rllmuk
choddo

Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

On 20/10/2017 at 23:23, Sane said:

Thanks, I ordered one too. It's still up for that price btw. 

Also, the game looks interesting. I may actually play it. 

It looks like they will ship my steam link (bought with icey) shortly. Have been considering getting one for a while but at that price it's hard to say no. Will play it wired though as I heard that's generally better.

Yeah I got an e-mail saying it's about to ship too. I'm actually about to move house and I might try having this in the living room instead of my huge desktop. I don't think it will be good enough, but who knows.

Now that I have the macbook to work ... I finally see my pc as the wonderful gaming machine it ever was!!!.

Steve Jobs dream (pc:work , Mac: fun) went all wrong 

Aha, I thought it was mysterious the email I got said a whopping 18 games from my wishlist were on sale. Looks a bit lacklustre on the savings front though.

Got an email also. While playing Elex and waiting for Odyssey to unlock. "13 games on your wishlist are on sale!" So fucking what, worst timing ever. 

Yeah. I say this every sale but man, Steam sales are shit now. I wanted to buy Night in the Woods (released February) and it's 16% off! What the fuck. It's ok though because the OST is on sale for £12. Bargain. 

5 minutes ago, Radish said:

man, Steam sales are shit now

Keep in mind that many who have been in this thread for years also have everything they want by now. It will never get as good as your first big Steam Sale.

• Upvote 2

It kinda died with the daily deals though.  Even if it is your first you'd scan down your wishlist, maybe buy some stuff you'd been waiting for and that's it, the sale is over in 7 minutes, not 7 days.

Even if the sale was the best one ever, I've built up such a backlog of games that it's just not worth spending the money any more. That and Mario Odyssey is out alongside Wolfenstein 2, and I fancy giving AC: Origins a go too.

• Upvote 1

23 games on my wishlist are on sale, apparently. Well, I am in the position where my PC is getting on, I need to build a new one (the graphics card alone is nearly 7 years old). And I have far too many games in my library. Something has to be pretty damn good for me to get excited about on a Steam sale these days. Trading cards and other schemes to keep me involved are largely pointless. Grown fat and cynical on nearly a decade of Steam sales, blerg.

In more positive news, aren't we coming up on 10 years of The Orange Box, more specifically Team Fortress 2? That's mid-November, I think. Wow, that was pretty much Valve's high point for me before they turned into The Lootbox Corporation.

Ooh Teleglitch for £1.79. I absolutely do not have time to play games for several months, but I'm getting that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Vimster said:

In more positive news, aren't we coming up on 10 years of The Orange Box, more specifically Team Fortress 2? That's mid-November, I think. Wow, that was pretty much Valve's high point for me before they turned into The Lootbox Corporation.

In retrospect, Portal 2 was effectively that pot of gold under the rainbow, hinting at what awaited us in the new Half-Life. 

Only never to be.

Cruel, heartless swines that they've become.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Keep in mind that many who have been in this thread for years also have everything they want by now.

0JipZrs.jpg

hahaha-gif-8.gif

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Plums said:

Ooh Teleglitch for £1.79. I absolutely do not have time to play games for several months, but I'm getting that.

As good a price as it's been, got it free from Humble three years ago though. I've even played it :o

Teleglitch was rock-hard, not played it since it came out so it may have been toned down a bit. I hope so.

Pleasantly surprised to see that they have rifftrax films on there, and that they're reduced! 

I'm looking for a game recommendation - something cheapish in the sale. I want a strategy ish game in which you are empowered by accumulating resources. I sort of want to play civilization/age of empires 2/dungeon keeper but I've played those far too much, just finished war for the overworld, and age of mythology isn't on sale. 

Will probably pick up soma 

Has anyone played Friday 13th extensively. A buddy and I just dipped our toes in for a bash later this evening...likely to be a 2 hour refund?

2 hours ago, chris on the moon said:

Pleasantly surprised to see that they have rifftrax films on there, and that they're reduced! 

I'm looking for a game recommendation - something cheapish in the sale. I want a strategy ish game in which you are empowered by accumulating resources. I sort of want to play civilization/age of empires 2/dungeon keeper but I've played those far too much, just finished war for the overworld, and age of mythology isn't on sale. 

Will probably pick up soma 

Endless Legend?