Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

There's a great bundle up on GOG today that's a must buy for adventure fans who don't already have the majority of the games. You get all of the following for just shy of $20:

The Blackwell Bundle (four games)

Resonance (also currently dirt cheap as a Steam flash sale)

Botanicula

Gemini Rue

Machinarium: Collector's Edition

To The Moon

Stacking

Excellent value, there's some cracking games in there.

http://www.gog.com/p...ndie_adventures

Although I did buy a mountain of stuff during the Summer Sale, something feels different about this sale. The only game I've bought for myself this holiday season is XCOM from GMG, and a few other of their offers are looking mighty tempting. I've not purchased a thing from Steam yet, but I suspect I'll snap up a couple of things from my wishlist on the last day.

To suggest Valve haven't put as much thought into this sale would be naive, I wonder if they've deliberately removed the achievement gimmick to better measure its effect.

I've bought far more off green man and amazon.com this time around than I have from Steam itself, there's been some great deals. I wish I'd bought the dawn of war franchise pack off Steam though when it was in the flash sale. I'm really liking the first one that I got in the THQ humble bundle, and it'd be worth it for the expansions even if I don't end up liking DoW 2.

Been waiting for a discount on this, it is indeed a lovely game :wub:

Everyone should buy it.

I've been playing it all afternoon and it's awesome

Simple, yet rewarding gameplay. Excellent. charming, music and design style. The story and characters though (narrated by Danny Wallace) are what make it for me though. It's...just so wonderfully endearing. You really care abou the little blocks icon_wub.gif

BUY IT NOW (please!)

Voted for Quake. Speaking of which, the Quake games are still stupidly expensive. Quake 1 and 2 both cost a tenner, normally. Even with the discount the price is still too high. A shame as I would've loved to get that Quake pack (which. for some reason, doesn't even include Q4). Never played through the original games before.

Everyone should buy it.

I've been playing it all afternoon and it's awesome

Simple, yet rewarding gameplay. Excellent. charming, music and design style. The story and characters though (narrated by Danny Wallace) are what make it for me though. It's...just so wonderfully endearing. You really care abou the little blocks icon_wub.gif

BUY IT NOW (please!)

Sounds good, bought! :-)