Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

This is the first year I've ever taken a great deal of notice of Steam. I've never had a particularly powerful PC but I didn't realise the extent of older games and recent indie stuff that I could have been enjoying. Like the proverbial frog whose eyes were too big for his belly, I fear I may have gone overboard. A couple of these are from collections like the Humble Indie Bundle, etc. but still:

AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity (gifted)

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome

AI War: Fleet Command

Aliens vursus Prdator Classic 2000

And Yet It Moves

Anomaly Warzone Earth

Atom Zombie Smasher

Audiosurf

Beat Hazard

The Binding of Isaac

BIT.TRIP BEAT

BIT.TRIP RUNNER

Blackwell Convergence

The Blackwell Legacy

Blackwell Unbound

Blue Toad Murder Files - The Mysteries of Little Riddle

Breath of Death VII & Cthulhu Saves the World

Cargo! - The Quest for Gravity

Cave Story+

Chantelise

Cities in Motion

Cogs

Company of Heroes complete pack

Crayon Physics Deluxe

Dark Void Zero

DEFCON

Defense Grid: The Awakening

Demolition Inc.

Dinner Date

Dungeon Defenders

Dungeons of Dredmoor

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy

EDGE

Eschalon: Book 1

Eschalon: Book 2

Faerie Solitaire

Fate of the World

Flight Control HD

Frozen Synapse

Gemini Rue

Gratuitous Space Battles

Greed Corp

Guardians of Graxia

Half Life 1 Anthology

Hammerfight

Hard Reset

Introversion Complete Pack

Jack Keane

Jamestown

Jolly Rover

Jurassic Park: The Game

Kaptain Brawe

The Longest Journey

Lucasarts Adventure Pack

Lume

Machinarium

NightSky

Nimbus

PAYDAY: The Heist

The Polynomial

Psychonauts

Puzzle Agent

Puzzle Agent 2

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Revenge of the Titans

Rochard

Rock of Ages

Samorost 2

Sanctum

Sequence

Serious Sam HD: Double Pack

Shank

Shatter

Shining in the Darkness

Solar 2

SPAZ

SpaceChem

Still Life 2

Stroke of Fate: Operation Valkyrie

Super Meat Boy

Swords and Soldiers HD

Terraria (gifted)

Toki Tori

TRAUMA

Universe Sandbox

VVVVVV

The whispered World

Wings of Prey

Xotic

Oh, plus these from GOG.com:

Broken Sword Director's Cut & Original Game

Broken Sword 2: Remastered & Original Game

Far Cry

The Feeble Files

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers

Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within

Gebriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned

Gobliiins Pack

King's Quest 4+5+6

The Last Express

Little Big Adventure

Little Big Adventure 2

Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition

Normality

Police Quest 1+2+3+4

Sanitarium

Scratches: Director's Cut

Simon the Sorceror

Simon the Sorceror 3D

Tex Murphy 1+2

Tex Murphy: Overseer

Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive

Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon

Wing Commander 1+2

Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger

Wing Commander: Privateer

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

See you in 2018.

Final Tally:

Alice - Madness Returns

Payday

Star Wars - TFU

Tomb Raider Anniversary

Hard Reset

Some killing floor DLC

Binding of isaac

Mirrors Edge

And Arkham City from GMG as it was cheaper than steam

Im always sad to see the end of the sales. I actually get a bit excited waiting for 6pm each evening. Now its over...back to work tomorrow. Bye bye holidays. Lame. :(

Was Mirror's Edge in the sale?

edit: Just seen it's down to £6.49. Hmmm....

Great collection of games, I've seen a few people on various forums say how a month ago they probably had a handful of games on their account but they now find they've a massive list of games like that. One thing was The Longest Journey the pack with Dreamfall, really think it's worth playing them through as a pair, did that after picking them up in the summer sale and really enjoyed them.

My final tally is:

Dungeons of Dredmor: Realm of the Diggle Gods

Railworks 3: TS2012

Hard Reset

Wings of Prey

Quake 4

SpaceChem

Universe Sandbox

Puzzle Agent 2

Rochard

Magicka: The Stars Are Left

Assassin's Creed

Assassin's Creed II

Shogun 2 DLC

Might and Magic Heroes VI

Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity

Lost Planet Colonies

Risen

Traded/won Hunted: Demon's Forge, Avadon

Got X3: TC/AP (Gamersgate), LoTR War in the North (GMG) and Serious Sam 3 (GetGames) all actually ended up being much better deals than Steam had.

Gifted for which I give many thanks again:

Assassin's Creed Revelations

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

Runaway: A Twist of Fate

Terraria

The Binding Of Isaac

Total War: SHOGUN 2

Trine 2

Now to start working/playing my way through them, I'm really looking forward to M&M, a series and game I paid no attention to until trying the demo a few hours before the sale ended, some of my best sale purchases have been a similar thing, games I had no idea I wanted.

Can we use coupons today? And if so can they be used on discounted games?

Not yet, keep trying with Risen in hope it will add on. They can be used on discounted games but I imagine they won't be made active until the sale is finished, worth trying at that time just in case they turn them on before finishing the sale.

I'm guessing the 3 hour window or whatever it was past 6pm was only because of the servers being overloaded too so I presume they won't be running past 6pm today, what with the sales ending and all. :(

I have a Rockstar Games 50% off voucher, I was kind of hoping to combine that with the 75% off deal for LA Noire but I'm not holding out too much hope :lol:

I'm already making a fuss about this in the Dead Space 2 thread, but I'll ask here too:

Does anyone have Dead Space 2 on the PC? Is there a way to turn off the game-breaking DLC?

I think you can turn it off by using the original .exe, not sure where you can get it. Can get a No-CD version here, not sure if that would work.

One thing was The Longest Journey the pack with Dreamfall, really think it's worth playing them through as a pair, did that after picking them up in the summer sale and really enjoyed them.

I definitely plan to play through Dreamfall after The Longest Journey but I already have the Xbox version. I realise this is probably the wrong place (for my wallet) to ask but is it worth grabbing the PC version even though I've got a console copy?

I definitely plan to play through Dreamfall after The Longest Journey but I already have the Xbox version. I realise this is probably the wrong place (for my wallet) to ask but is it worth grabbing the PC version even though I've got a console copy?

I don't know if there's any actual differences between the two versions but I thought the PC version still looks pretty decent, not too sure what it's like going back to an Xbox game now.

The Steam Trading forums are totally fascinating. I've wasted the last couple of hours listening to music and just refreshing and picking random threads to read - nor am I ashamed to admit that I participated in the frankly insane exercise of expending vast amounts of time and effort to trade my way up to a game I could've bought with about five minutes' worth of my time in my day job.

Anyway, I started with a few coupons and five coal. The general idea seems to be that games are an order of magnitude more valuable than coupons or coal, with a few exceptions, and also that whatever game you yourself have up for trade is almost always more valuable than the one someone wants to trade for it. I bought a copy of HL2ep1 for 2 lumps of coal (HL2 games are pretty much the least valuable games in Steam Trading right now, alongside anything that's been in a Humble Bundle, so the games > coal thing didn't apply so much), then spent a little while trying to turn that into a copy of Terraria or the first Half Life game, to little avail (see previous parentheses), so I sat back and just read through interesting threads (people trying to trade arm-length lists of games for a copy of skyrim or MW3, for example) for a while.

I traded 2 more lumps of coal for a few vouchers (50% off Valve, 33% off skyrim, 50% off MaB:FaS, 50% off call of pripyat) to help someone out who had another trade waiting, but the other person apparently refused to proceed without an extra 2 coal in the deal, which was interesting because even as we were sorting that out I was watching the value of coal plummet. Threads like "I have 30 coal; I will trade for ANY GAME" started popping up. Then I spotted a Half Life pop up and that guy traded with me for my HL2ep1 and a Valve voucher. Then I realised I'd spent two hours doing this and the record I'd been listening to had finished about 20 minutes ago. 2 hours of playing to turn 5 lumps of coal into a copy of Half Life and 33% off skyrim? Probably not a worthwhile long-term occupation, but I did enjoy the whole thing while it was happening. I guess it's kind of like a grindy random-loot RPG or something - you just keep happily clicking away in case something good falls into your lap.

The economy changes so quickly too, at least at the moment, and coal and coupons seem to be switching places with regard to their relative value as time marches on, too - even just looking at my trades, two hours ago 2 lumps of coal could get me a rubbish game and my vouchers were worthless, whereas now it's basically not even considered worth mentioning coal by most people, and I can use a voucher to buy a copy of Half Life. Right now there's a small number of people who are actively hoarding coal, presumably for the prize draw, and a large number of people trying to offload it in exchange for ANYTHING, and then just lots and lots of game trade offers going on. At times there's a full page of new threads posted before you've finished scanning the page you're looking at. Like I say, fascinating.

I don't know why I'm writing this. By the time I post it then all of that will be out of date anyway.

I didn't buy very much, thankfully.

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome

Jamestown

some Magicka DLC that I didn't already have.

Runaway 3

The Next BIG Thing

Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper (it looks amusingly poor).

Sonic Generations

Tropico 4

I've spent quite a bit of time in the Steam trading folder as well and it's pretty interesting to see how it's progressed. Dota 2 going from worth a copy of Skyrim at the start to L.A. Noire at the daily price, was tempted to buy one to trade then but thought better of paying for a beta key. I did trade L4D2 and Jamestown for Hunted which I was quite pleased with, as it's so hard to find people who don't own them. Sadly my next trade attempt was for Rochard just as the coal value started to crash so didn't get it.

I don't know if there's any actual differences between the two versions but I thought the PC version still looks pretty decent, not too sure what it's like going back to an Xbox game now.

You make a fair point: bought. I would have gladly bought the double pack for a few pence more and given the extra copy of The Longest Journey away here but unfortunately it doesn't give the option.

And despite buying all those games I'm still gutted that I missed out on the Pendulo pack for £9.99 on the first day of the sale. I only needed Runaway 3 and The Next Big Thing but that was still a great price.

Coupons are working, in conjunction with other deals too. I happen to have a voucher for Airline Tycoon 2 and added to basket to see what would happen and it halved the price of the sale price :)

-edit- I didn't buy it though, so if anyone wants the coupon drop me a pm.

Pretty lean sale for me...

Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition

Sonic Generations

Humble Indie Bundle 4

Fallout: New Vegas (inc DLC)

Limbo

Most stuff was just over my insta-buy budget (£2.00) so I was able to keep a cool head and not buy everything in sight like I did last year (ouch).

Now if only I could find time to play the bloody things...

Oh, I really wanted Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but it never seems to drop in price... Bit annoyed tbh.

It seems like Activision are just rubbish at Steam sales...

They are shite at steam sales, hardly ever see any acti games on sale and when they are its shit like MW2, half price at only 19.99 :rolleyes:

Im dying for the day they sell wolfenstein for 5 quid and ill snap it up, i own it on 360 but only have a pirated version on PC cause its still too damn overpriced

Oh, I really wanted Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but it never seems to drop in price... Bit annoyed tbh.

It seems like Activision are just rubbish at Steam sales...

I've got a 75% off voucher for Modern Warfare if you want it.