IGNORED

A Lumines Thread

Stroker Ace

The third track (I think, the one with the bloke going "whoooaa!" a lot) sounds like one of those preprogrammed songs on Yamaha keyboards.

:angry: Yeah, I know what you mean...

The song with the steel drums in reminds me of the Commando soundtrack, for obvious reasons...

This is good, very good infact. I've lost almost 2 hours to it already.

The only drawback is in the piece by piece delivery. Partciually after completing the missions and the puzzles and unlocking all the skins I feel like I'm still waiting for the full Lumines experience (mainly as I am!).

And Live lags horribly.

Some of the 5.1 being thrown around is spine tingling.

Awww where the hell is shinin, shinin, shinin...I used to love turning on the psp to that.

I guess that track isnt in there at all right?

Nope.

Possibly in the Advance pack.

Lumines 2 contains almost all of the tracks from L1, plus another forty or so more. Hopefully, the Advance pack is something of a best of from both games, along with the few shitty music videos.

I'd be very surprised if the new Mondo Grosso track and Heavenly Star aren't in the Advance Pack.

Nope.

Lumines 2 contains almost all of the tracks from L1, plus another forty or so more. Hopefully, the Advance pack is something of a best of from both games, along with the few shitty music videos.

I'd be very surprised if the new Mondo Grosso track and Heavenly Star aren't in the Advance Pack.

I'm gutted there's no Mondo Grosso :angry: like really gutted.

Still 2nd go tonight and I'm 444 in the world and top of my friends list with 261,000 odd.

Stroker and Poet are never going to be added mind :angry:

.::: Hmm, I think I'll give it a miss tbh. For some reason this doesn't sound better than the PSP version I own, or the even more complete mobile version I have on my K750i which cost a whole €3,-.

I like Lumines, but I don't like it that much.

Of course I first need to get my Xbox 360 back to do (or not do) anything at all.

Right, I'm clearly forgetting some element of the gameplay here. How do I complete the second level in mission mode?

I'm stuck on that too.

Oh, and it seems like Live is still fucking up...

Anonymous posting has been disabled due to the increasing number of unconstructive comments, but will be returning soon. Registration has also been disabled, as it is tied into Xbox Live to determine gamertag validity. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Well, I've got 7 of the achievements, 100 points. The rest will be tough - although I've improved upon my PSP version Time Attack scores, I still think the second tier Time Attack achievements could be too much for me. And I think I underestimated the 250,000 Skin Edit mode. Didn't get anywhere near that score on my first attempt. Need to get to know the skins better, perhaps shuffle them around some.

For 'Base' Challenge mode, I got my 500,000, and thus all three relevant achievements, and then quit. If I'd carried on a little further I would have been in the top 100, but I didn't have the spirit to try for a million.

There aren't enough skins though. Base seems to start repeating really quickly. Though I realise I haven't looked at 'Advance' mode yet. I don't even know what that is. I shall check that shortly.

One weird thing about playing it on the telly, which was obviously never an issue on the PSP - sitting off to the side. I find myself mixing my columns up if I sit anywhere but directly in front of the screen. Not really a problem, but a little disconcerting at times.

There aren't enough skins though. Base seems to start repeating really quickly. Though I realise I haven't looked at 'Advance' mode yet. I don't even know what that is. I shall check that shortly.

Good luck with that. :angry:

It's being released as downloadable content later in the month (hopefully), for 600 points.

Nope.

God I hope so. I'm wondering if the Mondo Grosso tracks are only licensed for the PSP.

Mizuguchi defends Lumines 360(News)

Lumines creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi has defended the decision to offer a lot of the Xbox Live Arcade version's content as downloadable extras rather than including them in the full game.

Lumines Live launched yesterday, and is the joint most expensive game on the service at 1200 Microsoft points (GBP 10.20 / EUR 13.96), but it's the manner in which Q Entertainment asks users for extra investment to customise the game that's drawn early criticism.

An "Advance Pack" (as-yet unreleased) will cost 600 Microsoft points (GBP 5.10 / EUR 6.98) while other game modes feature only a handful of levels, and prompt the gamer to watch out for further downloadable add-ons in future.

Advertisement

Mizuguchi told IGN that one reason for the download/pricing strategy was technical ("We have to include everything in 50MB") but that the other reason was the desire to let people customise Lumines. "We want people to look at Lumines and, depending on the artist, or the season, or the music, we want to give them different reasons to consider buying the game," he explained.

Future updates may add additional features as well as skins (which add new music and backgrounds, and also vary gameplay conditions), he said. "Maybe there will be new ways that we erase the blocks in the future. Maybe we add different shapes or forms or colors; right now there are no limits or boundaries. Maybe users might give us new ideas. We're hoping to hear from users what they would like to see in future updates, in fact. They will help guide us to create new updates," he added.

The veteran designer also said that it might be possible in future to support more than two people in the game's online multiplayer mode. "Maybe in the future four players will work," he told IGN. "We even tested with six to eight players, and we didn't accomplish the ideal scenario with that many players, so at this point we just aren't satisfied with what we came up with. So for now it's a two-player game."

Look out for our review of Lumines Live in the very near future.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=68866

.::: Yeah right, whatever kid, I don't need your game anymore since I already have two cheaper options which are actually complete. Gash.