IGNORED

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

merge

I can't believe I'm even saying this, but does anyone want to boost the 'Et Tu Brute' (knife 5 friends) achievement? I know I'll never be able to get it 'normally' as whenever I play with people on my friends list, we're on the same squad. I've 1150/1180 (I'll get the Destruction 2.0 one soon) and it pains me to think I won't max it out.

How come you never accept my invites Pob?

Oh, sorry about the other night, was on with a squad already. Other times I'm not in 'talking mode' and don't want to take up a slot in your squad as a silent partner. But I guess that doesn't really matter as the in-game chatter is usually good enough. I suppose there aren't that many forum people playing this regularly any more so we need to band together when we can.

Oh, sorry about the other night, was on with a squad already. Other times I'm not in 'talking mode' and don't want to take up a slot in your squad as a silent partner. But I guess that doesn't really matter as the in-game chatter is usually good enough. I suppose there aren't that many forum people playing this regularly any more so we need to band together when we can.

Yeah dont worry if you're not chatting or anything. Still always better to play with people I know. Even if you're in a full squad, chuck me an invite and i'll just join another squad on your team.

No date for this yet ?

I can resist no longer - could someone summarise what these last few posts are about please. My crappy work restrictions won't let me view the embedded video or go to the link.

I had a go of this last night, first time for ages and actually didn't do too bad. Pretty even K/D ratio by end of session, no one stabbed me up and I even managed to not get totally lost on the maps. Game still has those bastard snipers who sit on a rock at the edge of the map and pick you off - sadly for me I never recognise which bit of the map they are on so I just avoid the general area rather than looking for revenge.

Still looked a great game and still fun to play.

VIP Map Pack 7 is on its way to Battlefield: Bad Company 2. This pack will include four maps never before available in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer, two of them being fan favorites Oasis and Harvest Day. As always, this content is free for PC and console VIP players. Read on for the full story.

VIP Map Pack 7 is all about listening to the community. When we ask for your favorite maps from Battlefield: Bad Company, Oasis and Harvest Day always come out on top. We are happy to announce that in VIP Map Pack 7, these two much-loved maps have been reworked for Battlefield : Bad Company 2. This means full Destruction 2.0 (buildings collapsing and micro destruction), enhanced graphics and lighting, and remastered ambient sounds and backgrounds. Below is a full brief of what's included in VIP Map Pack 7:

Map 1: Oasis

Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company multiplayer

Game modes: Rush, Conquest, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Map 2: Harvest Day

Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company multiplayer

Game modes: Rush, Conquest, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Map 3: Cold War

Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 singleplayer

Game modes: Rush, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Map 4: Heavy Metal

Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 singleplayer

Game modes: Conquest, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

I assume we won't see it until next week at the earliest. It makes sense if you think about it: trying to directly counteract the Black Ops hype is futile, but hoping to catch people on the rebound — either once they've calmed down a bit or had time to get annoyed about aspects of CoD — gives them a reason to put BFBC2 in again.

I doubt these'll be the vietnam maps. At least I hope not. If I get 8 new maps for BC2 before Xmas it'll keep me going for another year! This is amazing news, i'm hyped to the gills. Couldn't give a toss about black ops, probably not even gonna pick it up, BC2 is just leagues ahead in every way

Very rare this happens in Battlefield but this chap 'YoungAFatNinja' has sent me three voice messages and a friend a message too (independently of me receiving one) claiming the other team is cheating using modifications to the game. It's trolling at its finest.

I take most of what he says as a compliment, I was just shooting anything that moved with a tank on White Pass, Flag A. I have 'xray vision' guys, x-ray vision!

Doesn't exactly sound like the sharpest tool in the shed. :sherlock:

Guess these are the 4 "new" maps they talked about in the BFBC:'Nam trailers.

Still, that is the best news so far this week imo! :D

Your week's about to get better, Tetchy - these maps are distinct from the Vietnam DLC. They're also free. :)

With regards to a release date: Dice community guy said they'll be out in the next "few weeks" but NOT next week. Make of that what you will.

Tell me this, can choppers 'shake' tracer darts?

Was playing last night against a very good pilot who was tearing our team to shreds. Any time I got a tag on him he was able to shake it, is there chaff or smoke or something? Only wondering as I've never seen it done. (I am useless pilot so never use the chopper)

Thankfully when map changed he dropped off, as clearly he prefers just to persecute people in a chopper and hasn't got the skillies on the killing floor.

The singleplayer is alright. It'd be much, much better if it didn't keep fading to black for unnecessary cutscenes and instead let the player retain control more often. The final level:

Does a far more visceral 'aeroplane assault' than CoD4's epilogue mission, thanks to all the destruction and seat fluff going everywhere from bullet impacts, but spoils it by having you paused and taken out of the experience with numerous fade-to-blacks for no reason.

It's quite standard overall but has some good bits.

This is £13 pre-owned in Blockbuster at the moment.

Can someone say whether the single player is worth taking a punt at that price.

Yes. Ish. (I completed it inside a week without seeking out the achievments)

It's about the characterisation of the squad. I'd say it was shorter-ish than the first game.

Kinda?