The Wildhearts and Wildhearts side-projects.

i need to find this:

Fishing_for_luckies.jpg

not the poxy re release. hope its not been thrown out!

JOY!!!

i found it!! after years sitting in loft, covered in dust it still plays fine :) im sitting here signing along to it. do the channel bop is still as awesome as ever. put a big smile on my face :)

rip, ipod, now!

Hmm, I seem to remember having at least 3 different versions of FFL.

There was the original fan club release which all the cool kids have, then 'Fishing for More Luckies' which EastWest put out after refusing to release it originally, then realising it would have sold loads (disowned by the band), then the release on the band's own Round Records label, which added new original songs, and removed Lovebank and Geordie in Wonderland, which had been released as an EP.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am apparently alone in the WHOLE WORLD in thinking the new album's disappointing. Still better than most other bands, but something's missing for me.

It might be the production, though. Saw them live the other night in Oxford and they were absolutely on fire.

There are loads of dates left on the current tour. Go!

"And the boys will dance for a chance to lance your cancerous cunt" has got to be lyrics of the year. Fuck it, they're all great!

"Headfucking waste of ass, all cash and no class you ball breaking no good bitch sitting pretty in pink and thinking your shit don't stink, aside from the twat you ain't all that."

Fan

Why can't I write this good?

I am apparently alone in the WHOLE WORLD in thinking the new album's disappointing. Still better than most other bands, but something's missing for me.

It might be the production, though. Saw them live the other night in Oxford and they were absolutely on fire.

I can't fault the production on this one. It's way better than Yoni, which never quite sounded right to my ears.

This album's a definite grower, particularly on the longer songs. Ok, they're not quite Sky Babies, but I'm absolutely loving them at the moment. It's a shame the current tour seems to be made up of a greatest hits setlist, as I'd love to hear all of these new songs live.

This is leaps and bounds ahead of Must Be Destroyed as far as I'm concerned.

I think it's excellent.

Much as I enjoyed ...Must Be Destroyed, I'm liking the return to a sound closer to FFL. No it's not the the best Wildhearts record ever, as was claimed in some publication or other, but when you've recorded the records they've recorded in the past, saying that doesn't mean much. It's still better than everything else that ever gets released.

There's several total classics. Bi-Polar Baby is my favourite, Rooting... is an amazing opener, and The Revolution... was instantly wonderful. She's all that is the only one that I think is a bit rubbish.

So where's all the live reviews, guys? Has only Bunny seen them so far? I'm going to Sheffield tomorrow and then Manchester on Friday, and I am stupidly excited at the prospect. I know Ben-k will be there tomorrow. Anyone else? Moosey I'm looking at you? mad.gif

I've given it another seven or eight spins and it's definitely a grower. I still think it's their weakest album to date, but that doesn't stop it being bloody good.

Worth getting the Japanese import version for "Oh Bonita", which is a cracking wee tune. The other bonus track's a bit pants, though.

Going to see them again in Norwich on the 14th. Would go to Milton Keynes as well, but I can't afford it. :wacko:

Oxford setlist, in case anyone's interested:

Vanilla Radio

Caffeine Bomb

TV Tan

Someone That Won't Let Me Go

The Revolution Will Be Televised

Suckerpunch

Nexus Icon

Sick of Drugs

Everlone

Top Of The World (cheekily introduced by the bassist as "Don't got no clue what to do on the top of a girl"!)

OCD

Stormy In The North, Karma In The South

My Baby is a Headfuck

---

Rooting For The Bad Guy

I Wanna Go Where The People Go

Not enough new songs, not enough Fishing For Luckies, no 29x The Pain. mad.gif

Still very excited. :(

And no Endless Nameless at all.

All killer, though.

Ginger announced Nexus Icon as "Here's one off the album no-one liked." I thought it was going to be Urge! :lol:

That makes four from Must Be Destroyed, as well as another two from the same period that weren't on the album (OCD and Stormy).

Which is fine by me, really. You'd be wrong not to like Must Be Destroyed.

It was amazing last night. Superb as ever. I'd do a review, but I'm late and need to be in Manchester. So excited. Again.

Oh man, that looks like a well ace setlist. Pity I'm too lazy to go to Manchester/don't know anyone who likes The Wildhearts. Bah!

You can come and meet me there!

Did this tour include London at any point? I've been checking for London Wildhearts gigs and I keep coming up blank. :lol:

29/04/07

London, KOKO's - The Wildhearts

You missed it. :(

I really want to see them now. I'M TOO LATE! Fuck.

Also, I think Nexus Icon is ace. But 'Must Be Destroyed' was the first album I got by them (honestly! Late to the party, me) and I thought it was mostly brilliant.