IGNORED

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

merge

I fucking knew this would happen-EA Cunts.

QUOTE (max renn @ Nov 3 2009, 05:07 PM) *

This is the 1st time I've been in this thread,I've avoided it because Bad company 1 was an utter lagfest piece of shit.

QUOTE (Vermin Scum @ Nov 3 2009, 05:07 PM) *

It was fine whenever I played it.

QUOTE (max renn @ Nov 3 2009, 05:015 PM) *

Nah I had at launch it was a fucking mess for ages

Great fucking EA cunts!

oh aye - this was bound to happen. EA in their finite wisdom are fucking retarded when it comes to their servers. instead of setting up a dedicated, widespread network structure they only have a few servers for each territory - far less than what is realistically required. the question comes up time and again whenever they release a game with a heavy online component but the head bods never listen, even though they knew Battlefield was going to be as popular as a working toilet at a festival.

The servers seemed to conk out when I was playing a game, and it seems my stats have been reset or something. No experience, kills, deaths, etc. That said, they're still on the leaderboard so hopefully it'll sort itself out next time I play. They're bound to be stored somewhere.

Disappointing though, as I was having a blast. Will play some more tomorrow.

Oh yes, by the time I pick this up it'll all be fixed .... and it'll be 75% snipers.

It already is, nothing better than joining a squad only to realise when you want to spawn on them that you're stuck with 3 twats crouched in a bush at the outskirts of the map.

Squad Rush is really great isn't it?

Played this for a short while this avvo with Kerraig and a couple of others (Sorry can't remember your GT's).

You deffo need at least 1 medic in your squad as you don't get many tickets.

One complaint so far is that i feel some of the more basic kit for each class should have been unlocked from the start, why does the engineer not have his repair tool and the medic not have the defibs?!

Hardcore is fucking shit imo, I played some earlier and the plethora of snipers meant I could barely move without getting potshotted by some asshole a mile away.

As far as the problems go, I haven't had too many, it was down last night for about an hour and it was down today, for me at least, for about 30 minutes. Yeah it stinks a bit but its hardly the end of the world. I just wish they'd sort the damn server browser out, it seems shoddy at best, and the EA friends thing isn't working at all for me.

Such a shame the servers are playing up (there is now a scrolling message confirming they are working on the issues on the main menu) as I had a couple of squad deathmatches and they were superb!

One of my squad mates was in a tank and I jumped in to control the turret and voila, instant chaos!! Pop pop pop pop!!! Shame we had a missile lock on to end our streak but it was satisfying while it lasted!

Fingers crossed server issues are quickly resolved but EA should have realised there would be loads of people playing this at launch.

I fucking knew this would happen-EA Cunts.

QUOTE (max renn @ Nov 3 2009, 05:07 PM) *

This is the 1st time I've been in this thread,I've avoided it because Bad company 1 was an utter lagfest piece of shit.

QUOTE (Vermin Scum @ Nov 3 2009, 05:07 PM) *

It was fine whenever I played it.

QUOTE (max renn @ Nov 3 2009, 05:015 PM) *

Nah I had at launch it was a fucking mess for ages

Great fucking EA cunts!

You were right! I did play the frst game about 18 months after it came out, though, so I was telling the truth. Hopefully we won't have to wait quite that long. :wub:

I had a game of Rush that started as a proper lag fest, everyone was jumping about all over the shop. Eventually everyone bar myself and 1 other fella on my squad left, and the lag disappeared, leaving us to spend the next hour and a half attacking a full squad of defenders. We were going to leave if it weren't for the fact the opposite team had sent the both of us a bunch of over confident messages to leave. So we stuck with it and won the whole thing between 2 of us,!

I might have been lucky so far, but I've been in a few games against sniper heavy teams and they've been shite, especially at rush games.

It's much more of a problem being on a team with a load of the daft twats. Every spawn is at your base or even further back.

Graham Linehan of Father Ted and IT Crowd fame just tweeted about this. I can't believe this is his sort of thing but there you go.

He was a big fan of the first Modern Warfare apparantly so this is probably up his street. He was interviewed on Charlie Brooker's Gameswipe talking about how he really liked the writing and Captain Price's 'side-beard' :wub:

Got as far as Atacama Desert in SP so far, then I kept getting gimped by the 2 Havok choppers that turn up....anyone actually taken them out yet? Seems fucking nails to me.

Then it dumped me to desktop.

I sign back in, decide to go back to MP, and, yep, the servers are down.

Spent most of the day on Mass Effect tbh. :wub:

Still, once it's sorted again I'm all in.

Hardcore is fucking shit imo, I played some earlier and the plethora of snipers meant I could barely move without getting potshotted by some asshole a mile away.

As far as the problems go, I haven't had too many, it was down last night for about an hour and it was down today, for me at least, for about 30 minutes. Yeah it stinks a bit but its hardly the end of the world. I just wish they'd sort the damn server browser out, it seems shoddy at best, and the EA friends thing isn't working at all for me.

Agreed, its broken in so many ways. A medic team mate of mine went down today and I went to pick up his medkit to revive him but I couldnt find it in the grass due to no onscreen icons. Total nonsense.

Yeah I actually forgot about the missing icons it's very annoying. Even reviving someone is tricky, a few times I found myself randomly shock paddling the ground in a vain attempt to find the body.

I personally think the standard mode is pretty good anyway so no qualms there.

If they sort the server browser/friends out I'll be very happy. :wub:

Who here is playing on the PC so I can add you to friends, about 6 of my friend play and another few to make up the squad would be awesome.

Had an epic game earlier my favourite so far in rush mode, we were pused back all the way with one point left for the attackers to take but we held them off, explosions going off everywhere and I ended the game with 33 kills to my name and 21 pins.

Who here is playing on the PC so I can add you to friends, about 6 of my friend play and another few to make up the squad would be awesome.

Had an epic game earlier my favourite so far in rush mode, we were pused back all the way with one point left for the attackers to take but we held them off, explosions going off everywhere and I ended the game with 33 kills to my name and 21 pins.

I am and my EA name is 'mattgirv', but personally I've been having trouble with adding people/receiving requests, it seems very hit and miss.

another thing i just remembered - just after the start, maybe the second or third mission (before the lumber yard) you hop into a plastic patrol boat armed with a couple of guns - you jump in thinking shit will kick off - but no, 30 seconds later you have to jump out and proceed on foot because the river is blocked. what a fucking waste :wub:

Just finished the single player, and while I enjoyed it, I think I like the first game campaign is better. Bit more variety, few more stupid jokes, less serious. That's what I liked about the first one so much, it wasn't all doom and gloom/America Fuck Yeah all the way, it was just a bunch of misfits trying not to die.

The lack of a helicopter mission also dampened my spirits.

another thing i just remembered - just after the start, maybe the second or third mission (before the lumber yard) you hop into a plastic patrol boat armed with a couple of guns - you jump in thinking shit will kick off - but no, 30 seconds later you have to jump out and proceed on foot because the river is blocked. what a fucking waste :wub:

I wondered about that too. When I got to the blocked river, I actually started shooting at the lumber there with the guns on the boat, because I thought I had to clear the blocked river in order to continue :(

I wondered about that too. When I got to the blocked river, I actually started shooting at the lumber there with the guns on the boat, because I thought I had to clear the blocked river in order to continue :wub:

That's how far I have got in the SP. The thing i loved about the first game was how much more of a sandbox game it was. Does this open up in later levels or is it just another point-to-point shoot-fest?