Battlefield: Bad Company 2

From playing the beta, 2142 feels like a second rate mod rather than a new game. Consoles aren't missing out on much.

I thought that from the trailer I saw it looked very, very modish/hacked together too.

It's clever on their part though - use existing technology to make a new game, saves them a fortune. I'm thinking that someone at EA came up with the idea :blink:

From playing the beta, 2142 feels like a second rate mod rather than a new game. Consoles aren't missing out on much.

Indeed. Fuck 2142. I much prefer the look of this, which also has a real single player mode. Actually, the focus is on single player I believe.

Them graphics looks real.

Christ now there's something that looks next gen eh?

Well, yeah. But I think the same can be said for most of the next gen games that aren't current gen ports. This, Kane & Lynch, Army of Two, Mass Effect, Stranglehold, Bioshock, Gears of War... They all look magnificent.

You should read thread.

Expecting people to actually read the thread on Rllumk is a bit too much.

This is the one that has fully destructible enviroments and looks damn good. Still after the disgusting way EA handled Battlefield 2: MC post release I'm hesitant to buy this if it's going to be broken and never fixed. They shouldn't piss off the community.

Wow, this looks wicked. I've been playing BF2 on the PC recently, just against bots, to get the hang of it, and it's surprisingly good fun in single-player. I love the fact I can do whatever I want on the battlefield - hop in a plane, ferry people around, run around healing team-mates, sneak around the back and slap some C4 on their key buildings...totally freeform.

Taking the sandbox gameplay of BF2 and making a proper single-player game around it is an excellent idea. Especially with destructable environments! And it will be much better with a joypad as well.