IGNORED

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

merge

When are you getting it mate?

probably tomorrow or the day after, not sure if he's put it in the post today - i kept him waiting a few days for the money so don't mind when it comes, i actually bought it on the 14th of last month and only just got my money back for it from paypal :facepalm:

i'll send you a message if you're online when i put i on!

but this fell on death ears :)

Deaf ears is the expression mate!

Now that's out of the way - that new jungle Rush map is ace. It's my sort of level, lots of sneaking potential, vehicles which can turn the tide but aren't unstoppable, and jetski antics! The first set of M-COMs are maybe the hardest to attack in any map because the defenders can be in so many hiding spots, but when you manage to get the plant in it's well satisfying. The last set seem really hard as well, we only just did it. But the challenge is what makes it fun I suppose!

I got a kill with a smoke grenade the other day. Poor guy, I fired it way over some hills and it just randomly must have hit him dead on! He must have thought I was a dirty haxor :wub:

Thanks to this forum I've discovered the delights of the secondary weapon upgrade on the tanks. Because there is no button prompt I had been missing out on that machine gun action - and it makes you damned more formidable when soloing in those vehicles!

Saw a guy get a roadkill with the UAV yesterday, that was quite funny. It's always a bit of a shock to turn around to see this huge toy helicopter right in your face! I love how some people fly them inside buildings because it looks so stupid!

Also I've been discovering the wonders of shielded mounted machine guns recently. I previously ignored them but it's amazing how good they are for spotting because of the zoom capability. And once you've spotted someone you can just aim for the arrow when they run off and the mighty gun will rip through most cover that's in the way, making them lethal. If your squad mates can keep the mortars off you it's a formidable weapon. There's one on top of a tall building on Port Afrika in the town which offers views right to the tank base - aces.

Apparently if you spot an enemy mine then you can get all your squad to get into a Humvee, then if you drive into the mine fast enough, instead of dying, the Humvee takes off and you can fly it around the map! I saw this the other day and I could hear some kind of stupid music coming from it, sounded like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang or something?

So.

Tracer darts. Had them for ages now and I've fired off loads. But.. How in blazes do they actually work? As Engineer, I've yet to actually cotton on to what they allow you to do - do they just act as a moderate homing beacon for any appropriate rocket sent close enough or do you need to 'lock on' somehow (how?) or is there some manual guiding thing after you launch or.. well, you get the idea. I can't figure that shit out and I get the feeling I'm just being dumb about it.

I also attempted to 'dismantle' a mine using my drill earlier. That was funny.

I also thought about the concept of using the drill to repair an M-Com that's damaged but not yet blowed up. Does that work?

Good question.

I could have warned you about the mine had you asked though. I fell foul to the same curiosity.

Anyway, just aim your missile at the targeting bracket for a second and numbers will appear showing distance. You are now locked on, and you can fire over obstacles with a fair chance of the rocket still hitting. It arcs quite well.

My game's staring at me from the front menu screen at the moment where it's been for the last half an hour as I nippled around in rllmuk. :wub:

I should just turn this off.. Don't want to risk updating my stats if there appears to be some, uh, 'little' glitch floating in the system.

Has this happened to anyone not on XBL?

Anyway, just aim your missile at the targeting bracket for a second and numbers will appear showing distance. You are now locked on, and you can fire over obstacles with a fair chance of the rocket still hitting. It arcs quite well.

Really? Why the heck don't they explain that shiz? I keep moaning to people how the lock-on seems useless :wub:

Apparently if you spot an enemy mine then you can get all your squad to get into a Humvee, then if you drive into the mine fast enough, instead of dying, the Humvee takes off and you can fly it around the map! I saw this the other day and I could hear some kind of stupid music coming from it, sounded like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang or something?

HAHAHAHA cracked me up

I've been playing this a bit, really don't like the feel of the weapons at all compared to MW2 but sniping where you have to take gravity into account is fun. Everyone seems to basically have too much health. Online games are ridiculously variable, the difference between useless squads where everyone mills around like idiots and those who work properly is like night and day. Had a really enjoyable squad deathmatch in the city map where we sniped everyone to pieces from the top of the scaffolding for a bit and then when opponents started countering I went assault class and ran them down. I'm going to have to try rllmuk games, I can imagine them being brilliant (and winning easily?)..