Battlefield: Bad Company 2

That's proof that no one spots in this game.

I spot 10x the amount I heal/repair/resupply.

What the hell, that doesn't seem right. I am a serial spotter though, to my own detriment quite often.

Presumably a spot in this context is an assist, i.e. a player spotted a target which was then killed by someone else. I doubt simply pressing the button counts towards the statistic, which would go some way to explaining things.

I had some credit to burn at Gamestation so decided to pick the Ultimate Edition up on PS3, misnomer that it is seeing as it doesn't come with all the DLC. It's proved I wasn't misremembering, though, the aiming really does work better on a DualShock; there's an exception to every rule, it seems.

So far every game of Rush and Conquest I've joined has been full. They've also all been on the original and pre-VIP 7 maps, which is a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately I had to stop playing as I ran in to the oh-so-annoying character reset bug, but it's been fun tearing up the rank 50 players as a lowly level 0-4.

Presumably a spot in this context is an assist, i.e. a player spotted a target which was then killed by someone else. I doubt simply pressing the button counts towards the statistic, which would go some way to explaining things.

I had some credit to burn at Gamestation so decided to pick the Ultimate Edition up on PS3, misnomer that it is seeing as it doesn't come with all the DLC. It's proved I wasn't misremembering, though, the aiming really does work better on a DualShock; there's an exception to every rule, it seems.

So far every game of Rush and Conquest I've joined has been full. They've also all been on the original and pre-VIP 7 maps, which is a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately I had to stop playing as I ran in to the oh-so-annoying character reset bug, but it's been fun tearing up the rank 50 players as a lowly level 0-4.

The Ultimate Edition comes with everything except the class boosting unlocks. Did you not get VIP? Was it a second hand copy?

The Ultimate Edition comes with everything except the class boosting unlocks. Did you not get VIP? Was it a second hand copy?

No, it was new. I simply meant 'Ultimate' isn't really an appropriate term given that it doesn't come with the SPECACT stuff or Vietnam. I know it pre-dates the latter — although it does come with a flyer for it — but as titles go EA's painted themselves into a corner by going straight for a superlative.

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone who double-dipped have a spare VIP code for the 360? I can offer a cerberus network code in return :)

If not there's a third off the VIP pass at the moment. Not sure when the offer ends, though.

I got a copy of this over Christmas and have just stuck it in today. I want to beat the single player before I go online, could anyone tell me roughly how long the campaign is? If i got on it tonight could I have it done by morning is the question really. Any help appreciated. :)

4-6 hours first time through? It's not very lengthy, although obviously your mileage may vary depending on difficulty, your aptitude and whether you're going to be searching out the M-COM stations.

Bear in mind you'll need to download a hefty patch to play online: on PS3 a prompt will appear when you boot the game, on 360 a message will appear when you try to select any of the Multiplayer menu options, if I'm remembering correctly.

gave Vietnam a whirl earlier on - i haven't touched Battlefield in ages as i knocked it on the head when Medal Of Honor was released - it's pretty neat. pickled my usual Recon so i could initially hang back and slowly find my way around the maps but when it came to shooting i'm so used to the trajectories and camera bob in MoH, my aim was all over the shop. good range of rifles though, much nicer than regular BC2. after a couple of rounds of missing barn doors with banjos i switched to Medic and had an immense amount of fun - the Medic's machiney is a fucking beast, with all that foliage and bullets flying everywhere it was like a scene from Predator. DICE have done a good job in setting the overall tone with Hueys knocking about and all the VC shouts from the undergrowth. looking forward to playing it a bit more and checking out the vehicles.

so yeah, worth the 1200 astro clams i think, a good alternative when i need a break from MoH.

Just finished the single player campaign. Really did have a lot of fun with it. Question though... If I start a new game, I assume my achievement tracking doesn't carry over? I still need to get things like kill 50 enemies with a shotgun etc.

Don't know about the achievement tracking as I'm on PC but I completed the Singleplayer last night too, and you're right, overall it is actually quite a lot of fun. Mixed in with a little bit of multiplayer you can see that the multiplayer was always the focus and as a training mode for the multiplayer the campaign works quite well in terms of finding cover, spotting the likely places enemies would use, rooftop scanning for snipers and so on. The story was rubbish, obviously, but gave a good excuse for the different types of terrain you found yourself fighting in and some of the cutscenes were a bit cringeworthy, but sometimes in a good way.

Singleplayer was worth the time, but it's still only a very light snack compared to the main course of multiplayer.

Pretty sure you can just replay any given level and it all counts - I seem to recall replaying the first moments of the final mission a couple of times to get the 'stab 10' or whatever it is achievement.

Excellent...will give that a go :)

Finally clicked with this games multiplayer the other day, was playing Cold War on Squad Deathmatch, we had control of 3 buildings that looked out on quite a popular section of the map. Running with an XM8 (That's what it's called I think? :unsure: ) between the back alleys getting everyone who was trying to attack my squad from behind, whilst running in and out of the buildings throwing ammo boxes at them, ended up with a 3.0 k/d or something silly like that, and came top in our squad and we won the game by a sizeable chunk. :D

Far more enjoyable than any of the CoD's or other competitive FPS's when you can get a good squad that work together.

Really enjoying the Vietnam expansion as well, PPSH is amazing for close quarters firefights, rarely a time I don't come out on top unless it's against a better player who also has the PPSH. :lol:

hey - i enjoyed the single player of B:BC2 so I thought I'd dive into the multiplayer, but I've gone straight in on the Vietnam one. However, I'm not finding any servers, and when I try to join a game, I end up running around on my own :(

Any ideas? Is this a problem with Steam, or some sort of network settings at my end?

So what do people think of Operation Hastings, then? It's a nice open map for armour and choppers, but it's also unfortunately a snipe-fest. Think I prefer Rush to Conquest.

I hate it so far, itd be great if there was spawn protection, but the sniping, and the mortaring all over the map means youre more likely to die while spawning than in combat. The map isnt fit to hold the name of the real operation hastings map from BF:V.

Im havign a bit of a love hate relationship with BC2/V now on PC, as im starting from lvl 1, as opposed to my lvl 26 on 360. But vietnam looks so much better than vanilla BC2, and brings back so many memories of BF:V :D

I think Hastings is the best of the Vietnam maps - had some EPIC fights over A and I like all the dips in the terrain meaning you can do right sneaky hiding.

Yep, really enjoying it - particularly in Conquest where the contoured terrain means guerilla hit-and-run ambushes are great fun. Was messing about sneaking up on enemy tanks with a flamethrower/mines or C4 which was hilarious - sticking two mines behind them then running round the front of the tank so they clock you, reverse and blow up, or detonating them with a grenade for larks. If they foolishly jumped out I'd casually roast both occupants in a deluge of flaming death :)

Defending the temple at point B with a flamethrower is also mighty good fun, especially when you come across a whole squad camping out in one of the alcoves and set them all on fire...

i tried Hastings for the first time last night and while the kit selection screen loaded i saw the Huey get mullered by mortar fire and a couple of guys killed as they spawned nearby.

and lo it was written, four seconds into the game some cunt snipes me from just over the hill near the spawn point as the Huey gets wasted again. fuck that for a game of toy soldiers.

Have DICE said anything about what they are going to do to stop the PBR exploit? At the moment it is literally every single game and it is utter, utter bullshit. Until it gets patched this game is broken and unplayable.

Had to look that up to find out what it was as I've never seen it. I think if it ever became a problem I'd switch to Hardcore as it's impossible in that.