IGNORED

This month's bugs...

Lucas

Tarantulas appear randomly after 7pm, scuttling about on the ground. Out of the three that I've seen, two knocked me out while I was trying to equip the net. The last one, I moved out of reach before getting the net out, then lined myself up so I could run at it in a straight line and just bagged it by luck.

I've never seen a giant beetle. All the other beetles just sit there on tree trunks though, so I'd guess that's a good place to look.

According to Animal Crossing Ahead the Giant Beetle appears between 11pm-8am on trees as Exidor suggested. Not caught one of the beasties yet myself so'll get busy sneakily patrolling Urbino's trees,net in hand,tonight ;)

Don't know if it's true but it also says on there that there's a few days overlap for catching insects / fish at the end of a month so you may still have a few days to bag one.

Don't know if it's true but it also says on there that there's a few days overlap for catching insects / fish at the end of a month so you may still have a few days to bag one.

I hope so, I still need a Banded Dragonfly. :)

Yep, I'm in agreement with Lucas on this one.

If you do see one you are going to have to RUN after it. Forget about the flowers, just for those few moments, that bug is everything!

I lost a couple of blooms getting mine, one a hybrid too, I seem to remember.

Yeah, you probably just threw lots of 99K bags of bells at it! ;)

That hurt man, that really f**king hurt ;)

Just run everywhere and hope it comes out? I think I got the game a bit late in the month to catch all the bugs, which is a bit dissapointing.

Just watch it's flight path, and you'll see how to nab it ;)

I managed to nab a tarantula last night :) It disappeared into the water near the rivermouth seconds after I saw it, and I assumed it was gone for good, but I carried on with my fishing and a minute or so later ended up on the other shore, where I saw it wating again. I snuck towards it slowly, causing it to turn and raise it's front legs at me in a threatening manner, at which point I swung the net and snagged him.

• 3 months later...

I do hear a bug occasionally still (at least last month), but I can never find it :S I narrow the thing down to pretty small area (ie, where the sound's at its loudest), but no matter how thoroughly I search it remains elusive.

ME TOO WHAT IS IT? Like a NUHHHHH buzzing sound around a tree. I want to dig the tree up... But I don't.

I want to dig the tree up... But I don't.
I keep hearing a noise myself ;) but the little buggers remain elusive. Get digging Sofi! Not under the tree I'd guess, but probably just underground somewhere nearby.

I catched a Dung beetle this morning, it was rolling a snowball around. I'd been wondering how the snowballs were made so at least it settled something for me, I'd previously decided on them being frozen urine, fallen from the sky after Petey had flown overhead, much like the urban legend of a frozen shaft of urine falling from an airplane and spearing some lady.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...