soundtrack though.

Divinity: Original Sin is currently Early Access but is officially being released tomorrow. If I buy it and start playing today, will I get the full early hours experience that I can then continue once it's officially released? Or will I be better off restarting/waiting until it's released tomorrow evening?

I believe you'll need to start a new character for the full release, so I wouldn't bother starting now unless you just want to try stuff out.

I'm glad to see there are other people like me, out there :wub: The Baldurs Gate series is awesome, and still a good game to date. Divinity: Original Sin is giving it a run for its money, though, I reccommend you check it out should you want something new to play.

I backed it, I'm just waiting for tomorrow now.

Killer is Dead is on the Wishlist, but not for that price. Yey Willpower!

Edit - Am I missing something or is there no vote now? Does that mean no new deals at 6pm - safe to buy other things?

Can we get a Rllmuk co-op campaign on the go for these 2? I would be all over that.

Anyone played Divinity:Dragon Commander? I remember hearing someone talk about the story that happened during their playthrough, and it sounded amazing, like there were tonnes of paths and choices that lead to some pretty cool sounding stuff happening. Didnt say if the actual game was any good though!

Gerbik, get in here and tell me if I should be getting Grim Dawn!

Yes, it's like Titan Quest but in a different setting and it's being developed by veterans of Iron Lore, the makers of Titan Quest. So if you want MOAR Titan Quest, then support the development of Grim Dawn! I haven't played it since the early impressions that Mortis has just linked to because I have already seen enough to know that I will enjoy the game. Just like Divinity and Wasteland I'm now patiently waiting for the full version to appear before starting a proper playthrough.

Anyone played Divinity:Dragon Commander? I remember hearing someone talk about the story that happened during their playthrough, and it sounded amazing, like there were tonnes of paths and choices that lead to some pretty cool sounding stuff happening. Didnt say if the actual game was any good though!

Funnily enough I was just looking at that too, seemed to review ok. It was also only £6-odd on GOG in their Summer sale, so I'd wait to see if it comes around on there again on the flash sales.

Yes, it's like Titan Quest but in a different setting and it's being developed by veterans of Iron Lore, the makers of Titan Quest. So if you want MOAR Titan Quest, then support the development of Grim Dawn! I haven't played it since the early impressions that Mortis has just linked to because I have already seen enough to know that I will enjoy the game. Just like Divinity and Wasteland I'm now patiently waiting for the full version to appear before starting a proper playthrough.

Good stuff. Given that it's probably going to still be Early Access or just released when the Xmas sale comes around, it probably isn't going to get any cheaper in the short term, right?

Killer is Dead is on the Wishlist, but not for that price. Yey Willpower!

Edit - Am I missing something or is there no vote now? Does that mean no new deals at 6pm - safe to buy other things?

Yeah seems to indicate no new ones- but are we due an "encore" day or something? Cant remember if that was only the Christmas sale.