IGNORED

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

merge

Thanks for the replies

I take it without tracer dart there is no RPG solution to taking down a good chopper pilot?

In theory there's nothing stopping you aiming and hitting them without a trace but you have to account for drop, speed and range and often it's too much in one go (for me). Unless they're flying a Blackhawk or the Rusian equivalent that is - even good pilots flying those are vulnerable to well aimed RPG/AT/CGs.

Tracers are awesome though, traced vehicles have a HUD indicator for all friendlies and help TOWs, UAVs and friendly helos acquire them as a target.

The mention of UAVs vs Choppers is a good one. Fly it into the chopper's main rotor blade - it hardly ever fails to mess them up. It's just getting it to that position to be able to get it from above that is the problem.

That tactic is funny as hell. You can bounce the enemy chopper into the ground and they'll be all "W T F ?"

Never too late to get in on the action. Still plenty of people online playing it, and quite a few beginners all the time.

I suspect the comment was because it was being flogged super cheap in the Steam Summer Sale and the OP missed it. I see it on Amazon for a tenner, I'm sure you can still get it cheaper than that elsewhere.

Maybe the PC players in the thread can comment how well populated the PC servers are?

That tactic is funny as hell. You can bounce the enemy chopper into the ground and they'll be all "W T F ?"

Wow, I never even realised you could do this. That's what I'll be trying tonight, then!

Taking out a chopper with the UAVs missiles is hard but incredibly satisfying.

Haven't played Vanilla BC2 since December and Vietnam since Feb (baby born in Jan)

Then bought BRINK out of loyalty to Splash Damage, been playing that a bit but last night couldn't even find a game so decided to follow you lot onto BC2.

Within 30 mins that old feeling was back, blood pumping and hand sweating as me and a mate tried to turn the tide against the RLLMUK lot and take mcom B up on a hill on the jungle map. It was immense. Even tho we were pegged back at the next set, i didn't care as wining that mcom was such a thrill. Bye Bye BRINK.. Im back on BC2 until BF3 comes.

What machine do a lot of you mostly play on ? I love Bad Company 2 but a lot of folk I know just gave up on it for some reason. I have it on every machine so can play any of them too :lol: I saw Funtime Dave and Dave White playing it last night so if you guys are on again sometime I'll jump into a game (if you don't mind and don't have a full squad)

Within 30 mins that old feeling was back, blood pumping and hand sweating as me and a mate tried to turn the tide against the RLLMUK lot and take mcom B up on a hill on the jungle map. It was immense. Even tho we were pegged back at the next set, i didn't care as wining that mcom was such a thrill. Bye Bye BRINK.. Im back on BC2 until BF3 comes.

You were a medic right? I got right up next to you when you were assaulting A and... threw an ammo box in your face instead of deploying the underslung shotgun. A proud moment.

Was switching between medic & covert with shotty. My mate Gringo was the medic. Some games.. I was still pretty rusty and kept mixing up the brink buttons so throwing grenades every time I spawned etc :)

Mr Woo - I think everyone is on 360

I suspect the comment was because it was being flogged super cheap in the Steam Summer Sale and the OP missed it. I see it on Amazon for a tenner, I'm sure you can still get it cheaper than that elsewhere.

Maybe the PC players in the thread can comment how well populated the PC servers are?

Very, only just started playing it and all UK servers are very busy.

Different games do it differently. TF2, for example has a bare-bones 'server'* browser (which must make depressing viewing at the moment). Halo Reach allows you to set preferences on location and type of player in order to fine-tune the kind of game you'll get.

Most(?) games don't have dedicated servers and so the player with the best connection will get host (and therefore host advantage).

Back on topic, all this talk of pins has made we want to complete my collection. I seem to be missing this one:

Really? I'm always giving orders (via over-zealous spotting). Have I never received one? :huh:

I also need to play some Squad Rush and Squad Deathmatch for those pins. I don't think I've played SD more than once and SR at all. Have I been missing much?

* It's really a 'game' browser

You need to make sure you complete the order to get it. That's what i've found anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm back playing after a break for the new baby. On every Monday night with real life friends and join bosssaru / mike at other times. Will be playing this till BF3 comes out i reckon! to the poster above, the tag is still going but not sure who is admin for it for approving new requests etc.

Was playing Rush on attack a few nights ago. Found it harder going than usual. So I checked the scoreboard:

img20110815201846.jpg

Next game the opposing team decided to not take the M-Coms and just spawn rape the defenders en masse. I presume they were grinding for kills. Not as fun as it could have been on the receiving end.

Started playing conquest a few days ago (normally I've a squad deathmatch whore). Playing Arica Harbor on the US side on the hill as recon just picking off dudes going for Charlie base and Alpha base and picking out targets for the other guys. Got a stupid amount of points for spotting. I've never liked the idea of just sniping etc but for once it seemed to be helping the team rather than just keeping my ass out of trouble.

Recon class with motion detectors and an M14 is fucking nuts.

Is there a thread for arranging games? or are you lot just piling on ad hoc and meeting up most nights?

360_zealot%20idiwa.png