The Wildhearts and Wildhearts side-projects.

So how come no-one's talking about The Only One? The single's been out for three weeks and I only found out about it yesterday. It's really quite catchy, if a bit different. And the album's out tomorrow!

I didn't like The Only One very much at all, but having heard clips of the album I'm reassured. I think there's been something missing from The Wildhearts since they reformed and did ...Must be Destroyed.

I can't wait for the new album, by the sound of things it'll be the best one since P.H.U.Q. Hoping that Amazon will have it bang on at midnight.

Here's a free non-album track they're giving away

http://www.thewildhearts.com/2009/08/15/th...and-the-spider/

Chutzpah is fuckin awesome!

For me this is going to be album of the year easy.

Not as good as the first two albums, but it deserves to be in their company certainly.

I'm really liking the title track, Chutzpah and also Low Energy Vortex.

Can't wait to get my mitts on the JAP copy with the extra 4 tracks :D

So I got it this afternoon. It's been on repeat non stop since I got in. I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it

I'm not fond of The Only One and You Are Proof That Not All Women Are Insane. Echoes of the likes of Green Day and Smashmouth. But! At the very least The Jackson Whites and Chutzpah! are both outstanding tracks and balance the goodness for the better. Great stuff.

So I got it this afternoon. It's been on repeat non stop since I got in. I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it

It's ace, isn't it?

Controversially, I wasn't much of a fan of the last album. Didn't sound like Ginger's heart was in it, to me (which is, I suspect, why they continue to neglect it live). Chutzpah oozes enthusiasm and confidence throughout. It's like they're convinced they're the best rock band in the world again. And they're probably right, you know.

• 3 weeks later...

Dude, if you think The Wildhearts is their best album, Chutzpah's gonna blow your fucking socks off... it's literally ten times better.

Mind, it's still not as good as their best album, which is quite clearly Endless, Nameless.

Anyone got a spare for Manchester tonight? My mate Timmy wants in...

Good time?

I'm loving Chutzpah now, after not being totally convinced by my first few listens. It's too damned short, though.

It was pretty good. The sound was terrible for the first couple of songs, couldn't hear the vocals at all. But luckily they cleared it up pretty quickly, rest of the night was really sweet. Chutzpah! for the first half, golden oldies for the second half. But no Endless Nameless tracks! :)

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Spooky coincidence alert. I was just listening to the free track that pledgers got today, and happened to click on the Last.fm link for it (after I'd updated the tags, obviously). Only one other listener at that time... some fool called beenabadbunny.

Loving the track, as it happens. Really looking forward to the album.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/gingerwildheart

21 days left to pledge for Ginger's triple album. From the snippets I've heard from the video updates it sounds immense! You won't be able to buy this in shops so if you're a fan, pledge. Though if you're a fan you probably already have.

Truly independent music! How it should be!

Thanks for the reminder.

I'm not an obsessive wildhearts fan - some albums never really clicked with me - but I've seen Ginger's various bands dozens of times. The first was on the Earth vs.... tour at Coventry university 18 years ago and the most recent was his birthday show in London before Christmas.

I've officially decided that "You're the One..." is excellent now.

Ginger has announced on Twitter that they're pulling the triple album when it hits 555% of the pledge target, by the way, after which only the retail version with ten tracks will be available. So yeah, sign up now if you haven't and have taste. :)

• 1 month later...

Second batch of tracks went up last night, and they're LOADS better than the first lot. Return of the Northern Cardinal might just be the best thing he's ever written, and I don't say that lightly.

I think the first 2 parts have been excellent. So uplifting, so un-wildhearts. People complain that he doesn't release another Earth Vs every year but why would he? He's done that. The whole point of this pledge campaign was to make something he wants to make and I think he's done an amazing job so far. I defy anyone to listen to Another Spinning Fucking Rainbow without a smile on their face. Looking forward to part 3.

• 3 weeks later...

So all three parts are AMAZING. I keep trying to pick my own "100%", and it keeps ending up with about 20 tracks on it. And then I get annoyed because I've missed off some of the others. So now I've just stuck to listening to the whole 30 on repeat play. Some absolute monsters in there, as well as some real diversity. You can tell Ginger had such a cracking group working with him, and you can really their their individual influences in places. So good.

If anybody's not pledged yet, there are 25 days left, otherwise you'll never get a chance to own all 30 of these cracking tracks (at least not legally). The official "100%" track list (which will be available in the shops) is great, but you'd be missing out on an awful lot of wonderful songs.

http://www.pledgemus...gingerwildheart

• 2 weeks later...

I think disc 3 is quite a bit weaker than the other two. It still has some excellent stuff on there, but the first two are next level amazing.

Ginger's announced a few warm up shows prior to his Download appearance:

• June 1st - Belfast Mandela Hall
  • June 2nd - Manchester Club Academy
  • June 3rd - Glasgow Cathouse
  • June 4th - York Duchess
  • June 9th - Download Festival, Castle Donington

• 1 month later...

Did anyone else order the triple vinyl? It's absolutely beautiful. :wub:

I think disc 3 is quite a bit weaker than the other two. It still has some excellent stuff on there, but the first two are next level amazing.

Ginger's announced a few warm up shows prior to his Download appearance:

• June 1st - Belfast Mandela Hall
  • June 2nd - Manchester Club Academy
  • June 3rd - Glasgow Cathouse
  • June 4th - York Duchess
  • June 9th - Download Festival, Castle Donington

We went to York to see him and it was slightly disappointing. The sound was terrible. It caused the band problems all night and spoiled it a bit for us, too. He did play Inglorious and Do the Channel Bop though, which was excellent and unexpected. But I thought there'd be more 555% stuff, since I'm pretty sure Ginger doesn't have to worry about his fanbase not knowing new songs, but he only played about 3. Did open with Another Spinning Fucking Rainbow though.

Also, they gave everyone wristbands on entry and then announced that they'd hired out a cocktail bar for everyone to go to for an after show party (it was the bank holiday next day) which of nice of them. Unfortunately we had to drive back to Sheffield and couldn't go. :angry:

Number 9 in the official mid week charts. I really hope he makes the top ten but I'm not sure how he's doing it.

He's not had anything like mainstream success for years despite the quality of his releases, no marketing, and a high proportion of his potential audience have presumably already bought the songs through the Pledge campaign, so most of his hardcore fans won't be buying 100%. Which begs the question, who is?

Number 9 in the official mid week charts. I really hope he makes the top ten but I'm not sure how he's doing it.

He's not had anything like mainstream success for years despite the quality of his releases, no marketing, and a high proportion of his potential audience have presumably already bought the songs through the Pledge campaign, so most of his hardcore fans won't be buying 100%. Which begs the question, who is?

I have a feeling a lot of the 555% owners will get both just for completism. I did.