IGNORED

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

merge

Last night there was a guy who in one on one combat would always beat me, and while I am sure he was the better player, my aiming would go all over the place any time I came face to face with him. I didn't realize at the time but i guess it's down to him "spotting" me when he started firing. I don't mind the spotting, but at such a close range, being able to throw off someones aim like that doesn't make much sense.

Aye, a couple of coordinated engineers with silenced weapons can cause all kinds of distraction if they get behind the lines undetected.

To this end, does anyone know if some of the other maps are a bit more spread out, a bit wider?

The one in the demo is quite a narrow corridor for the most part. Good for intense fighting, bad for sneaky flanking.

I gave the demo a go for the first time today. I enjoyed the gameplay and got off to a better start than with MW2, despite not having a clue as to what was going on and managing to commit suicide upon spawning.

I'm torn between wanting to get it and not wanting to get into it like I did with MW2. That would be another three months down the drain. It does seem rather excellent, though.

I think I just had my best game yet, going 57 to 6 as an attacking Recon. I was pipped to the top spot my one of my squad members, though; I got around 5000 points, he got a couple of hundred more.

I'm not sure what it is about this game but it just clicks with me. No doubt there are thousands of people much better at than I am, but often I'll just feel absolutely unstoppable, racking up two or three headshots before changing position and starting all over again. It helps that people seem to underestimate the amazing pistols: I might predominately play Recon but they can easily hold their own at short to medium range using a sidearm.

Oh, the UAV is also ridiculously good. Its rockets are useful for hitting the rear of enemy armour, the machine gun makes short work of players out in the open and — my personal favourite — it's just amazingly funny to sneak up behind people and run them over. It easily outmatches helicopters in the air, too.

Is a teammate arming a bomb and needs help defending it? Pop out of his ass and heal him!

:angry:

Fucking shocking that the UAV can take out choppers so easily.

I was piloting the Blackhawk had a full contingent,was going behind enemy lines to drop some dudes off and the UAV pushed me out and into the sea!

Made me look a right fucking cherry.

The UAV is awesome if you get a friend to put C4 on it too, you can destroy the crates very easily by flying it next to one and then detonating the C4.

Wow great tip :angry: This is one of the fine examples why the gameplay of BF/BC2 is so diverse and compelling ...

To a degree. The open maps created terrible checkpoint errors. Whilst it gave you the freedom to go about the mission as you liked, at certain points if you didn't do things in a certain way or via a certain path it would not save. So a degree of scripting as far as I can see can only benefit it.

I gave the demo a go for the first time today. I enjoyed the gameplay and got off to a better start than with MW2, despite not having a clue as to what was going on and managing to commit suicide upon spawning.

I'm torn between wanting to get it and not wanting to get into it like I did with MW2. That would be another three months down the drain. It does seem rather excellent, though.

Trust me you will love the open terrain and freedom you have, wanna snipe and eat a sarnie without fear of dying x20 times kick back and go for it :angry:

To a degree. The open maps created terrible checkpoint errors. Whilst it gave you the freedom to go about the mission as you liked, at certain points if you didn't do things in a certain way or via a certain path it would not save. So a degree of scripting as far as I can see can only benefit it.

Rather than just sorting out the checkpoints?

I decided to go ahead and create a Gamertag, seeing as the game's out soon: rllmukBFBC2

If anyone else needs to log in as it the e-mail address is the above 'tag @gmail.com with the password being, imaginatively, "password".

Incidentally the demo will stop functioning this coming Thursday, so if you're hoping to get some more games in pre-release then now would be the time.