rllmuk
choddo

Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

34 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

Same issue. And if I try to use the Steam Link keyboard to enter the password it crashes the Steam Link and I need to restart it. A minor annoyance but my PC is at one end of my flat and the living room is at the other.

Goddamit. I was hoping someone would say "oh, go into settings and click on blah". sigh.  Why can't it all just be seamless?  :(

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

I've always found the PC has to be unlocked and at least running steam.

Kind of destroys the convenience aspect of it for me. Needing the PC to be unlocked is an incredibly silly thing

On 28/06/2020 at 17:32, strider said:

Is anyone having issues buying things from Steam? I'm trying to buy Yakuza 0 through paypal and it keeps coming up with errors.

It often doesn't like PayPal for some reason. I've got an old bank account I use instead and just transfer a bit every now and then. 

I remember having to allow Wake up from LAN on my PC when using my Link. 

• Upvote 1

This will sound silly but it might be because it's yakuza. When I bought it for ps4 years ago it wouldn't go through because the site's payment processor (maybe it was PayPal) saw the word 'yakuza' and thought it was something illegal and blocked the transaction! 

That said it wouldn't accept my PayPal password last night and I know it's correct. I haven't used steam in ages so had to setup my bank card again instead. 

• Upvote 1

I've just purchased Farcry Primal on Steam but it says it won't load because it can't find Uplay. Why do I need Uplay to launch a Steam game?

33 minutes ago, strider said:

I've just purchased Farcry Primal on Steam but it says it won't load because it can't find Uplay. Why do I need Uplay to launch a Steam game?

Because Ubisoft are colossal wankers. It’s the same for pretty much all their output.

• Upvote 2

Because Ubisoft are cocks.

To be fair to them

image.png.a889c854fc7d896f7527ce96a0638f5b.png

It does say.

3 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Because Ubisoft are cocks.

To be fair to them

image.png.a889c854fc7d896f7527ce96a0638f5b.png

It does say.

You've mistaken me for someone who reads small print. I've got that sorted. Am booting on Steam but now I can't take pictures with the steam screenshot key. 
What a faff. I'm already regretting buying that PC and it hasn't turned up yet :lol:

Has anybody bought much in the sale? I decided to take a punt on some indie titles that have been sat in my wishlist for a while and, because of the £5 off a £30 spend, ended up with 6 games for the price of 5, which I'm happy with. Just been playing a bit of Graveyard Keeper and it seems quite fun (though already I can see there will need to be some grinding down the line.) The interface and style reminds me a lot of Punch Club, actually (even down to how research is handled).

Edit: Ha, after writing that I had a look - and it's the same developer. That explains it then!

10 hours ago, strider said:

You've mistaken me for someone who reads small print. I've got that sorted. Am booting on Steam but now I can't take pictures with the steam screenshot key. 
What a faff. I'm already regretting buying that PC and it hasn't turned up yet :lol:

The joy of PC is you have competing online stores so there's price competition.

The problem with PCs is you have competing online stores....

17 minutes ago, Dudley said:

The joy of PC is you have competing online stores so there's price competition.

The problem with PCs is you have competing online stores....

I've managed to get it sorted now, just needed a reboot. It is a bit weird having games all over the place, but I'm surprised by how many shmups are now coming across to steam. I may have to sell my PS2 copy of Raiden 3 at this rate...

36 minutes ago, strider said:

I've managed to get it sorted now, just needed a reboot. It is a bit weird having games all over the place, but I'm surprised by how many shmups are now coming across to steam. I may have to sell my PS2 copy of Raiden 3 at this rate...

Try the GOG Galaxy 2.0 launcher?   It collates all the stores under one app.   I've had a quick play and it seems to work nicely.  Others who've had an extended play might be ab;e to say if it has shortcomings

• Upvote 2

That was a problem for me before, hasn't done that in a while. Though it still refuses to connect to PSN and I can't be arsed doing the hack that's floating around.

10 hours ago, Gabe said:

Has anybody bought much in the sale?

I picked up:

Dishonoured 2 & Death of the Outsider
Outer Wilds
Metro Exodus
Titanfall 2

I figured it would be good to go through these on PC as opposed to PS4. TF2 I've already played on PS4 but want to play on PC, I still haven't played the original Dishonoured and got bored of Metro : Last Light so that's logic for you!

I should probably grab the Witcher 3 at this rate since I hated the combat in 2 :D

1 hour ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

I sacked off GOG Galaxy 2.0 as it consistently forgot my logins for most services, you had one job!

Don't they absolve themselves of the blame for that by not actually officially supporting any of the crosslinks, so if they don't work they can just go "not us"?

So far I've picked up

Far Cry Primal Apex edition

Monster Hunter World

Dodonpachi

Ikaruga

I've got my eye on the Jurassic World bundle as well

3 hours ago, strider said:

It is a bit weird having games all over the place

2 hours ago, rafaqat said:

Try the GOG Galaxy 2.0 launcher?   It collates all the stores under one app.   I've had a quick play and it seems to work nicely.  Others who've had an extended play might be ab;e to say if it has shortcomings

I was just going to suggest GOG galaxy 2.0 if you want everything in one place.  I also just pin all the launchers to the task bar so they are easily accessible.

• Upvote 1

If nothing else it's a good place to do the "Wait do I already own this?" search before you buy something.

• Upvote 3

I've bought INSIDE, because it's a masterpiece and I haven't been through it since 2016 on the PS4. I also got Botanicula, as I loved Machinarium and it's by the same company.

• Upvote 1

This might need to go into ATF but it seems to be a Steam issue. I have a 3 monitor setup and recently my mouse cursor is escaping the game even when the game is in fullscreen only. It seems to be isolated to Steam as Epic launched games stick inside the main monitor.

I've googled it and come across some work arounds like Win+P (that seems to make Display Fusion shit itself) and I really didn't want to go for a third party application option. Has anyone else had this, heard of this or has any idea why it would start doing it recently?

21 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

This might need to go into ATF but it seems to be a Steam issue. I have a 3 monitor setup and recently my mouse cursor is escaping the game even when the game is in fullscreen only. It seems to be isolated to Steam as Epic launched games stick inside the main monitor.

I've googled it and come across some work arounds like Win+P (that seems to make Display Fusion shit itself) and I really didn't want to go for a third party application option. Has anyone else had this, heard of this or has any idea why it would start doing it recently?

If it's just with Steam games, I'd look at Steam itself first before considering the games. First thing that comes to mind is the steam overlay, go into settings and disable it. Then try a game, see if it's different.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

If it's just with Steam games, I'd look at Steam itself first before considering the games. First thing that comes to mind is the steam overlay, go into settings and disable it. Then try a game, see if it's different.

Restarted Steam and it's not worked, I'll do a full reboot and see if it takes hold.

On 30/06/2020 at 20:42, deerokus said:

This will sound silly but it might be because it's yakuza. When I bought it for ps4 years ago it wouldn't go through because the site's payment processor (maybe it was PayPal) saw the word 'yakuza' and thought it was something illegal and blocked the transaction! 

That said it wouldn't accept my PayPal password last night and I know it's correct. I haven't used steam in ages so had to setup my bank card again instead. 

I hope you're not planning to buy the Mafia remake. Who knows where you'll end up.

• Upvote 1

Balls, Civ VI on Epic is the only other game I've got installed and it does it on that too. Hades DOESN'T do it. So is it Windows? Is it the GeForce driver? Is it because Sagittarius is fucking rising or some shit?

Obvious guess, the game is set to "Full screen window" or "Full screen borderless" not "Full Screen".

Many games offer both, Command and Conquer Remastered for a recent example.