rllmuk
choddo

Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

Just realised I have a Gish code too, got it in one of the earlier bundles - post when used to save people the trouble - BD0WA-FKC0P-H2R3F.

Thanks, redeemed. If the indieroyale site ever gets back online I'll have a spare steam code for Ben There, Dan That!/Time Gentlemen Please. Its yours if you want it. :)

• Upvote 1

Code for Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please!

2BD5P-N0AZJ-65QNG - gone

And a code for Gish

842PL-J5P8T-Z69X7

Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

Yet another Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please! code for Steam: 3K6JK-YGPEQ-JG78A:

-edit- Gone

• Upvote 2

I hate these indie bundles. They're like Steam sales but with (especially with the Humble Bundles) a sense of doing good as well as cheap games. There should be some sort of law against them.

In other news, Fate of the World sounds ace. I'm not sure why a climate strategy game sounds ace, but it does.

I do wonder whether they're fair for the developers. They get a lump sum with free promotion, but it's a super low price per copy and destroys much of the long-tail in the process.

Still, the developers get 50p from me that they wouldn't have got otherwise because I'm completely broke and can't afford to spend £6 on a game. That's something, I guess.

I know it won't happen for a while (if ever), but by god I wish I could 'gift' single purchase games away and get folk to pay me for them. Every single sodding year I cave in and buy the COD games, yet I always, always find them intensely irritating to play. I wouldn't mind quite so much if it wasn't the boxed version, but having it tied to my Steam account forever and ever is a right bugger.

Yet do I learn?

Do I fuck.

Maybe time to change your Steam passwords guys... [from RPS]

We’ve just had a note from Gabe Newell saying ” Our Steam forums were defaced on the evening of Sunday, November 6. We began investigating and found that the intrusion goes beyond the Steam forums.”

This database contained information including user names, hashed and salted passwords, game purchases, email addresses, billing addresses and encrypted credit card information. We do not have evidence that encrypted credit card numbers or personally identifying information were taken by the intruders, or that the protection on credit card numbers or passwords was cracked. We are still investigating.

It might be a good idea to change your Steam password, clearly.

• Upvote 1

I was in the process of creating a new thread when you posted that! I'll leave the thread there though, I think, to make sure everyone sees it in case their Steam Forums password is the same as any of their other passwords.

Fuck :(

I already changed my password after I heard about the forum hack, but this is even worse than I thought. You also get that exact same message when you log in to Steam now btw.

Changed mine quickly, although for the last few years I've always used Paypal to buy things - thankfully no card details on there anymore. Even so, it's slightly worrying...

I know it won't happen for a while (if ever), but by god I wish I could 'gift' single purchase games away and get folk to pay me for them. Every single sodding year I cave in and buy the COD games, yet I always, always find them intensely irritating to play. I wouldn't mind quite so much if it wasn't the boxed version, but having it tied to my Steam account forever and ever is a right bugger.

Yet do I learn?

Do I fuck.

They've been talking about how to do just that with Steam for a while now. Probably something like, you buy a game for £30, you can resell it for £15, £12 of which goes to the game publisher and £3 to Valve.

I just tried changing my password and it failed. Is that me being a spaz who can't remember my password, or is something broken somewhere?

That's another password changed, seems a new one to change every day at the moment. Only just changed the password on the email associated with Steam as it's the one I use for Xbox live and that's not looking too great at the moment.

Of course I think we really deserve compensation for this, hats and DOTA 2 beta would do nicely. ;)

I just tried changing my password and it failed. Is that me being a spaz who can't remember my password, or is something broken somewhere?

Did you check your email? As soon as I clicked on change, it sent an email with a code, which then lets you bung in a new password.

I had to log-out and do the forgotten password route to reset. I probably was being a spaz (ie. everybody in the world knows my password except me) but it's done now. And card no longer linked to the account.

Stupid internets.

I can't login says there is a problem and that me account is logged in elsewhere? I'm gonna be penniless in the morning aren't I?

I've also changed my password to be on the safe side.

On a brighter note, here is yet another Ben There, Dan That!/Time Gentlemen Please code. 0LCG5-FYYL2-6DECA

• Upvote 1

I've also changed my password to be on the safe side.

On a brighter note, here is yet another Ben There, Dan That!/Time Gentlemen Please code. 0LCG5-FYYL2-6DECA

Cheers! That worked!

Finally the important Steam update, the weekend deal. ;)

Dirt 3 + F1 2011 £20.39 or £14.99 each, good deal if you want them both. F1 is tempting but with the sales not far away I'm not buying anything at 50% off.

I don't know if anyone remembers but AMD where giving away Steam codes for Dirt 3 a few months back, I checked an old email account this week and found I'd got one on the account, so it's going spare if anyone wants it? Code has gone.

• Upvote 1